Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 302 of 446 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 6687
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Iíd have no problems with Lavine. Flawed, but heís a legit offensive talent, still young, still improving. I mean some act like itís easy to find a 25 year old 6í6 SG putting up 25/4+/4+ on 45/38/80 with volume. Yeah, we donít want that...

I donít know how confident Iíd be on RJ being near as good as Hayward. Iím not interested in this team paying him 30M, but heís really good. If RJ is 80% the player Gordon is, Iíd be very happy. I just donít see it.

Iíd be beyond happy if Randle becomes a guy we want to keep. Heís just the epitome of empty numbers right now. But Iíll have faith, I guess
    I mean you could say Lavine is an empty stat guy too but pair 2 empty stat on bad team guys and put them with a good coach it might lead to wins.

I think RJ is a lot tougher than Hayward. Maybe not as skillful yet but I think he is going to be a 20-5-5 guy. Put him in the mix with Zach and Randle and Mitch on D... All we need is a good PG

Zach Lavine? What could go wrong?

Let's go with the list of Bulls that the Knicks have either traded or signed in the last 20 years:

1. Eddy Curry: Ate every meal like the Last Supper

2. Jamal Crawford: Alongside Marbury, let more people backdoor than Jenna Jameson

3: Chris Duhon: Bars closed once he left town.

4. Tyson Chandler: Schooled by a player now washing cars.

5. Derrick Rose: Couldn't adapt his game alongside Melo & KP.

6. Joakim Noah: Admitted playing drunk.

I donít know, Beasley is pretty athletic. CJ doesnít do a ton of that either. Not everyone has the luxury of a backcourt mate like Lillard either

Regardless of that comparison, and where you lie on that, Iím confident Beasley will be an efficient shooter, and an above average starter

Iíd also love if we are giving a serious look at Joe Harris
    CJs stats without lillard are unbelievable lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Zach Lavine? What could go wrong?

Let's go with the list of Bulls that the Knicks have either traded or signed in the last 20 years:

1. Eddy Curry: Ate every meal like the Last Supper

2. Jamal Crawford: Alongside Marbury, let more people backdoor than Jenna Jameson

3: Chris Duhon: Bars closed once he left town.

4. Tyson Chandler: Schooled by a player now washing cars.

5. Derrick Rose: Couldn't adapt his game alongside Melo & KP.

6. Joakim Noah: Admitted playing drunk.
    Jamal was solid
    Tyson was great
    The others are irrelevant mr.bot
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by 2010 or Bust View Post
    What was that you said about MPJ?
    Not great to think about but

LaMelo-RJ-MPJ-KP-Mitch

Was actually probably possible with a better FO...

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Jamal was solid
    Tyson was great
    The others are irrelevant mr.bot
    Thank you for finally agreeing with me. Knicks' history of deals involving ex-Bulls RARELY go well if any at all.

Jamal was so solid, that's why Larry Brown reduced his role to a bench player. During that time, $15M/season was a lot for a player who allowed his opponent to average nearly 6 ppg MORE than he produced.

Tyson Chandler was great for one regular season then was owned by Roy Hibbert and never was the same again. He was horrific the following season...and later shipped out.

Here' a pro tip. When a team is ready to let a player go to free agency, there's usually a red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    He was gifted to them and the Knicks turned it down smh.
    I have been of the opinion that the Knicks have drafted talented players the last couple of years... the Knicks have failed their draft picks with the lack of coaching to develop them as well as a developing culture... I doubt if MJP was a Knick he would have developed nor would the team, media and fans have been this patient with him.

I glad we know have a coach with a proven track record of player development... heís taken late round picks (ala Taj Gibson) and made them starters as well as developed superstars out of players no one expected (ala Jimmy Butler)

Hindsight says that playing RJ at point guard was dumb last season... and it was dumb to sign all those forwards who took minutes from Knox. Coach wonít make those mistakes.

CJs stats without lillard are unbelievable lol
    Fair. But Lillard has missed just over what, 20 games in his career? Letís say thatís not the biggest sample size.

