Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 431 of 494 FirstFirst ... 331381421429430431432433441481 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 7410
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    In two years LeBron will be turning 38 and entering his 19th season. AD will be 29. Unless the Lakers sign another big free agent, they will have no means to build around him...no draft picks, young players or other assets. Like what we saw with Durant, there may be a desire to prove that he can elevate a team to championship status without LeBron.

LeBron can also opt out after next season. If rumors are true that he wants to play with his son before retiring, then he likely wonít be on the Lakers for more than two more seasons.

Itís just not a good situation long term on paper. Things change though so weíll see. I just wouldnít bet that he signs his last big contract with the Lakers unless they make another big move in free agency. Heíll have the big stage but it could potentially be a worse situation than what he had in New Orleans.
    Yeah of course. All just speculation. Iím just basing that on him supposedly wanting to come here. If he was all about just winning, that would have never been mentioned

Who knows whatís real or not though

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    The unibrow wouldn't leave unless Lebron left. AD is a nice player but he's not on the same level as Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant, Steph Curry, Chris Paul or Lebron James. He's on par with Paul George. Basically a mental midget who puts up nice numbers but doesn't have the focus to reach the next level.
    Lol heís a top 5 player easily
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    No he's not lol kd was hurt

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    A top 5 player makes people around him better.

Example, Chris Paul who is eligible for AARP led a relatively green squad that had no business making the playoffs.

A top 5 player doesn't whine his way out of New Orleans to play with Lebron James.

Davis is a very good player but he cannot be built around. He needs to be behind the alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    A top 5 player makes people around him better.

Example, Chris Paul who is eligible for AARP led a relatively green squad that had no business making the playoffs.

A top 5 player doesn't whine his way out of New Orleans to play with Lebron James.

Davis is a very good player but he cannot be built around. He needs to be behind the alpha.
    I'd put ad 7 to 12

LeBron
    Kawhi
    Giannis
    Curry
    KD

If we are taking either or both of Curry/KD out, Jokic and AD are getting the spots. Harden and Luka are right behind them

That's exactly what I think. We have the Kentucky connection so I think we would be more comfortable with the Knicks although he is ftom Chicago.

Knicks should sign Boogie Cousins on a prove it deal if he's healthy and wants considerable playing time. I prefer the Knicks go after the budding Christian Wood instead but he may be to costly.

Right now in the NBA top 5 players that could carry a team around them...

LeBron
    Jokic
    Luka
    Harden
    CP3

Freak, Leonard, KD, Curry, AD, are all great players but they all need a ridiculous amount of talent around them to win. Raptors were really good without Leonard, him Freak, KD, Curry and AD are better Robins than Batman. Put any of them on a team with that top 5 and you have a contender. And the key skill set among those top 5 is playmaking.... you need that to be an Alpha!

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Right now in the NBA top 5 players that could carry a team around them...

LeBron
    Jokic
    Luka
    Harden
    CP3

Freak, Leonard, KD, Curry, AD, are all great players but they all need a ridiculous amount of talent around them to win. Raptors were really good without Leonard, him Freak, KD, Curry and AD are better Robins than Batman. Put any of them on a team with that top 5 and you have a contender. And the key skill set among those top 5 is playmaking.... you need that to be an Alpha!
    I donít really see how you could say that. CP3 has been on plenty of good teams, has never gotten over the top, including with another guy you put in the top 5. Curry is easily better than Paul. And has already been a #1 on championship teams, so Iím not seeing how you came to that conclusion. Just as far as that one goes.

And Giannis has been carrying a mediocre at best team all along. Iím sure a healthy, full strength KD could definitely carry a subpar team to a playoff run too

But what are we really basing it on? Carrying a team, or having the skills and abilities to win rings?
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-20-2020 at 11:07 AM.

New York Knicks receive: Jrue Holiday
    New Orleans Pelicans receive: Julius Randle, Kevin Knox, Bobby Portis, and 2022 1st round draft pick

Knicks get Jrue Holiday via trade to pair him up with RJ Barrett and whoever the #8 pick turns out to be

So the official offer for CP3 was Frank, Knox, Payton, Randle, and a 2nd??? Wow,...rinse repeat..rinse repeat..

Knicks can go after other players too you know like:

Andre Drummond
    Hassan Whiteside
    DeMar DeRozan
    Serge Ibaka
    Gordon Hayward
    Paul Millsap
    Montrezl Harrell
    Fred Van Vleet

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    So the official offer for CP3 was Frank, Knox, Payton, Randle, and a 2nd??? Wow,...rinse repeat..rinse repeat..
    I donít want CP3 but if we unloaded all that trash and had a legit pg this team would be a lot easier to watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    New York Knicks receive: Jrue Holiday
    New Orleans Pelicans receive: Julius Randle, Kevin Knox, Bobby Portis, and 2022 1st round draft pick

Knicks get Jrue Holiday via trade to pair him up with RJ Barrett and whoever the #8 pick turns out to be
    Bobby should be untouchable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.