Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 81 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2552
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Two late 1sts arenít that valuable and the players weíre giving up arenít worth anything. Iím not the biggest fan of Lauri, but heís worth getting for that package because of his upside and floor-spacing.
    Meh. Heís not even a great shooter. Not a good defender. Heís trending down. And getting paid soon. I donít hate him or anything, but you donít know what that DAL pick winds up to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Meh. Heís not even a great shooter. Not a good defender. Heís trending down. And getting paid soon. I donít hate him or anything, but you donít know what that DAL pick winds up to be.
    Heís a pretty damn good shooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Yeah like I said Iím not the biggest fan of him, but I wouldnít necessarily say heís trending down and heís a good shooter for a big. But youíre right that the Dallas pick is probably better than I initially thought considering they are picking 18th right now.

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Iíd do Randle, Knox, LAC 1st for Markkanen.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yeah like I said Iím not the biggest fan of him, but I wouldnít necessarily say heís trending down and heís a good shooter for a big. But youíre right that the Dallas pick is probably better than I initially thought considering they are picking 18th right now.
    Heís definitely trending down based on his injuries alone. Factor in his play as of late, and itís almost like he peaked as a rook/soph.

And the shooting numbers have been downright average. He was supposed to be a sharpshooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Heís definitely trending down based on his injuries alone. Factor in his play as of late, and itís almost like he peaked as a rook/soph.

And the shooting numbers have been downright average. He was supposed to be a sharpshooter.
    I think the Bulls are partially to blame for his performance. They are forcing their analytical approach onto their players (scoring inside and shooting 3s) and the results have been mixed.

They also wanted him to bulk up to play more center.

For someone attempting 6 threes a game, 35% from 3 is good for a big. He may become a better shooter over time as heís still young. For a former lottery pick who has had success in this league, heís not going to be just given away, but I wouldnít overpay for him either.

This

Iím not saying I hate the idea. But the fact we have prioritized getting picks, and keeping flexibility, and have chosen doing nothing over changing that, would make me wary of dealing a lot for Markaanen. Youíre then forced to extend and probably overpay to keep him, as youíre not going to let him walk

If itís a guy thatís max or close, I donít mind giving up a haul, as you know itís a keeper. Not saying the proposed amount is ďa haulĒ, but itís still picks
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-06-2020 at 06:38 AM.

How many big men shoot 85% at the FT line? he definitely has a great touch, he's the same age as Obi... he's not a finished product. he had a down year, good buy low candidate.

If people are wanting a young superstar without any question marks, the reality is that would cost Mitch, RJ, and a ton of picks.

This

Iím not saying I hate the idea. But the fact we have prioritized getting picks, and keeping flexibility, and have chosen doing nothing over changing that, would make me wary of dealing a lot for Markaanen. Youíre then forced to extend and probably overpay to keep him, as youíre not going to let him walk

If itís a guy thatís max or close, I donít mind giving up a haul, as you know itís a keeper. Not saying the proposed amount is ďa haulĒ, but itís still picks
    the chances of us getting a Lauri type talent with those DAL picks is just so incredibly low, we are more likely to end up with 2 Cleanthony Early type players.

Dont see Knicks trading two draft picks for non allstar they got no reason to give up assets unless it's for Allstar talent or next GM is just as stupid as Mills.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    How many big men shoot 85% at the FT line? he definitely has a great touch, he's the same age as Obi... he's not a finished product. he had a down year, good buy low candidate.

If people are wanting a young superstar without any question marks, the reality is that would cost Mitch, RJ, and a ton of picks.
    I'm not trying to be an ***, but I could care less what Lauri shoots from the FT line. He's not someone who's going to live from the line. And while I see the point that the FT shooting should translate into better outside shooting, it just hasn't as of late.

Not saying I wouldn't take a chance on him, but I'm not giving up anything of significant value.

Randle, Knox and Clips pick? Done.

Jerami Grant is also a guy who really intrigues me. Imagine having him and Mitchell on the same team, jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    maybe add the CHA 2nd rounder too. Really would love to go into next year with

Mitch
    Lauri
    RJ
    Frank
    Cole

realistic lineup.
    I don't want Frank starting. The Knicks would still need more shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I don't want Frank starting. The Knicks would still need more shooting.
    There is no lineup I want to see that has Frank starting. Not until he shows a lot more than what he has to this point. It will be a huge fail if we donít totally upgrade the backcourt

I'm not trying to be an ***, but I could care less what Lauri shoots from the FT line. He's not someone who's going to live from the line. And while I see the point that the FT shooting should translate into better outside shooting, it just hasn't as of late.

Not saying I wouldn't take a chance on him, but I'm not giving up anything of significant value.

Randle, Knox and Clips pick? Done.
    i say that to say I think he will eventually be better from 3. He still finding his game but if he does he has all star potential. he did shoot 42% in college also. It's not like he's a finished product.