Quote Originally Posted by knickerbockerny View Post
    I have been of the opinion that the Knicks have drafted talented players the last couple of years... the Knicks have failed their draft picks with the lack of coaching to develop them as well as a developing culture... I doubt if MJP was a Knick he would have developed nor would the team, media and fans have been this patient with him.

I glad we know have a coach with a proven track record of player development... heís taken late round picks (ala Taj Gibson) and made them starters as well as developed superstars out of players no one expected (ala Jimmy Butler)

Hindsight says that playing RJ at point guard was dumb last season... and it was dumb to sign all those forwards who took minutes from Knox. Coach wonít make those mistakes.
    I disagree. I never thought the guys theyíve drafted besides RJ were ever that talented.

This isnít development youíre witnessing with MPJ, itís him finally being healthy. This could very well play out like the Embiid situation. Are you going to say that the Sixers developed Embiid into what he is now?

Most star players are just that very early into their careers and not every player will develop. We have to stop assuming that development is guaranteed just because a player is young. Some have it, some donít.

Jimmy Butler is an exception and I donít think that it was 100% due to Thibs. A lot of it falls on the players. Look at Butlerís overall attitude and drive. It is why I think that RJ will eventually pan out regardless of coach. I actually wouldnít be shocked if they put the ball in RJs hands more. Weíll see though.

What level of development are we talking about for the Knicks young players? Solid role players? I donít see much more than that.
    Last edited by smood999; 08-04-2020 at 09:54 AM.

The best draft and free agency in a decade is approaching next yr. Sign NO ONE AND SUCK as bad as we actually are. Save money and lose with your youngsters. Watching CP3 or Gallo take the biggest shots in the game, is a perfect way to once again delay the growth of the youngsters and blow a good draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Not great to think about but

LaMelo-RJ-MPJ-KP-Mitch

Was actually probably possible with a better FO...
    Theyíd have to trade up for Lamelo but yeah lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Thank you for finally agreeing with me. Knicks' history of deals involving ex-Bulls RARELY go well if any at all.

Jamal was so solid, that's why Larry Brown reduced his role to a bench player. During that time, $15M/season was a lot for a player who allowed his opponent to average nearly 6 ppg MORE than he produced.

Tyson Chandler was great for one regular season then was owned by Roy Hibbert and never was the same again. He was horrific the following season...and later shipped out.

Here' a pro tip. When a team is ready to let a player go to free agency, there's usually a red flag.
    Thatís as false as it gets lol just because a team doesnít value you that doesnít mean anything. And lol jamal was a solid sixth man. Tyson was a dpoy lol Tyson was very solid.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Fair. But Lillard has missed just over what, 20 games in his career? Letís say thatís not the biggest sample size.
    If I had to guess it would be 30+ but yeah I think cjs better without dame than with him. CJs very underrated. With him as the main ball handler I think his numbers go up by a good amount. I like beas but I canít see him being a 24 ppg guy like CJ
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

If I had to guess it would be 30+ but yeah I think cjs better without dame than with him. CJs very underrated. With him as the main ball handler I think his numbers go up by a good amount. I like beas but I canít see him being a 24 ppg guy like CJ
    Well, CJ has never been a 24ppg guy either. And he still shoots a lot, almost 20fga a game. How much more could he shoot? Still 10th in the league.

Iím not saying Beasley is definitely as good. Or that he will be. But itís not crazy to say you think itís possible. Heís a good shooter for his career, and has produced when heís gotten minutes. Look at what he did in MIN once he got steady minutes and shots. Heís good

Well, CJ has never been a 24ppg guy either. And he still shoots a lot, almost 20fga a game. How much more could he shoot? Still 10th in the league.

Iím not saying Beasley is definitely as good. Or that he will be. But itís not crazy to say you think itís possible. Heís a good shooter for his career, and has produced when heís gotten minutes. Look at what he did in MIN once he got steady minutes and shots. Heís good
    yea CJ shoots a ton, Lillard or no Lillard. 20FGA is a lot, i dont think he's good enough to warrant leading the league in shots or anything like that.