Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 418 of 488 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428468 ... LastLast
Results 6,256 to 6,270 of 7315
  1. #6256
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,736
    I am starting to get a bad feeling that we are going to do something stupid. I am reading Frank, Knox, Dallas 2021 pick 2nd from charlotte, Payton and Bobby Portis. In other words they get young prospects, cap relief and picks. If this is true the Knicks are dumbasses but what is new. At least you guys will keep Randle.
    Last edited by cssdmark; 09-16-2020 at 02:19 PM.

  2. #6257
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,475
    Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Now it’s being reported that it’s the expiring’s of Portis, Payton, Knox, Frank, 1st round (Dallas) and 2nd rd (hornets). These reporters are everywhere. Regardless they ain’t letting the Paul trade reports go for anything.
    At least we keep Randle!

  3. #6258
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,736
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    At least we keep Randle!
    Fuccck the Knicks

  4. #6259
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,276
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    We shouldn’t be forced to make the CP3 deal. I thank cap relief is all we should give OKC. If they don’t want it then we should walk away. I would even ask them to throw in a pick.

    I like CP3 and he’s always been one of my favorite point guards. But we shouldn’t have to over pay and we have other options. Connely is in a similar situation and I don’t think it will cost much to trade for him. Dragic is a free agent, he’s a veteran that plays the right way and he’s had success with younger teams. Vanvleet is another free agent that we can go after. Those guys well make less than half of what CP3 is making and won’t cost any picks. The only reason we considered CP3 was that we’d pretty much get him for free as a salary dump.
    OKC is rebuilding so I don't understand why anyone on this board believes they will cough up pick in return and let's wait till it happens to criticize the trade right now the trade keeps changing day by day you also have to remember Knicks decided not bring in a expert GM and they are dealing with one of the best in the market.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  5. #6260
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,475
    Here’s an idea: maybe we just shouldn’t trade for Paul

  6. #6261
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,959
    Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Now it’s being reported that it’s the expiring’s of Portis, Payton, Knox, Frank, 1st round (Dallas) and 2nd rd (hornets). These reporters are everywhere. Regardless they ain’t letting the Paul trade reports go for anything.
    You can tell these reports are fake because wouldn't we have to guarantee Portis and Payton's deals for next year in order to trade them? Why would OKC want Payton at $8M and Portis at $15M for next year? Makes no sense.

  7. #6262
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,397
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Here’s an idea: maybe we just shouldn’t trade for Paul
    That has been the right idea all along. I don’t want him even if they give him away for free

  8. #6263
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,846
    This is becoming the Paul **** show hosted by the Knicks FO brought to you by a lot of thirsty reporters. Lmao
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

  9. #6264
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    987
    I insist...

    CP3 is only worthwhile if the goal is to WIN NOW !!!

    And in that case the Knicks have to negotiate for another all-star disgruntled .

    Bradley Beal and Joel Embiid fit this profile.

  10. #6265
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    You can tell these reports are fake because wouldn't we have to guarantee Portis and Payton's deals for next year in order to trade them? Why would OKC want Payton at $8M and Portis at $15M for next year? Makes no sense.
    That’s the point of those deals, it would be to pick up there options to use them in a trade. Those team options deals are double useful, use in a trade and bird rights.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

  11. #6266
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    34,159
    I would not take Paul for much more than Randle + filler and do not want to give up prospects for him unless were getting Gallo in a S&T or some of their assets back, but I would take Paul and his salary back on this team. JKidd's corpse brought so much to this team even at age 40. I view Paul in the same light except he has way more game left than Kidd did. Also, watching what Jimmy Butler has done in Miami makes me think Paul could have a similar impact for us. Obviously Jimmy is better than Paul is now, and Miami was better than we are when they got him, but relatively speaking Paul could conceivably do the same for this young team.

  12. #6267
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,959
    Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    That’s the point of those deals, it would be to pick up there options to use them in a trade. Those team options deals are double useful, use in a trade and bird rights.
    Yes, if we were trying to match salaries. But we're not. And adding Payton and Portis to the deal doesn't even get within the 125% necessary to match the deals.

  13. #6268
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    4,207
    Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Now it’s being reported that it’s the expiring’s of Portis, Payton, Knox, Frank, 1st round (Dallas) and 2nd rd (hornets). These reporters are everywhere. Regardless they ain’t letting the Paul trade reports go for anything.
    This is what rose was brought here to do. He’s here to clean house and bring in big names. He’s not here for development. Yes they brought in a lot of development coaches. They’ll develop a couple of guys like RJ and whoever they draft. But he’s gonna use all the assets we have to bring in a couple of guys and then go after a big free agent next year.

    Sadly we should say good bye to our young players. This trade has Antonio Mcdyse written all over it.

  14. #6269
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,397
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I would not take Paul for much more than Randle + filler and do not want to give up prospects for him unless were getting Gallo in a S&T or some of their assets back, but I would take Paul and his salary back on this team. JKidd's corpse brought so much to this team even at age 40. I view Paul in the same light except he has way more game left than Kidd did. Also, watching what Jimmy Butler has done in Miami makes me think Paul could have a similar impact for us. Obviously Jimmy is better than Paul is now, and Miami was better than we are when they got him, but relatively speaking Paul could conceivably do the same for this young team.
    Member when a bunch of people here were saying Butler wasn’t a max guy? I do..

    I could care less what kind of team we have, I’d have taken him in a second

  15. #6270
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Yes, if we were trying to match salaries. But we're not. And adding Payton and Portis to the deal doesn't even get within the 125% necessary to match the deals.
    Portis 15, Payton 8, Frank is 7, Knox 6.5 it’s close enough if we have room.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •