Follow us on Twitter

Page 442 of 481 FirstFirst ... 342392432440441442443444452 ... LastLast
Results 6,616 to 6,630 of 7204
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    That's not a bad deal I would do it question is why isn't it done yet lol

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Because Chicago would not do it

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Damn... Knicks trying to trade for Zach Lavine.

Randle, Payton and #27 pick in this draft for Lavine.

Damn I hope that happens!

They are saying on NBA radio that Zach is saying that he is tired of the Bulls FO and he wants to play from Thibodau who he says is his favorite coach...

Leon Rose get that deal done
    Wait, what? Is that a rumored deal or you just throwing it out there?

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat lol.

Where theres smoke of a player wanting out theres usually truth to those rumors. Not saying I believe this rumor as I dont know the source.

But this is why you bring in someone like rose. This is what agents do.

They find ways to get their clients off teams they dont want to be and on teams they want to be.

These are the kind of deals players agents and coaches work on in the shadows.

Hey thibs, reach out to zack, see if he wants to play in ny, if he does, well start the rumor mill, and work on getting him to NY.

That's how it happens. No clue if theres any truth to this, but sure smells fishy.

4. 09-23-2020, 10:16 PM
    Reason
    Response to deleted post

Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
    Wait, what? Is that a rumored deal or you just throwing it out there?

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat lol.
    Everyone would..

Except Chicago unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Where theres smoke of a player wanting out theres usually truth to those rumors. Not saying I believe this rumor as I dont know the source.

But this is why you bring in someone like rose. This is what agents do.

They find ways to get their clients off teams they dont want to be and on teams they want to be.

These are the kind of deals players agents and coaches work on in the shadows.

Hey thibs, reach out to zack, see if he wants to play in ny, if he does, well start the rumor mill, and work on getting him to NY.

That's how it happens. No clue if theres any truth to this, but sure smells fishy.
    This would be great if it's true, I have heard Thibs was Lavine's favorite coach, Lavine is still only 25yo & on a reasonable $19.5Mill x 2 (the type of player worth a 27th)....

1-Cole
    2-Lavine
    3-RJ
    4-(TBD)
    5-Mitch

That's a potentially very good young core...
    All but Mitch can pass/shoot(faith in RJ)/dribble drive...

I'd be as glad to watch that team develop together as any Knicks team over the past 25 years...

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Everyone would..

Except Chicago unfortunately
    You're prob right though.... Even we got more than that for a disgruntled and injured KP with only 1 year left....

I wouldn't offer more in a trade, rather have him as a reasonable target FA in 2022...

Hopefully by then we're developing into something a piece or 2 away...

Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    This would be great if it's true, I have heard Thibs was Lavine's favorite coach, Lavine is still only 25yo & on a reasonable $19.5Mill x 2 (the type of player worth a 27th)....

1-Cole
    2-Lavine
    3-RJ
    4-(TBD)
    5-Mitch

That's a potentially very good young core...
    All but Mitch can pass/shoot(faith in RJ)/dribble drive...

I'd be as glad to watch that team develop together as any Knicks team over the past 25 years...
    The reason I tend to belief there is real smoke to these rumors is that the rumor of zack wanting put of chicago has been going on since july.

When you see those rumors persist, usually there is truth to it, just like we saw with KP.

Zack is signed with bill Duffy who is a top tier nba player agent, and was Rose's competition for a lot of years.

If prying zack from chi to go to NY was bill and leon's goal, this is exactly how it would look.

But that doesnt mean any of it is true either. If the rumors start to really kick up, and you start hearing about zack not reporting to the team or talking to coaches, than you'll know its true.

The reason I tend to belief there is real smoke to these rumors is that the rumor of zack wanting put of chicago has been going on since july.

When you see those rumors persist, usually there is truth to it, just like we saw with KP.

Zack is signed with bill Duffy who is a top tier nba player agent, and was Rose's competition for a lot of years.

If prying zack from chi to go to NY was bill and leon's goal, this is exactly how it would look.

But that doesnt mean any of it is true either. If the rumors start to really kick up, and you start hearing about zack not reporting to the team or talking to coaches, than you'll know its true.
    The question then becomes will it work?

We've seen disgruntled players before STILL cost a fortune...

Lavine is not on THAT level, but I WOULDN'T want to trade the ANY 2021 pick either...

I'm not quite sure what my MAX offer would be for Lavine, but it's prob some combination of Randle, 27, 38, DSJ and maybe Knox...

No Frank, No 2021 picks...

The price I'd pay is for the advantage of starting the chemistry building with Lavine and our young guys now vs potentially 2 years from now...

But we have to keep in mind we are prob not close to competing at a top level prior to 2022-23 with our without him....

The question then becomes will it work?

We've seen disgruntled players before STILL cost a fortune...

Lavine is not on THAT level, but I WOULDN'T want to trade the ANY 2021 pick either...

I'm not quite sure what my MAX offer would be for Lavine, but it's prob some combination of Randle, 27, 38, DSJ and maybe Knox...

No Frank, No 2021 picks...

The price I'd pay is for the advantage of starting the chemistry building with Lavine and our young guys now vs potentially 2 years from now...

But we have to keep in mind we are prob not close to competing at a top level prior to 2022-23 with our without him....
    I'd throw in the top 10 protected dal pick, or our lottery pick for this year.

I dont even like lavine, but if it doesnt cost much, it's a no brainers.

We have all our picks in the future, and the dal picks, and the 2nd 1st rnd pick from clippers.

Last thing we should do is overvalue those picks and pass on a player that most likely is better than anyone we will be able to draft.

Again I dont love lavine, but we need to get players that we can actually build around at some point, if it fails it fails.

Its not realistic to think we would get him without any draft picks.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 09-23-2020 at 11:33 PM.

Again Rick Kamla on NBA Radio*said that he heard a rumor that Zach Lavine wanted out in Chicago and the Knicks reached out to them about him.

Kamla said that a trade package involving Randle, Payton and the 2020 #27 pick was involved.

I would say add that Dallas 2021 pick and the Bulls might consider it. If Bulls draft a guy like Ball, Hayes or Deni they can move Koby White over to the 2 and have Payton as backup PG. They would have #4 and #27 and move a disgruntled player. Randle also brings a punch to their roster coming off the bench.

I think it's a good trade for both teams.

Cole /DSJ
    Zach / Frank
    RJ / Iggy
    Gallinari / Knox
    Mitch / Carey, Asubuke, Okuro(backup Center) #38

That is a fun young team.

I'd throw in the top 10 protected dal pick, or our lottery pick for this year.

I dont even like lavine, but if it doesnt cost much, it's a no brainers.

We have all our picks in the future, and the dal picks, and the 2nd 1st rnd pick from clippers.

Last thing we should do is overvalue those picks and pass on a player that most likely is better than anyone we will be able to draft.

Again I dont love lavine, but we need to get players that we can actually build around at some point, if it fails it fails.
    I feel you on Lavine, But I actually do like him a lot...

The more I think about it though, the more my fear would be that its too much too soon...

I wouldn't want him to come in with a bunch of unproven guys and think he has to be "the man"...

I actually like the idea of us building and entire team of "very good" players that have "great" games vs a team that has 1 player that thinks he has to be counted on every night to be "great"...

The best case scenario is having a lineup in which ANY starter could go for 20+ on ANY given night...

Beautiful basketball takes from the weakness of the Defense and rides the hot hand...

It's much simpler to be consistently dangerous (when you don't have top 5 talent) when the method in which you attack is not as consistent/predictable...

I still want Lavine, I trust Thibs to coach the team "the right way", but if we have to just wait out his contract while continuing to build THAT kind of team, I'm good with that too...

No 2021 picks....

If I were to get creative with the 2021 picks...

How about playing off our poor reputation?

A right to swap picks in 2021?

Randle, DSJ, 2020 27th & a right to swap 2021 1sts...

They'd have visions of a #1 overall pick, while we'd completely eliminate any thoughts of "tanking"/show players true dedication to "winning culture"...

Let Cole/Lavine/RJ/Knox/Frank/Mitch play all year to "earn the steal" (no pick swap) in that trade...

Riskier play (although Bulls never draft that far from us), but if you truly trust the coaching/development/players...

A more rewarding end result possibility...

If I were to get creative with the 2021 picks...

How about playing off our poor reputation?

A right to swap picks in 2021?

Randle, DSJ, 2020 27th & a right to swap 2021 1sts...

They'd have visions of a #1 overall pick, while we'd completely eliminate any thoughts of "tanking"/show players true dedication to "winning culture"...

Let Cole/Lavine/RJ/Knox/Frank/Mitch play all year to "earn the steal" (no pick swap) in that trade...

Riskier play (although Bulls never draft that far from us), but if you truly trust the coaching/development/players...

A more rewarding end result possibility...
    First of all with Zach the Knicks would be much better than the Bulls. The Knicks were better than the Bulls with Zach. Swapping trades does nothing to sweeten the deal.

Knicks need talent and Zach is one of the most talented scorers in the NBA and I believe that's all Thibs and Woody need is one major weapon to open up the floor for everyone else. Zach Lavine was a starting PG for 3 years so he knows how to get his teammates involved... Bulls literally had the worst coaching staff in the league.

Granted Zach is no Derrick Rose but I believe he is as good and more athletic than Joe Johnson.... so our coaching staff would be well equipped with the players they need if he were here.
    Last edited by Knicks Boogie; 09-24-2020 at 01:40 AM.

Herro went off tonight with 37 points.

Would be nice to have a player with that kind of shooting skill here. Doesnít look like a role player.

But if the Knicks want to put themselves in prime position then trading for Lavine is probably the best thing they can do right now assuming you can get Lavine to New York then that takes care of you guys at the 2 (SG)

But then you have to draft said PG whoever at the #8 spot

RJ Barrett as your #3 (SF)

But then lies the issue at #4 because who is going to be your starting PF?

Then you have Mitch at the 5 playing C

Your young core is born right there of players in their 20s...a young Knicks team but one that can actually make the Knicks look somewhat okay on paper

Then you can get people back in The Mecca