Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 465 of 564 FirstFirst ... 365415455463464465466467475515 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,975 of 8451
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    Not an original idea but how about blake+7pick for randle+8pick+fillers(no young guys). What y'all think
    Nahhh. Randle, Knox and 27th pick for Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    How is cp3 not going to impact this team? Your talking about one of the best floor general in the game who can run offense perfectly for team full of inexperienced noobs.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Heís 35 and we arenít a piece away how do you not see the issue with that? A first round exit or two is the best case scenario

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody is arguing cp3 isnít a great player but in his prime with a better team win nothing. This year with a better team won nothing. Injuries arenít foreign to him and heís getting up there. Can we build a contender around him in a year? This is insane.

Dipo pre injury wouldíve made some sense but not now he hasnít looked right. Maybe if you can buy super low but even still heís more of a scorer than a shooter our spacing would still be trash. Pick two way players and grow a ****ing team. This organization is so inept it doesnít matter who is running it same **** different faces.

The Nash example is a great one.

Also for those buying into this idea of getting him for mentorship purposes, see Garnettís last stint with the Timberwolves.

There are cheaper ways to go about this. I say this with Chris Paul being one of my favorite players of the last 20 years.

New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

I wouldnít mind buying low on Dipo.

CP3 definitely has good years left and would be the best PG weíve had in decades. Even if weíre rebuilding, itís hard to pass on that. Iím a believer in his longevity due to his vegan diet which has apparently solved his injury issues and has boosted his performance.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post

CP3 definitely has good years left and would be the best PG weíve had in decades. Even if weíre rebuilding, itís hard to pass on that. Iím a believer in his longevity due to his vegan diet which has apparently solved his injury issues and has boosted his performance.
    Buying low on either would be fine but the Knicks seemingly never get the right end of a deal. The cp3 convo started with them attaching picks to move the contract and now itís Knox frank and picks for a fun player to watch. I love Paul but at his age heís not taking us anywhere Iíd rather continue to build youth and use assets to pursue the next disgruntled star in his prime via trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Strong disagree that Knox, #27, Randle and some filler is top dollar. It's like 5 cents on the dollar.
    You are assuming that is package. I say it is more than that. Frank, Knox, multiple picks including at least one first.

That's too much just to fool ourselves and sneak in as an 8th seed.

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Heís 35 and we arenít a piece away how do you not see the issue with that? A first round exit or two is the best case scenario

Nobody is saying get Cp3 and become championship team the reason I want cp3 is so Knicks players can understand what a stable offense is he can help the young players because he's a floor general we are not talking about melo or kd here. The past 7 years we have been watching headless chickens running around and jacking 3s without any rhythm or flow in the offense the last time Knicks played real basketball was when kidd was here.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Not when heís making 41/44M

He wonít be anywhere near as good here, when asked to do more, play more, and not have the luxury of 2 other very good starting caliber PGs alongside him. Itís going to be a disaster
    agreed, the contract matters. A year ago didn't Miami want assets to take that contract?

He had a great resurgent year and upped his value but we'd definitely be buying high giving up 2 assets for him. Once we get him, I have a feeling his value won't ever come close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post

He honestly wasnít all that much better than he was in Houston. Just took a bit less of a role, and shot more efficiently. Go look at the numbers. Highly overblown about his ďresurgenceĒ. Just found a good fit, stayed healthier, and lessened his load a bit, which Iím sure helped him make one more field goal a game, which is to account for his higher % from last year.

He hasnít been asked to fully carry/run an offense since leaving LA. His efficiency will drop big time here, asking him to be the only real playmaker again. Which makes his contract look all that much worse
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 10-08-2020 at 09:51 AM.

He honestly wasnít all that much better than he was in Houston. Just took a bit less of a role, and shot more efficiently. Go look at the numbers. Highly overblown about his ďresurgenceĒ. Just found a good fit, stayed healthier, and lessened his load a bit, which Iím sure helped him make one more field goal a game, which is to account for his higher % from last year.
    Even so he would turn the culture around in New York for the better

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Even so he would turn the culture around in New York for the better
    I donít buy that either. Overblown how great everyone thinks he is for teammates and ďcultureĒ. Throughout the years, always heard about teammates and opposition not liking him at all. I donít think that benefit will be anywhere near worth the cost for getting him, and his contract. Not for us

He makes sense for a win-now team. But they cant fit his deal in

I donít buy that either. Overblown how great everyone thinks he is for teammates and ďcultureĒ. Throughout the years, always heard about teammates and opposition not liking him at all. I donít think that benefit will be anywhere near worth the cost for getting him, and his contract. Not for us

He makes sense for a win-now team. But they cant fit his deal in
    Of course they could if they traded said assets to get him and he would be a great mentor for the young guys especially RJ...he would help elevate RJs game

There's also something else to consider in a CP trade.

We trade for CP and sign another old FA. We sneak in as an 8th playoff seed..

Suddenly instead of being in the lottery next year in a very strong draft, we are on the outside looking in on some very good prospects.

It just doesn't make any sense to me. We are a rebuilding team and need the best draft picks we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Of course they could if they traded said assets to get him and he would be a great mentor for the young guys especially RJ...he would help elevate RJs game
    Iíd say RJ has pretty good mentors already, in his father, and his godfather