Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 427 of 487 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437477 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 7297
  1. #6391
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,670
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    To be honest, at this point, if we wind up heading in the right direction without doing something too stupid, Iíll take it. I mean we all BS here about preferences, but letís at least do stuff that makes sense. I can live with that

    Sign or trade for guys that fit, donít give up the house. And draft a damn guard
    Yeah for example if we did 8 for 10 and oubre
    Traded Knox Randle and a 2nd for Paul
    Signed Beasley
    Drafted cole at 10
    Dotson back
    Trade up from 27 for poku

    Paul/Cole (25 mins both guard positions )
    Fvv or Beasley/Frank
    RJ/Dotson
    Oubre/iggy
    Mitch/Poku

    Young up and coming good leadership from Paul if RJ takes a nice step we have a shot at maybe the 6 seed. Iíd sign up for something like that. ESP if weíre dead set on Paul. It also doesnít have to be cole at 10 it could be vassell or Lewis or whoever we prefer
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  2. #6392
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,360
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Yeah for example if we did 8 for 10 and oubre
    Traded Knox Randle and a 2nd for Paul
    Signed Beasley
    Drafted cole at 10
    Dotson back
    Trade up from 27 for poku

    Paul/Cole (25 mins both guard positions )
    Fvv or Beasley/Frank
    RJ/Dotson
    Oubre/iggy
    Mitch/Poku

    Young up and coming good leadership from Paul if RJ takes a nice step we have a shot at maybe the 6 seed. Iíd sign up for something like that. ESP if weíre dead set on Paul. It also doesnít have to be cole at 10 it could be vassell or Lewis or whoever we prefer
    The one part of that, thatís unlikely is the FVV/Beasley part. Iíd feel a lot better about anything if we could actually put a legit backcourt out there

    I also really donít want to mess with the 8. Just stay put, and draft right.

  3. #6393
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,531
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    why would the thunder take on Bledsoeís contract. And second it says they are unlikely to pursue fool. Get a grip
    Your lucky that article came out today lol

  4. #6394
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,531
    OK so imo unless a dark horse team like the pistons emerge it's between us and the suns for cp3

  5. #6395
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    4,207
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Yeah Iím sure they donít wanna take 3 year deals back when Paulís is 2 years. They probably prefer exprings which makes the deal tough for a contender. Maybe Miami loses here and thinks heís the final piece we donít know but as of now the Knicks are in the drivers seat if they want him. I canít see many teams throwing young talent or picks towards an old guy like Paul on a 2 year big deal
    Like someone here mentioned, the CP3 deal depends on what OKC is seeking. If they want to get rid of his contract then theyíll ask for less assets, but if the goal is to maximize the return then theyíll ask for picks/young players.

    I agree with what you said. Teams arenít exactly lining up to trade for him. His $45m salary is difficult for teams to match without including longterm contracts.

    For us to trade for him it only makes sense if we get him really cheap. I mean the whole reason weíre talking about him is because of his success/leadership with the young OKC. Why would we want him if weíre going to trade away the young players that we want him to help??? This isnít like the melo trade, weíre not desperate to get him.

    If the asking price isnít what we like then we should walk away. We have options, we can sign fvv for half the price without giving anything up, we can trade for connely. We have the assets to trade for pretty much anybody. The only reason we started talking about CP3 was because we thought his price was low, if we canít get him cheap then we should simply walk away.

  6. #6396
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,531
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    Like someone here mentioned, the CP3 deal depends on what OKC is seeking. If they want to get rid of his contract then theyíll ask for less assets, but if the goal is to maximize the return then theyíll ask for picks/young players.

    I agree with what you said. Teams arenít exactly lining up to trade for him. His $45m salary is difficult for teams to match without including longterm contracts.

    For us to trade for him it only makes sense if we get him really cheap. I mean the whole reason weíre talking about him is because of his success/leadership with the young OKC. Why would we want him if weíre going to trade away the young players that we want him to help??? This isnít like the melo trade, weíre not desperate to get him.

    If the asking price isnít what we like then we should walk away. We have options, we can sign fvv for half the price without giving anything up, we can trade for connely. We have the assets to trade for pretty much anybody. The only reason we started talking about CP3 was because we thought his price was low, if we canít get him cheap then we should simply walk away.
    While I totally agree that's just your perspective

    It all depends on how bad rose wants cp3

    Does dolan want to win now at any cost and how do they view our young assets

  7. #6397
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,735
    Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    Of course CP3 is what we need and the perfect fit. I was posting CP3 trade proposals waaaay before it got popular. I remember back when most of this forum was blasting going for CP3, that's why I can't take a lot of yall serious. OKC will make us bet against ourselves and give up waay too much for CP3, then most yall will be calling it the worst trade ever come draft time next year.
    If you were CP3 would you want to come to the Knicks or compete for a ring?
    If your CP3 you do not want to come here unless others moves are being made. Milwaukee, Phoenix the Clippers possibly Miami. Like someone said depending what OKC wants will determine where Paul will go. Hopefully this FO will not outbid itself or try to outbid anyone else. You have to know when to hold them and when to fold them, when to walk away and when to run. You get the picture.

  8. #6398
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    42
    I love Westbrook and I'm opposed to him coming here. But if you think about it. Thibs best team had Drose running the Point. Somebody with a similar playing style. If and that is a big if the prize is right. I wouldn't be opposed to it. But we would need shooters after that at SG and PF.

  9. #6399
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,531
    Bam gives me hope for what mitch may become

  10. #6400
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,449
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Bam gives me hope for what mitch may become
    Yeah I believe the (max) deal for Mitch on the table this year is 4 years/60 mil? But considering heís getting less than 5 mil this season, you could look at it as signing him early this season is basically a 5 year, 65 mil deal, which is 13 mil a year. That doesnít seem unreasonable for Mitch to me.

    If we do NOT sign him to that, and suddenly heís all defensive first or second team next season, which is not impossible, that number his agent demands could be substantially higher. Will be interesting to see what we do with him contract/signing wise

  11. #6401
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    653
    I've mentioned before, but I like when we are the money dump team...

    What if the crazy Oubre rumors and the "Knicks preparing offer for Paul" have substance in a way not being recognized...

    We're the facilitator for CP3 to Pho...

    https://tradenba.com/trades/64LgqKsFW

    Pho acquires CP3

    Thunder get Randle (1 x $19M) and Clips 27th pick

    Knicks take on Rubio (2 x $17M), acquire Oubre + Pho #10 pick

    Basically for a more expensive better passing, better defense version of what we had in Payton last year, we can have a look at Oubre in NY & a 17 pick upgrade...

    That's more realistic then the initial Oubre rumors, makes sense if its to add CP to that young Pho team...

    Paul
    Booker
    Bridges
    Cam
    Ayton

    is potentially a very good squad...

    Gives OKC cap relief via an expiring (set up for FA next year) + a 1st round pick for a 35yo not in their new timeline...

  12. #6402
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,670
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Your lucky that article came out today lol

    Oh yeah Iím lucky common sense is a thing
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  13. #6403
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    653
    2 years of Rubio is not the worst thing in the world imo if it gets us #10 for #27 swap + Oubre

    He actually has his 3 point shooting up to 36%...

    Serviceable salary to be "dumped" on us...
    Last edited by NYK2RIP; 09-17-2020 at 10:53 PM.

  14. #6404
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,531
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Yeah I believe the (max) deal for Mitch on the table this year is 4 years/60 mil? But considering heís getting less than 5 mil this season, you could look at it as signing him early this season is basically a 5 year, 65 mil deal, which is 13 mil a year. That doesnít seem unreasonable for Mitch to me.

    If we do NOT sign him to that, and suddenly heís all defensive first or second team next season, which is not impossible, that number his agent demands could be substantially higher. Will be interesting to see what we do with him contract/signing wise
    I wouldn't jump the gun on extending mitch until we see what he can as a starter

  15. #6405
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    I've mentioned before, but I like when we are the money dump team...

    What if the crazy Oubre rumors and the "Knicks preparing offer for Paul" have substance in a way not being recognized...

    We're the facilitator for CP3 to Pho...

    https://tradenba.com/trades/64LgqKsFW

    Pho acquires CP3

    Thunder get Randle (1 x $19M) and Clips 27th pick

    Knicks take on Rubio (2 x $17M), acquire Oubre + Pho #10 pick

    Basically for a more expensive better passing, better defense version of what we had in Payton last year, we can have a look at Oubre in NY & a 17 pick upgrade...

    That's more realistic then the initial Oubre rumors, makes sense if its to add CP to that young Pho team...

    Paul
    Booker
    Bridges
    Cam
    Ayton

    is potentially a very good squad...

    Gives OKC cap relief via an expiring (set up for FA next year) + a 1st round pick for a 35yo not in their new timeline...
    Now this is very interesting. I think the Thunder would want a little bit more (Knox or Frank, and maybe a 2nd), but I'd still be down to do it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •