Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 175 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast
    RJ is not going to be anything like Harden stop smoking cheap ganja my friend RJ has physical toughness but he's not super athlete he can't elude anyone with ball handling skills or blow past them to the hoop I mean I remember watching a 40 year old rubio outrun RJ on fastbreak that was sad to watch and it's the reality. He's also never going to be like Melo again he just doesn't have go to moves like Melo iso nor does he have ball handling skills like harden. His lack of range ft shooting is a concern for someone you want to make core piece on this team.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    RJ is not going to be anything like Harden stop smoking cheap ganja my friend RJ has physical toughness but he's not super athlete he can't elude anyone with ball handling skills or blow past them to the hoop I mean I remember watching a 40 year old rubio outrun RJ on fastbreak that was sad to watch and it's the reality. He's also never going to be like Melo again he just doesn't have go to moves like Melo iso nor does he have ball handling skills like harden. His lack of range ft shooting is a concern for someone you want to make core piece on this team.

I agree rj is nothing like harden but he is pretty athletic and to me especially if we get thibs i can see him as jimmy butler

1 person id be tempted to trade rj for is devin booker

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    1 person id be tempted to trade rj for is devin booker
    You wish they would take RJ for Booker unfortunately not every team is dumb like Knicks trading there golden ticket for cap space and dsjr

Give me Halliburton or Ball with that same crew and I'm all in.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    You wish they would take RJ for Booker unfortunately not every team is dumb like Knicks trading there golden ticket for cap space and dsjr

Obviously it would have to include more not just rj but if booker is unhappy i don't see why not

Beasely should absolutely be the #1 target, even if he's $25m. He's a great shooter and we badly need backcourt help. Even if we draft a PG, Beasely can still play SG and RJ at SF. or at worst he can be a deadly scorer/shooter off the bench and 6MOTY. Beasely would be like getting another top 5 pick, he's 1 year older then Obi who some on here are pretty high on.

if there's a concern for me with Beasely is he doesn't get to the line much at all, but shooters like Klay & CJ have made great careers without getting to the line much either.
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 03-21-2020 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Deni could be the answer at PF, but his shot may not develop for a while.

I keep looking at Lewis JR and thinking he could end up being one of the best players in this draft.

Would love to get Lewis, Nico or Nesmith with the Clippers pick or moving up a bit to grab one, or even Tre Jones.

Halisbutrton is going to be good, I'd be fine with him as well. I've very intrigued at Hali/Frank/RJ at the wings. You have 3 big guards who can all handle the ball, defend multiple positions, and interchangeable on d. Any of them can guard PG's, SG's SF's, and Frank can even guard some PF's. that's the kind of versatility we need. You add a sharpshooter at PF along with Mitch and that's an intriguing 5.

Beasely should absolutely be the #1 target, even if he's $25m. He's a great shooter and we badly need backcourt help. Even if we draft a PG, Beasely can still play SG and RJ at SF. or at worst he can be a deadly scorer/shooter off the bench and 6MOTY. Beasely would be like getting another top 5 pick, he's 1 year older then Obi who some on here are pretty high on.

if there's a concern for me with Beasely is he doesn't get to the line much at all, but shooters like Klay & CJ have made great careers without getting to the line much either.
    You don't go crazy and give him 25m though, remember Lou Williams who has a much better , larger resume and career got 7m and that is who he reminds me of.

sadly because he's a RFA and its a weak FA, he's going to fetch around 15-20m somewhere in that area in my opinion which Minny with Towns and Dlo will be hard pressed to match with Culver on a Rookie contract, Okogie getting 2.5 for three years and Nowell getting 1.5m for 4 years, so they would most likely do a S&T.

Iím definitely not in at 25 per..

But we have been in agreement all along. Heís perfect, fits our needs, and our timeline. Iíd feel good at 4/80 or so. Maybe a bit more, with a front loaded scale

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    You don't go crazy and give him 25m though, remember Lou Williams who has a much better , larger resume and career got 7m and that is who he reminds me of.

sadly because he's a RFA and its a weak FA, he's going to fetch around 15-20m somewhere in that area in my opinion which Minny with Towns and Dlo will be hard pressed to match with Culver on a Rookie contract, Okogie getting 2.5 for three years and Nowell getting 1.5m for 4 years, so they would most likely do a S&T.
    Lou will took $8m b/c he wanted to stay in LA.

he's not the shooter that Beasely is either.

that being said, if Lou Will was 23 with a 109m cap he could certainly fetch a whole lot more then $8m per.

$15m would be a bargain for him, he's better then the crop of SG's that got 16-20m a few years ago under a lower cap. DEN paid Harris $21m per year, otherwise I'm sure they would have tried to keep Beasely, but they could only offer him $10m so obviously he didn't take it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Iím definitely not in at 25 per..

But we have been in agreement all along. Heís perfect, fits our needs, and our timeline. Iíd feel good at 4/80 or so. Maybe a bit more, with a front loaded scale
    he's better and significantly younger then Brogdon, why would he get less? I mean maybe because his resume isn't 100% proven i could see it happening, but if you believe in him I think you gotta at least offer a Brogdon contract.

he's better and significantly younger then Brogdon, why would he get less? I mean maybe because his resume isn't 100% proven i could see it happening, but if you believe in him I think you gotta at least offer a Brogdon contract.
    Theres also the lack of competition to take into account. Every offseason is different. Deals for other players, from other years donít necessarily set the market. If so, Brogdon would get more, most likely. But that is about what Brogdon got anyway. More than that basically makes it a bad deal unless heís at least a borderline all-star

New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

Yeah I would offer 4/85 in a heartbeat. We need an athletic shooter like him in the worst way.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yeah I would offer 4/85 in a heartbeat. We need an athletic shooter like him in the worst way.
    Thatís fine. But 4/85 is different than 4/100 or more