Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 73 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2556
    Wood can also play the 4

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Mitch isnít getting paid yet. But sure, $30-40M on C, PF, and backup C.

Mitch and Wood can start together, then Mitch goes to the bench while Wood remains at C. If Randle is still here, he can come in and play PF next to Wood.

When Wood goes to the bench, Mitch can come back in and play C. Wood comes back in for Randle to close out the half/4th.

When Randle is gone, a stretch 4 off the bench (like Bertans) would be the perfect fit next to those 2. Flexibility is a good thing.

What would we have done if we kept KP?
    You'd pay 30 40 mill for a 5 and back up 5

Wood is not quick enough to cover 4s full time he's definitely a 5

Ive actually been watching mad highlights bkuz you kept bringing him up lol

Dudes actually not bad at all and he fits our team but at the 5 and not overpaying him

New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    I mean here is the real question do you spend less money on a 2 way 5 who doesn't clog the paint but he is nowhere close to mitch on defense

Or do you spend more hoping mitch hits his ceiling ???
    I really donít think it has to be an either or proposition. Mitch has two more years left making $3M total. Iíd rather secure Wood now and see how Mitch progresses next season. If he looks like the same player, heís not going to get a huge deal.

Mitch is the only good big we have at the moment. Taj, Portis, and Randle will not be here after next season. So even though we loaded up on the front-court like year, it didnít work because we brought in the wrong type of players.

But if I had to choose, I would pick Wood for his overall game and positional flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    You'd pay 30 40 mill for a 5 and back up 5

Wood is not quick enough to cover 4s full time he's definitely a 5

Ive actually been watching mad highlights bkuz you kept bringing him up lol

Dudes actually not bad at all and he fits our team but at the 5 and not overpaying him
    Not a full-time 4, like I said he could play the 5 when Mitch is on the bench. Wood is a slightly smaller, but even more athletic version of Mitch. He is definitely fast enough to guard 4s.

Wood lacks the ideal bulk for the 5 actually which is why he profiles better as a 4. But in the modern NBA he can definitely be a 5. The Rockets would absolutely love him.

Lmao Iím glad your jumping on the bandwagon somewhat!
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 03-31-2020 at 07:14 PM.

Not a full-time 4, like I said he could play the 5 when Mitch is on the bench. Wood is a slightly smaller, but even more athletic version of Mitch. He is definitely fast enough to guard 4s.

Wood lacks the ideal bulk for the 5 actually which is why he profiles better as a 4. But in the modern NBA he can definitely be a 5. The Rockets would absolutely love him.

Meh i wasn't really off it im just not paying a ridiculous price for anyone when our team has so many holes

Wood is more athletic than Mitch? What?!

Jesus. You have your favorites and you go all out on them. I guess I have to respect that.

Hmm. Mitchell Robinson is only 21, having averaged 9.7/7/2.3 during his second season. Pretty damn good for a guy who didn't start playing basketball till much later. and not even much ball either.

I don't doubt Christian Wood is on the verge of having a breakout season at age 24 (Frank haters should take note that it takes more than a couple seasons to break out). I just can't see this kid not ask for a long-term deal worth $20M/season especially since Philly (who drafted him) and Milwaukee dumped him so quickly.

Is this just a rumor? Can someone tell me why we would target Elton Brand as GM?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Wood is more athletic than Mitch? What?!

Jesus. You have your favorites and you go all out on them. I guess I have to respect that.
    Mitch is super athletic, but Wood is even more athletic. Thatís scary.

https://youtu.be/9-dDko_Cc5c?t=20 (dunked on Adams too)
    https://youtu.be/9Ezo4IxlVEs?t=76 (2 blocks on Embiid in this game too)

Mitch canít do this. Wood moves like heís 6í5Ē
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 04-01-2020 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Is this just a rumor? Can someone tell me why we would target Elton Brand as GM?
    Because it's the Knicks they are trying to reinvent the wheel

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Because it's the Knicks they are trying to reinvent the wheel

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    With what? A more flat tire? Bent rim?

Inherited a bunch of young stars/talent. Traded a bunch away to overpay Harris, overpay Horford, let Redick walk, let Butler walk?

Mitch is super athletic, but Wood is even more athletic. Thatís scary.

https://youtu.be/9-dDko_Cc5c?t=20 (dunked on Adams too)
    https://youtu.be/9Ezo4IxlVEs?t=76 (2 blocks on Embiid in this game too)

Mitch canít do this. Wood moves like heís 6í5Ē
    Bruh. Wood moves like a plodding 6í10 PF. Heís got some handle so it looks nice, but he absolutely does not move like a guard.

And what in these videos suggests he is more athletic than Mitch? I mean weíve seen Mitch catch alley oops, put back dunks, and block 3 point shots that very few players in the sport could do, especially at his height.

Are you Woodís agent or something. Iím just very confused.

Bruh. Wood moves like a plodding 6í10 PF. Heís got some handle so it looks nice, but he absolutely does not move like a guard.

And what in these videos suggests he is more athletic than Mitch? I mean weíve seen Mitch catch alley oops, put back dunks, and block 3 point shots that very few players in the sport could do, especially at his height.

Comparing him to Mitch is pointless. Theyíre not really similar players at all.

But if you canít look at this and see the shooting form from distance, and the ability to put it on the floor and attack... I mean Mitch canít do either of those things at all.

Mitch is my favorite Knick and our best prospect imo. Iím pointing this stuff out moreso to say Wood can likely play the 4 next to Mitch. And definitely compliment him better than Randle. Wood makes quick decisions and isnít a ball stopper. Randle is the opposite and does nothing for spacing.

And considering Mitch can easily guard 4s in this league as well as 5s, I donít get the hesitancy to try to bring Wood here. I think you add him, Beasley or Hield and one of these PGs from the draft and weíre suddenly a much improved team.

https://youtu.be/sOYZy3Gmhv4?t=200

You canít look at that play and say heís doesnít move like some 6í5Ē dudes do. Youíre gonna say he moves like Bobby Portis (whoís the same height) instead? Woodís athleticism is absolutely off-the- charts.

His ability to shoot and dribble from the perimeter and on fast breaks so fluidity makes him a better overall athlete. Wood and Mitch basically have the same body, Mitch is just 2 inches taller.

Iím not Woodís agent, but I think heís gonna be the best FA in this draft class (that actually makes it to FA) who can be had for the best value due to his lack of NBA time and sample size. He has the goods.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Comparing him to Mitch is pointless. Theyíre not really similar players at all.

But if you canít look at this and see the shooting form from distance, and the ability to put it on the floor and attack... I mean Mitch canít do either of those things at all.

Mitch is my favorite Knick and our best prospect imo. Iím pointing this stuff out moreso to say Wood can likely play the 4 next to Mitch. And definitely compliment him better than Randle. Wood makes quick decisions and isnít a ball stopper. Randle is the opposite and does nothing for spacing.

And considering Mitch can easily guard 4s in this league as well as 5s, I donít get the hesitancy to try to bring Wood here. I think you add him, Beasley or Hield and one of these PGs from the draft and weíre suddenly a much improved team.
    Yup 100% agreed. Woodís shooting talent is really being underrated here too. Heís a tremendous fit next to Mitch. Our defense would be so much better with those two guys and weíd finally have spacing.