Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 419 of 488 FirstFirst ... 319369409417418419420421429469 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,285 of 7308
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Here’s an idea: maybe we just shouldn’t trade for Paul
    I agree with this 100%. But rose is a former player agent and he wants to please his former clients.

The Knicks are the laughing stock of the league for a reason. We turned down a cp3 + draft deal last year and we’re going to trade a bunch of assets for him this year. Only the Knicks are dumb enough to do something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Here’s an idea: maybe we just shouldn’t trade for Paul
    👍👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Portis 15, Payton 8, Frank is 7, Knox 6.5 it’s close enough if we have room.
    That's the point. We're under the cap. We don't need to match salaries for a trade. So for that trade to make sense, that would mean OKC would WANT Portis at $15M and Payton at $8M, when they could probably get them for less in FA once we decline their options.

The proposed trade just seems like someone who wanted to make it look like a real trade by matching salaries on the NBA trade machine, but has no idea how a trade actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I would not take Paul for much more than Randle + filler and do not want to give up prospects for him unless were getting Gallo in a S&T or some of their assets back, but I would take Paul and his salary back on this team. JKidd's corpse brought so much to this team even at age 40. I view Paul in the same light except he has way more game left than Kidd did. Also, watching what Jimmy Butler has done in Miami makes me think Paul could have a similar impact for us. Obviously Jimmy is better than Paul is now, and Miami was better than we are when they got him, but relatively speaking Paul could conceivably do the same for this young team.
    I agree, Paul can have a similar impact on this team. He proved that in OKC. But I don’t wanna give up that much. That’s absolutely ridiculous. We would be sacrificing our cap space and giving up assets as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    I agree with this 100%. But rose is a former player agent and he wants to please his former clients.

The Knicks are the laughing stock of the league for a reason. We turned down a cp3 + draft deal last year and we’re going to trade a bunch of assets for him this year. Only the Knicks are dumb enough to do something like that.
    It was right to turn it down then, if that’s even true. And it still is right to turn it down now

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I would not take Paul for much more than Randle + filler and do not want to give up prospects for him unless were getting Gallo in a S&T or some of their assets back, but I would take Paul and his salary back on this team. JKidd's corpse brought so much to this team even at age 40. I view Paul in the same light except he has way more game left than Kidd did. Also, watching what Jimmy Butler has done in Miami makes me think Paul could have a similar impact for us. Obviously Jimmy is better than Paul is now, and Miami was better than we are when they got him, but relatively speaking Paul could conceivably do the same for this young team.
    He could have a big impact, he could also fall off a cliff.

But like you said anything more than Randle & filler should be off the table aside from maybe Knox if we had to.

I dont want to do it but at the end of the day if cp3 is here it would definitely make for some good basketball and i can get into it as long as Knox is the most we give up.

The three options with CP3:

1º Select the best shooter available in the draft and sign a high value PF.

CP3
    pick8 (Vassell)
    Barrett
    FA (Gallo, Morris, Bertans or Wood)
    Mitch

2º Trade whatever is needed (less Barrett and Mitch) for BRADLEY BEAL

CP3
    Beal
    Barrett
    FA (Melo, maybe Grant)
    Mitch

3º Put Mitch in the trade and get JOEL EMBIID and then look for a 3pts shooter SG.

CP3
    FA (Harris or Beasly)
    Barrett
    FA (Melo)
    Embiid

If we traded for cp3, that would just be the first of multiple moves.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    If we traded for cp3, that would just be the first of multiple moves.
    It's so unbelievably dumb and short sighted that I think we would do it

That latest CP rumor is even worse than what I thought the deal would be. It just doesn't make sense even if the Knicks are desperate.

Yeah that rumored deal is a joke. I probably like CP3 more than anybody in this forum, but I'm not doing that. We would continue to be trashed nationally if we make a deal like that. Being that noise has come out about the deal, hopefully it won't happen. Rarely do you hear about deals so far in advance that actually come to fruition. Hell Rondo looks like he has found the fountain of youth, I would bring him aboard to help mentor our guys and change the culture here.. Rondo isn't a sexy name, but his BBIQ is second to none, fierce competitor, and still plays winning ball from the pg position. The Lakers look like a different team when Rondo is running the point for them. Rondo could easily be our Mook for next year, but at the point.

Money Mitch
    Mook
    RJ
    Lavine
    Rondo

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    That latest CP rumor is even worse than what I thought the deal would be. It just doesn't make sense even if the Knicks are desperate.
    I hope that ***** not true
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

They’re saying that it’s highly unlikely that the bucks would trade for CP3. Who else is our competition then? Or are we bidding against ourselves again?

I know the Bucks ain’t going to pull of a Paul trade, so that knocks off 1 team. If there is any team that will want his services would be a playoff team. If none of those team will even consider making a move like that, then it’s a 1 team race the Knicks.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

Randle Knox 2nd for Paul
    Throw big money to Beasley hope they don’t match
    Draft Vassell
    Trade up from 27 to grab poku
    Bring back Dotson
    Paul/DSj
    Beasley/ Frank
    RJ/Dot/Iggy
    Vassel/Iggy