Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 435 of 495 FirstFirst ... 335385425433434435436437445485 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 7419
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    What does that trade accomplish exactly?

We are giving up trade assets and capspace for a 35 year old with a history of getting injured.
    Capspace for who? The Randles, Paytons and Wayne Ellingtons. Who are the trade assets ? You guys cannot stand Frank and Knox has been the worst player in the league for the past two years. Who is begging for Randle and Payton? We give up a 2nd but we have two firsts this year and next year. I am unsure what big assets we are giving up? CP3 would have made more impact on our younger players than all 6 players we signed in FA this past year. That being said CP3 does not want to come here anyway

What’s funny is this, if Rose came out and said we trying to win now. The reply would have been “same **** different FO”.

But this time we have a FO says nothing about what they going to do and then throw out there how much they like Paul and want him. I bet this came from Steve Stout who handles the branding portion and leaks it out “we believe Paul can speed up the culture and turnaround of the Knicks faster” and people eat that weak *** **** up. That a damn mind **** “you feel that they mind ****ing you”. What they are doing is no different than the past FO. Only difference if you word **** different people will buy into it. That’s called psychology, using different wording to make it seem like what they are doing is better than the last FO. They replaced “winning” for “culture” they never said anything about Paul helping develop or lead exactly.

**** please...you get Paul they going all in on winning period for the next 2 years. Changing culture started by bringing back Thibs who was part of the 90’s Knicks coaching staff, bringing back Woodson the last sucessful coach we had and another old school Knicks player. So now everyone will overlook that for we need Paul somehow.

I like Paul but I know where that rabbit hole goes. I didn’t drink the branding kool-aid, Stout is a hip hop head he knows how to mind **** people into buying garbage.
    Last edited by justcallmetm; 09-21-2020 at 01:05 AM.

We have never ever tanked, tanking means zero vets as starters and playing nothing but the young kids. No FO has ever done it in the last 20 years due to wanting to save face and there own job. That’s part due to well media and fans, not even Dolan which is overblown by this point.

Rangers have tanked to get high picks and rebuilt. Knicks never have period.

Steve Stoute is the gift that keeps on giving.

The OKC Thunder have a ridiculous number of extra First rounders from the Los Angeles Clippers (4) as well as the Houston Rockets (3).

If the Knicks trade for Chris Paul (and they're dumb enough to do it), they BETTER have at least 2 First rounders coming with him.

Paul's hamstring (that was the deciding factor Game 7 vs Warriors) is just a matter of time when it snaps and he's done for his career.

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    What’s funny is this, if Rose came out and said we trying to win now. The reply would have been “same **** different FO”.

But this time we have a FO says nothing about what they going to do and then throw out there how much they like Paul and want him. I bet this came from Steve Stout who handles the branding portion and leaks it out “we believe Paul can speed up the culture and turnaround of the Knicks faster” and people eat that weak *** **** up. That a damn mind **** “you feel that they mind ****ing you”. What they are doing is no different than the past FO. Only difference if you word **** different people will buy into it. That’s called psychology, using different wording to make it seem like what they are doing is better than the last FO. They replaced “winning” for “culture” they never said anything about Paul helping develop or lead exactly.

**** please...you get Paul they going all in on winning period for the next 2 years. Changing culture started by bringing back Thibs who was part of the 90’s Knicks coaching staff, bringing back Woodson the last sucessful coach we had and another old school Knicks player. So now everyone will overlook that for we need Paul somehow.

I like Paul but I know where that rabbit hole goes. I didn’t drink the branding kool-aid, Stout is a hip hop head he knows how to mind **** people into buying garbage.
    I love Paul and with two years on his contract it works for me. These guys would learn how to play the game, smart and tough. The reality is why would he want to come here, unless they plan on trying to win now. He wants to win and still has enough game to contribute to a team in the running for a chip. He would lose his mind here.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    I love Paul and with two years on his contract it works for me. These guys would learn how to play the game, smart and tough. The reality is why would he want to come here, unless they plan on trying to win now. He wants to win and still has enough game to contribute to a team in the running for a chip. He would lose his mind here.
    His contract is why he probably ends up here the cap is going down alot of teams are trying to shed contracts unless a team like pho wants him we are the only other team dumb enough to touch that contract

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    That’s the issue you can’t learn to play off the bench either. So when and why again are we getting a long term PG for ? Frank never got full blown burn, and even if he’s moved and we draft another PG wtf will he learn on playing 15-20 mpg that’s what they did to Frank. SGA is a PG but played off the ball because he had the height and ability to play off the ball to learn on the floor with Paul there’s a difference to that.

I just don’t buy the Paul thing as development at all. Getting Paul = using all our assets to win now for 2 years. Paul don’t want to lose, he hasn’t been in a losing situation in along time. We can’t keep using the weak east coast line either. OKC was already the same team all they did is just added 3 pieces Paul, SGA and Gallo the rest of the team was already there and established for over 2 years.

Paul here is a **** situation for him I don’t want to see the last 2 years wasted on a pathetic attempt to please him which will happen. Last thing we want is a disgruntled 40+ mil player.

Anyone bring up the rumor about us making a offer for 22 million dollar per for FVV?

That’s the issue you can’t learn to play off the bench either. So when and why again are we getting a long term PG for ? Frank never got full blown burn, and even if he’s moved and we draft another PG wtf will he learn on playing 15-20 mpg that’s what they did to Frank. SGA is a PG but played off the ball because he had the height and ability to play off the ball to learn on the floor with Paul there’s a difference to that.

I just don’t buy the Paul thing as development at all. Getting Paul = using all our assets to win now for 2 years. Paul don’t want to lose, he hasn’t been in a losing situation in along time. We can’t keep using the weak east coast line either. OKC was already the same team all they did is just added 3 pieces Paul, SGA and Gallo the rest of the team was already there and established for over 2 years.

Paul here is a **** situation for him I don’t want to see the last 2 years wasted on a pathetic attempt to please him which will happen. Last thing we want is a disgruntled 40+ mil player.
    Rose represented paul.

Rose can just call Paul and tell him his plan and ask if hes interested. It's not like we would trade for him and he wouldnt know what the plan is and would end up disgruntled.

This is why you bring in a guy like rose, he knows how to make all the deals behind the scenes.

And the only young guys we have that really should be on the court are frank, rj, and mitch. If they are still here after the off season they would get plenty of burn and development. So I really dont see why people are making the cp3 out to be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Rose represented paul.

Rose can just call Paul and tell him his plan and ask if hes interested. It's not like we would trade for him and he wouldnt know what the plan is and would end up disgruntled.

This is why you bring in a guy like rose, he knows how to make all the deals behind the scenes.

And the only young guys we have that really should be on the court are frank, rj, and mitch. If they are still here after the off season they would get plenty of burn and development. So I really dont see why people are making the cp3 out to be bad.
    That’s not allowed, he divested all portions of that side same as WWW doing that is illegal and can cost the team draft pick. Rose has to go through Paul’s agent or go through back door channels with players to get that info. That’s like insider trading are you kidding me. If that was the case you know how many other agents turned gm or president would do that.

Rose is a nothing at the moment. He’s starting from scratch a Knicks fan who has a shot to fix this team. But that stuff with his past connections is being overblown. He lost that when he took the job, people said it you have more power as a AGENT than a FO person.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Agreed rj is not a point guard, and isnt quick or fast enough to constantly have the ball in his hands.

That's why he like the rest of our young guys need a pg who knows when to give them the ball.

It's like when we got jason kidd, and all of a sudden melo and jr knew when and where to score from, and both became effecient scorers.

Than kidd left, and they went right back to just doing whatever they wanted, and sucked again.

Our young players need a real floor leader, thibs needs a floor leader to help teach these guys.
    Seriously. People act like RJ is going to be LeBron out there..

A decent secondary guy that can handle the ball a bit, and will get a few assists. He can’t run a team. And I don’t see him being good enough anytime soon to be someone to want dominating the ball

That’s not allowed, he divested all portions of that side same as WWW doing that is illegal and can cost the team draft pick. Rose has to go through Paul’s agent or go through back door channels with players to get that info. That’s like insider trading are you kidding me. If that was the case you know how many other agents turned gm or president would do that.

Rose is a nothing at the moment. He’s starting from scratch a Knicks fan who has a shot to fix this team. But that stuff with his past connections is being overblown. He lost that when he took the job, people said it you have more power as a AGENT than a FO person.
    You believe Rose wouldnt just speak to him personally? Like they aren’t close, and won’t still talk?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Steve Stoute is the gift that keeps on giving.

The OKC Thunder have a ridiculous number of extra First rounders from the Los Angeles Clippers (4) as well as the Houston Rockets (3).

If the Knicks trade for Chris Paul (and they're dumb enough to do it), they BETTER have at least 2 First rounders coming with him.

Paul's hamstring (that was the deciding factor Game 7 vs Warriors) is just a matter of time when it snaps and he's done for his career.
    Well that’s 10000% never happening, so I guess we shouldn’t get him

(We shouldn’t)

They still have zero need to deal him. Teams have no leverage
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-21-2020 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    What does that trade accomplish exactly?

We are giving up trade assets and capspace for a 35 year old with a history of getting injured.
    Is anyone giving you first round pick or better PG then cp3 for a package of Knox frank and Randle please I'm dying hear about it.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

We have never ever tanked, tanking means zero vets as starters and playing nothing but the young kids. No FO has ever done it in the last 20 years due to wanting to save face and there own job. That’s part due to well media and fans, not even Dolan which is overblown by this point.

Rangers have tanked to get high picks and rebuilt. Knicks never have period.
    I’d say we tanked when we ended up with the #3. There was obviously little regard for winning games. Last year was a “not on purpose tank”, which we ruined anyway.

But that’s why I’ve been in favor of moves to sign players that fill holes, and improve the team. There’s a 0% chance we ever fully commit to that kind of rebuild. It will never happen. The second it starts to bear fruit, we will make a deal for whatever semi-star might be available
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-21-2020 at 07:45 AM.