Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Would that even be possible, cap wise?

Figuring with roster holds, and our 2 first rounders, we could have at max around 50M I think. That would mean FVV at 15M, unless we somehow shed a few Mil somewhere, or one of those teams did a sign/trade with us.

Besides the question of would they come
    Van vleet and AD are FA... but barrett, mitch and lamelo (providing the knicks are in position to draft him) would all be on rookie deals....Knicks are one of the few teams with cap space...lots of options on players and easily moveable contracts.
    I could see Van Vleet coming with the opportunity to start at PG instead of sharing it with Lowry.

AD would be the tricky one but with Lebron about to be 36 at the end of this year gotta believe AD has to weigh all his options.

If wizards are sellers do we go after beal?
    Give up the clippers pick this year and the mavs pick next year?
    Would paring beal and barrett with potentially lamelo take this team to the next level?

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    If wizards are sellers do we go after beal?
    Give up the clippers pick this year and the mavs pick next year?
    Would paring beal and barrett with potentially lamelo take this team to the next level?
    Bealís someone Iíd definitely feel comfortable trading some assets for, dude is a beast and heís young too.

Iíd offer Randle, Knox, DSJ and 3 1sts (NY 2021 and both DAL 1sts) for him.

They probably wouldnít want that offer though, they could do better.

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    They probably wouldnít want that offer though, they could do better.
    No one is paying that for a marginal All Star with zero playoff accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by nyknicks1969 View Post
    No one is paying that for a marginal All Star with zero playoff accomplishments.
    What exactly wouldnít you be willing to part with?

Randle? Good riddance.

Knox? Heís terrible.

Frank? Potential to be decent but at this point Iíd gladly ship him out to get a player of Bealís caliber.

The 3 1sts? The two DAL picks arenít even lotto picks, even our own 2021 pick might not even be that good with Beal and potentially another signing in NY.

Van vleet and AD are FA... but barrett, mitch and lamelo (providing the knicks are in position to draft him) would all be on rookie deals....Knicks are one of the few teams with cap space...lots of options on players and easily moveable contracts.
    I could see Van Vleet coming with the opportunity to start at PG instead of sharing it with Lowry.

AD would be the tricky one but with Lebron about to be 36 at the end of this year gotta believe AD has to weigh all his options.
    Like I said, they will have enough cap as is to sign AD to his max, with around 15 left, after renouncing everyone that isnít worth keeping. Whoís easily moveable, to free up the likely 10M we would need? Attaching picks to players to free up the money, when is that ever easy?

Lowry has one year left, and heís done. AD will just take over the Lakers..
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 02-25-2020 at 04:37 PM.

I think looking at what the market could offer for him it's probably the best deal they could receive however I think they would insist on our 2020 1st rd pick in which I would counter and throw in the Clippers 2020 1st rd pick we got from marcus morris deal INSTEAD of our 2021 pick.

Like I said, they will have enough cap as is to sign AD to his max, with around 15 left, after renouncing everyone that isnít worth keeping. Whoís easily moveable, to free up the likely 10M we would need? Attaching picks to players to free up the money, when is that ever easy?

Lowry has one year left, and heís done. AD will just take over the Lakers..
    Are you familiar with our roster? all the vets we signed were for one or 2 year deals with team options. We prob have the most flexible roster assets, in terms of contracts, in the whole league. I can't stand Perry/Mills as much as the next guy but at least they did that right...they gave us plenty or roster flexibility.

Are you familiar with our roster? all the vets we signed were for one or 2 year deals with team options. We prob have the most flexible roster assets, in terms of contracts, in the whole league. I can't stand Perry/Mills as much as the next guy but at least they did that right...they gave us plenty or roster flexibility.
    I am familiar, are you? Iím asking because I just looked into our situation. Unless Iím miscalculating, thatís how much cap we will have if we renounce everyone we can, which leaves us with

Randle
    Mitch
    RJ
    DSJ
    Frank
    Iggy
    2020 picks
    Roster holds
    Noahís dead money

Puts us with around 50M free.
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 02-25-2020 at 04:52 PM.

I would keep a very close eye on the Cavs. This draft is so PG heavy I could see them drafting another. Would love to pull off a trade for Darius Garland. Draft PG, trade for Garland, put RJ at SF, then go into FA looking for a PF who can stretch the floor and shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I would keep a very close eye on the Cavs. This draft is so PG heavy I could see them drafting another. Would love to pull off a trade for Darius Garland. Draft PG, trade for Garland, put RJ at SF, then go into FA looking for a PF who can stretch the floor and shoot.
    I donít think either of the CLE guards are an answer for us. Donít think Iíd give more than a heavily protected, most likely late first for either

Not terrible players, but I could see us all hating either of them in a month
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 02-25-2020 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Have you sent in your resume for GM/Assistant GM? - Happy to write an endorsement letter

Quote Originally Posted by shawn2timer View Post
    have you sent in your resume for gm/assistant gm? - happy to write an endorsement letter
    lol

I donít think either of the CLE guards are an answer for us. Donít think Iíd give more than a heavily protected, most likely late first for either

Not terrible players, but I could see us all hating either of them in a month
    Garland is young guard who can shoot from 3. For someone his age he is beyond his learning curve. I also suggested this because I dont think the cost would be terribly high. But his potential makes a deal worth it. I would offer either a Dallas or Clippers first, two seconds and a player or two. I would even be willing to take back a contract in the deal as long as it wasn't prohibitive.

Page 24 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast