Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 436 of 481 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438446 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 7204
  1. #6526
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,618
    Well let's be real...

    Former Team President Steve Mills and GM Scott Perry ruined the tank (by trading for Mudiay, signing Burke, etc) which the Knicks had the 3rd worst record then fell in the last 12 games to end up with Kevin Knox.

    That was the LAST year under the old rules.

    Today's NBA Lottery, the 3 teams with the worst record have equal chance to get #1.

    This is how the Knicks ended up with #3 instead of #1 and drafted RJ.

    Certainly they had no shot at #1 pick despite having 5th worst record.

  2. #6527
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,830
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Iíd say we tanked when we ended up with the #3. There was obviously little regard for winning games. Last year was a ďnot on purpose tankĒ, which we ruined anyway.

    But thatís why Iíve been in favor of moves to sign players that fill holes, and improve the team. Thereís a 0% chance we ever fully commit to that kind of rebuild. It will never happen. The second it starts to bear fruit, we will make a deal for whatever semi-star might be available
    Itís one of those issues that fans and media is in denial. Dolan is hands off with the Rangers why is that ? I have my thoughts but wonít divulge into that.

    Itís why the team will continue being a bottom feeder team that will still suck, itís like a curse. Iíll stop kicking dirt on the team when they stop making stupid moves.

    The way the Knicks make moves is the way the Mets and Jets make moves. I hate the Jets with a passion they are just trash, Mets canít find legit hitting for a pitchers park and now they want to bring back Sandy Alderson the man who ****ed them up for years.

    9 gm/presidents and 12 coaches in 20 years. That doesnít smell like a recipe for success, thatís a set up for failure.
    Last edited by justcallmetm; 09-21-2020 at 08:27 AM.
    ďTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.Ē
    ― Albert Einstein
    ďI will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.Ē
    ― Tamar Myers
    ďDon't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.Ē
    ― Michael Jordan

  3. #6528
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,333
    Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Itís one of those issues that fans and media is in denial. Dolan is hands off with the Rangers why is that ? I have my thoughts but wonít divulge into that.

    Itís why the team will continue being a bottom feeder team that will still suck, itís like a curse. Iíll stop kicking dirt on the team when they stop making stupid moves.

    The way the Knicks make moves is the way the Mets and Jets make moves. I hate the Jets with a passion they are just trash, Mets canít find legit hitting for a pitchers park and now they want to bring back Sandy Alderson the man who ****ed them up for years.

    9 gm/presidents in 20 years. That doesnít smell like a recipe for success, thatís a set up for failure.
    I think itís also bad hires. Rangers were competing for a while now, just couldnít take a chip. Still some good Hockey. Then followed by a great hire, and an amazing rebuild on the fly. Helped that they had older, but valuable assets. I get the feeling heís more personally interested in the Knicks, which is why he gets involved more. Hopefully this time, he gets out of the way

    I had season Rangers tickets for several years, dropped them once the renovations were complete and prices jacked up. But Iím excited, team is going to be loaded with talent

  4. #6529
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,830
    https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ticle-1.140626

    https://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/07/s...all-coach.html

    CAA with WWW has been with Dolan since Thomas took over, they have always had control of the Knicks. They are just incompetent. WWW is a Knicks fan and he canít even get it right, now Leon Rose will try but as the face.

    Spolestra and Riley is a CAA client, Phil Jackson, Doc Rivers, Magic is a CAA client. **** even a Brian Cashman from the Yankees is a CAA client.
    ďTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.Ē
    ― Albert Einstein
    ďI will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.Ē
    ― Tamar Myers
    ďDon't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.Ē
    ― Michael Jordan

  5. #6530
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,645
    But who is on the block right now that the Knicks could use:

    Kevin Love
    Hassan Whiteside
    DeMar DeRozan
    Andre Drummond
    LaMarcus Aldridge
    Paul Millsap
    Chris Paul
    Brandon Ingram
    Anthony Davis
    Montrezl Harrell
    Jrue Holiday (2021)
    Bradley Beal (2021)
    Blake Griffin (2021)
    Rudy Gobert (2021)
    Kawhi Leonard (2021)
    Paul George (2021)
    LeBron James (2021)
    Giannis Antetokounmpo (2021)
    Victor Oladipo (2021)

  6. #6531
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,965
    Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Thatís not allowed, he divested all portions of that side same as WWW doing that is illegal and can cost the team draft pick. Rose has to go through Paulís agent or go through back door channels with players to get that info. Thatís like insider trading are you kidding me. If that was the case you know how many other agents turned gm or president would do that.

    Rose is a nothing at the moment. Heís starting from scratch a Knicks fan who has a shot to fix this team. But that stuff with his past connections is being overblown. He lost that when he took the job, people said it you have more power as a AGENT than a FO person.
    Lol agents do this kind of stuff all the time, are you kidding me.

    Ps: hate to burst your bubble, but insider trading happens all the time too.

    Lmao at rose is nothing at the moment, and starting from scratch, you guys are naive.

  7. #6532
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,830
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Lol agents do this kind of stuff all the time, are you kidding me.

    Ps: hate to burst your bubble, but insider trading happens all the time too.

    Lmao at rose is nothing at the moment, and starting from scratch, you guys are naive.
    Read the articles and wake up, WWW has been involved with the Knicks for years. They havenít done ****, but if your young you donít know how far that relationship has gone.

    You want to comment, comment on those articles and see how they will make a difference

    Guarantee they wonít lmao...enjoy another losing season.
    ďTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.Ē
    ― Albert Einstein
    ďI will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.Ē
    ― Tamar Myers
    ďDon't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.Ē
    ― Michael Jordan

  8. #6533
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,965
    Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Read the articles and wake up, WWW has been involved with the Knicks for years. They havenít done ****, but if your young you donít know how far that relationship has gone.

    You want to comment, comment on those articles and see how they will make a difference

    Guarantee they wonít lmao...enjoy another losing season.
    They didnt work for the knicks though they worked for the players.

    Caa worked with all the teams in the league because they have all the talent. You have no choice but to work with caa.

  9. #6534
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,830
    https://www.caa.com/sportstalent/basketball

    CAA is known first for entertainment for actors always has been, they didnít expand there sports until 2006, and they just bought Kaufmanís sport agency to stay relevant.

    https://clutchpoints.com/every-clien...-lebron-james/

    Doesnít look like CAA is that powerful if Klutch has been coming in well clutch.

    Iím far from naive Iím letting you know times have changed, Rose left because his stable were old already and the young ones have major deals thereís nothing for him to do left. His power was diminishing as Klutch is grabbing up everyone. Klutch just signed all the Ballís also.
    Last edited by justcallmetm; 09-21-2020 at 01:49 PM.
    ďTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.Ē
    ― Albert Einstein
    ďI will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.Ē
    ― Tamar Myers
    ďDon't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.Ē
    ― Michael Jordan

  10. #6535
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,965
    Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    https://www.caa.com/sportstalent/basketball

    CAA is known first for entertainment for actors always has been, they didnít expand there sports until 2006, and they just bought Kaufmanís sport agency to stay relevant.

    https://clutchpoints.com/every-clien...-lebron-james/

    Doesnít look like CAA is that powerful if Klutch has been coming in well clutch.

    Iím far from naive Iím letting you know times have changed, Rose left because his stable were old already and the young ones have major deals thereís nothing for him to do left. His power was diminishing as Klutch is grabbing up everyone.
    Lol you have no idea what your talking about.

    Comparing klutch to caa Is like comparing a mom and pop pizza place to poppa John's.

    Caa is the largest entertainment and sports agency in the entire world. Klutch has done well for itself off the back off lebron.l, but they still dont even sniff the client list caa does.

    And Once bron is retired their client list will dwindle completely.

  11. #6536
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,830
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Lol you have no idea what your talking about.

    Comparing klutch to caa Is like comparing a mom and pop pizza place to poppa John's.

    Caa is the largest entertainment and sports agency in the entire world. Klutch has done well for itself off the back off lebron.l, but they still dont even sniff the client list caa does.

    And Once bron is retired their client list will dwindle completely.
    Stop fooling yourself, you just donít want to face the truth. Donít feel butt hurt that the dreams are a false hope with Rose and WWW.

    New generation donít care for CAA unless they looking for branding first, then they bounce soon after they get there branding and new contract. CAA bread and butter is actors, producers, directors, etc...I guess you didnít read that Kaufman sports agency was bought out to bring in there ceo to take over and there clients are more coaches than players.

    That was the ****ing list left for CAA basketball clients, most have left when Rose left, smh you need to get your head out your own *** bro, wake up. Klutch has more power now, they are making the moves needed to make power teams over CAA. Klutch is in style itís the new fad donít hate on it the younginís made this a thing.

    Klutch has nothing to do with just LeBron, this is just the way the new generation works. They donít care for the old established companies they want to create there own **** with there style.

    CAA is still dealing with the Harvey Weinstein bs since that a client of thereís, but I guess you knew that right. **** outta here...lmao
    ďTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.Ē
    ― Albert Einstein
    ďI will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.Ē
    ― Tamar Myers
    ďDon't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.Ē
    ― Michael Jordan

  12. #6537
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,965
    Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Stop fooling yourself, you just donít want to face the truth. Donít feel butt hurt that the dreams are a false hope with Rose and WWW.

    New generation donít care for CAA unless they looking for branding first, then they bounce soon after they get there branding and new contract. CAA bread and butter is actors, producers, directors, etc...I guess you didnít read that Kaufman sports agency was bought out to bring in there ceo to take over and there clients are more coaches than players.

    That was the ****ing list left for CAA basketball clients, most have left when Rose left, smh you need to get your head out your own *** bro, wake up. Klutch has more power now, they are making the moves needed to make power teams over CAA. Klutch is in style itís the new fad donít hate on it the younginís made this a thing.

    Klutch has nothing to do with just LeBron, this is just the way the new generation works. They donít care for the old established companies they want to create there own **** with there style.

    CAA is still dealing with the Harvey Weinstein bs since that a client of thereís, but I guess you knew that right. **** outta here...lmao
    Your literally just making stuff up.

    Caa is the largest most powerful sports agency and entertainment agency in the world.

    Caa doesnt just have the players. The have the coaches, the assistant coaches, they have all the guys you see talking on espn, they have the NFL, the mlb, they have the soccer stars, and they have all the top people in Hollywood, they have the musicians, and they own UFC.

    You comparing klutch and their handful of nba players to caa is straight up foolish.

  13. #6538
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,266
    Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Stop fooling yourself, you just donít want to face the truth. Donít feel butt hurt that the dreams are a false hope with Rose and WWW.

    New generation donít care for CAA unless they looking for branding first, then they bounce soon after they get there branding and new contract. CAA bread and butter is actors, producers, directors, etc...I guess you didnít read that Kaufman sports agency was bought out to bring in there ceo to take over and there clients are more coaches than players.

    That was the ****ing list left for CAA basketball clients, most have left when Rose left, smh you need to get your head out your own *** bro, wake up. Klutch has more power now, they are making the moves needed to make power teams over CAA. Klutch is in style itís the new fad donít hate on it the younginís made this a thing.

    Klutch has nothing to do with just LeBron, this is just the way the new generation works. They donít care for the old established companies they want to create there own **** with there style.

    CAA is still dealing with the Harvey Weinstein bs since that a client of thereís, but I guess you knew that right. **** outta here...lmao
    Zion Booker PG13 Embiid and Donavon are part of CAA I didn't know they were entertainment employees....

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  14. #6539
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,830
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Zion Booker PG13 Embiid and Donavon are part of CAA I didn't know they were entertainment employees....

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Selective reading, I left the link for whatís left of the basketball client list. Thatís all on you to not go up a few more post to look at the list of CAA client and Klutch clients

    And sports is considered entertainment last time I checked, but I donít expect most people to know that.😒
    ďTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.Ē
    ― Albert Einstein
    ďI will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.Ē
    ― Tamar Myers
    ďDon't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.Ē
    ― Michael Jordan

  15. #6540
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,408
    I think Randle/DSJ plus 27th/38th pick should be absolute max for CP3. Lose the late picks but you get a true leader in here who hates to lose and can help make our youth better for the next two years and it could payoff in the long run for their careers learning to play with that guy. Say what you will about him, heís a warrior.

    CP3-Vassell-RJ-Grant-Mitch
    Frank-Dot-Bullock-Knox-Taj

    Could be an over .500 playoff team this year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •