Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 429 of 484 FirstFirst ... 329379419427428429430431439479 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,435 of 7260
    Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    We currently have the power to facilitate a trade of any NBA player for any NBA player...

All the salary cap 125% restrictions almost every team deal's with...

We can solve the problem...

"You want to keep your best players? Want to get gold for junk? Give us a call..."

"We charge a pick or 2 and/or a young talented player or 2 for our services...."

"Enjoy your newly designed teams, while we continue to build ours...."

None of that works until the new season, you also have to renounce all your players first to get the cap space back, also it means it was a waste of time to sign anyone to 2 year deals just to have a cap hold. Before the new season you can make trade agreement using the players currently on the roster even with cap holds.

Ex. Portis has a 15mil option, but he can be declined and resigned at a lower value and used in a sign and trade all before the new season turns over. Iíve been reading the CBA and seeing how those things work.
    ďTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.Ē
    ― Albert Einstein
    ďI will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.Ē
    ― Tamar Myers
    ďDon't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.Ē
    ― Michael Jordan

The Knicks continue to alienate young players and then wonder how and why this org has the reputation that it does. To use a 21 yr old kid, that has shown you he can do everything on the court at a position of need, but needs consistency, in a trade for a high priced PG that will clearly help but isn't "the answer", is bananas to me. What rebuilding team makes a move like this, at this cost? Imo, Knicks would be suckers to take this deal. We're supposed to use all this extra cap to ACQUIRE assets not the opposite.

This seems like a ploy to put pressure on the Jazz to move off of their pick, for Conley. At least I hope it is. Even if it is a ploy, the relationship between Knox and the Knicks has been weakened over the last 6 months. Knox can join, KP, Melo, THjr, Trier, DSjr, Randle, and others, that won't have a positive impression of this org.
    Last edited by Bivory; 09-18-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    The Knicks continue to alienate young players and then wonder how and why this org has the reputation that it does. To use a 21 yr old kid, that has shown you he can do everything on the court at a position of need, but needs consistency, in a trade for a high priced PG that will clearly help but isn't "the answer", is bananas to me. What rebuilding team makes a move like this, at this cost?

This seems like a ploy to put pressure on the Jazz to move off of their pick, for Conley. At least I hope it is. Even if it is a ploy, the relationship between Knox and the Knicks has been weakened over the last 6 months. Knox can join, KP, Melo, THjr, Trier, DSjr, Randle, and others, that won't have very positive impression of this org.
    Iím at a point that the new FO is trying to win now like all prior ones. They bringing in CAA people and we had that already back in 2013, it didnít win ****. It was a 2 year run that left the team in shambles with no room.

Then we have media writing up absolute garbage that wonít help build the Knicks but an attempt to make them playoff team at what cost and how many years.

The fans who eat that garbage sucks, those fans are the ones who make this **** so damn difficult to complain and rant like little *****es to get rid of x y and z. Yet those are the same ones who wanted that ****.

We get Paul and FVV thatís 2 year and 65 mil locked up on 2 midgets 1 on his downside eventually and another who canít even get into the paint and isnít even worth the money tossed to him. What makes it funnier these fans not ****ing realizing that your ****ing capped out for 21-22 for any FA these stupid ****s for what a measly 2 year hope **** outta here. Itís like dealing with noobs
    ďTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.Ē
    ― Albert Einstein
    ďI will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.Ē
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Iím at a point that the new FO is trying to win now like all prior ones. They bringing in CAA people and we had that already back in 2013, it didnít win ****. It was a 2 year run that left the team in shambles with no room.

Then we have media writing up absolute garbage that wonít help build the Knicks but an attempt to make them playoff team at what cost and how many years.

The fans who eat that garbage sucks, those fans are the ones who make this **** so damn difficult to complain and rant like little *****es to get rid of x y and z. Yet those are the same ones who wanted that ****.

We get Paul and FVV thatís 2 year and 65 mil locked up on 2 midgets 1 on his downside eventually and another who canít even get into the paint and isnít even worth the money tossed to him. What makes it funnier these fans not ****ing realizing that your ****ing capped out for 21-22 for any FA these stupid ****s for what a measly 2 year hope **** outta here. Itís like dealing with noobs
    The good news is they haven't done anything yet. This could all be smoke which would be a sign of good management hiding what they're doing by saying they're gonna do everything. But lets read between the lines. Would it make sense to go get a dev coaching staff, one with history with Knox, then trade him and other youth to go after vets? It would be a very discombobulated plan.

If we're drafting a PG, I could see letting one of the guards go but other than that, why should we give up on anyone? We never know who may surprise you. We're giving up on that possibility if we do something like this.

The good news is they haven't done anything yet. This could all be smoke which would be a sign of good management hiding what they're doing by saying they're gonna do everything. But lets read between the lines. Would it make sense to go get a dev coaching staff, one with history with Knox, then trade him and other youth to go after vets? It would be a very discombobulated plan.

If we're drafting a PG, I could see letting one of the guards go but other than that, why should we give up on anyone? We never know who may surprise you. We're giving up on that possibility if we do something like this.
    Iíd like to hope thats true, that some of these ridiculous trades are totally made up. But then I see stuff like Houston trading 2 firsts and 2 swaps to flip Paul for Westbrook, or any one of a long list of completely baffling trades we have made.

Fingers crossed though

Oh I understand, itís hard to give up Knox if you can fix him with (Payne) Randle Iím not crazy about, but Frank can be developed more by (Bryant) same goes for RJ.

Iíve always had my head set on Cole no matter what, but if you give me a choice between a extra high pick or Oubre Iíll take Oubre any day of the week. Heís already 3 years in the league and 2 years older than some coming out now. His game is still growing and can be pushed more by (Payne and Bryant) but you know what your getting, we can draft Vassell but how long before ROI, will that help get us another major FA later on or as early as 21-22. I donít want 2 high pick to wait on that ROI.

No knock on Vassell at all I like his game, I see safer option with Oubre which Vassell is compared to.

People are just now realizing why I was so high on Cole, but still donít get the idea on why I would push for Woods and Rose in some form of trade. They donít want Rose thatís fine but I see his value and what he can bring to the team off the bench and progression for someone like Cole to help break down of the intricacy of Thibs system.

Cole/Rose/
    RJ/Frank/
    Oubre/Melo/
    Gallo/Woods/
    Mitch/Taj

I did the trade machine bs. Bringing in Woods/Rose and Oubre is something like a +18 in wins and still have some 20+ in cap room to bring in someone like Gallo and Melo. Using Randle,DJ, Portis and Knox as trade pieces Randle and DJ to Detroit the other 2 going to the Suns swapping first with the Suns.

Paul and FVV will bring +33 but +18 is just Paul for 2 years. Rose, Woods, Oubre, Gallo and Melo brings +42 ✌️
    Last edited by justcallmetm; 09-18-2020 at 11:08 AM.
    ― Albert Einstein
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

Actually the Knicks if they draft a big man then you can easily draft Onyeka Okongwu and have him play the 4 (PF) even though he is a 5...then if you have Mitch at the 5 defensively you have that much needed size...trade Randle, Knox and other assets for a 2 (SG)...RJ is at the 3 and you draft a PG too

PG- ????
    SG- via trade
    SF- RJ
    PF- Okongwu
    C- Mitch

Knicks then would look somewhat decent and legit

8. 09-18-2020, 11:49 AM
    Reason
    Duplicate post

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Actually the Knicks if they draft a big man then you can easily draft Onyeka Okongwu and have him play the 4 (PF) even though he is a 5...then if you have Mitch at the 5 defensively you have that much needed size...trade Randle, Knox and other assets for a 2 (SG)...RJ is at the 3 and you draft a PG too

PG- ????
    SG- via trade
    SF- RJ
    PF- Okongwu
    C- Mitch

Knicks then would look somewhat decent and legit
    Does he have shooting and dribbling skills, if not he seems redundant with Mitch, rim runner, put backs, rebounds and defense which I like but where is the floor spacing.

Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    Btw... CP3 to Pho probably also helps us with next year's Dal pick....

Pho could be the better team with Point God leading them

Win, win win all the way around
    Lol no
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

We need 3 elite shooters around Mitch/RJ. I think Rj will be a better shooter this year but we still need a guy that can shoot at PG SG and PF
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    We need 3 elite shooters around Mitch/RJ. I think Rj will be a better shooter this year but we still need a guy that can shoot at PG SG and PF
    Need a primary distributor, and at least 2 legit shooters

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Need a primary distributor, and at least 2 legit shooters
    Well hopefully the PG can pass and shoot. Most good teams have 3 guys that can shoot. Ideally 5 but thatís obviously very tough. Maybe Mitch can become a guy that is at least a threat wide open
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Well hopefully the PG can pass and shoot. Most good teams have 3 guys that can shoot. Ideally 5 but thatís obviously very tough. Maybe Mitch can become a guy that is at least a threat wide open
    Was only saying realistically what we could maybe do. Iíd take that for now, at least have a somewhat efficient unit out there

Gary Harris is trash i can't believe I wanted to trade for him

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Gary Harris is trash i can't believe I wanted to trade for him
    I never liked him, been calling him overrated on here for years