Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 297 of 431 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 6462
  1. #4441
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Rican, you definitely advocated for Frank HARD, whether for starting PG or starting in some other capacity. You moved away from PG about a yr or so ago and began talking about Frank being 6 7' wing who can guard PF's.

    And you guys saying Frank was better than Shump in their fist 3 yrs as a Knick, are insane. Just sayin' Honestly, I even think Shumps on ball D his first 3 yrs were better than Frank. Frank ran into foul troube , ALL the time where as Shump was a steals guru.
    Frank and Imans fouls/steals per 36 are close through those 3 years, neither is all that impressive. Iíd definitely say Franks D overall is better. And Iím not a Frank supporter. Imans rep was always better than the reality

    But Iíd also say per 36 is far from absolute, as is using steals to prove a players worth on defense

    Either way, both are at best, meh..Frank at least may get better
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 08-01-2020 at 10:17 AM.

  2. #4442
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10,887
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Frank and Imans fouls/steals per 36 are close through those 3 years, neither is all that impressive. Iíd definitely say Franks D overall is better. And Iím not a Frank supporter. Imans rep was always better than the reality

    But Iíd also say per 36 is far from absolute, as is using steals to prove a players worth on defense
    Not surprised we see things differently. There's a reason Lebron came after Shump and JR. Lets leave it at that.

  3. #4443
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Not surprised we see things differently. There's a reason Lebron came after Shump and JR. Lets leave it at that.
    Shumpert is nothing special. Like I said, Frank isnít either. Right now, they are very similar. Can fit a certain role, on a certain team, or they look bad

    Frank could fill the role Shump had. JR is way better than both, when his head was in the game

    Believe it or not, we agree sometimes, though. Not often, but it happens. Broken clock is right twice a day...
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 08-01-2020 at 11:08 AM.

  4. #4444
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,090
    Watching this Nuggets vs Heat game and MPJ's defense is worse than Knox. They literally had to pull him out twice for lack of effort on D.

    Knox before the Pandemic was playing pretty good defense regardless what the Nay Sayers think. I watch those last 10 games over and over during quarantine.

    MPJ is a more creative scorer but Knox is about the same height and size and a bit more athletic than MPJ. I hope the Knicks don't give up on him yet I'd like to see what Thibs can do with him.

    Duncan Robinson is killing MPJ... Who would have thought that looking at the draft positions and hype.

  5. #4445
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    48,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Watching this Nuggets vs Heat game and MPJ's defense is worse than Knox. They literally had to pull him out twice for lack of effort on D.

    Knox before the Pandemic was playing pretty good defense regardless what the Nay Sayers think. I watch those last 10 games over and over during quarantine.

    MPJ is a more creative scorer but Knox is about the same height and size and a bit more athletic than MPJ. I hope the Knicks don't give up on him yet I'd like to see what Thibs can do with him.

    Duncan Robinson is killing MPJ... Who would have thought that looking at the draft positions and hype.
    Knox is MJP like Randle is to Zion


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #4446
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,828
    Forgetting Knox, MPJ hasnít been impressive to me at all. I donít know if itís because he has such a limited role in Denver, but definitely not what I expected him to be once healthy.

    Out of Knox, MPJ, Miles and Mikal, the only one whoís actually shown anything decent has been Mikal. Which was entirely foreeseeable. But it is still early and Mikal came out a bit older, so weíll see.

  7. #4447
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,220
    Cp3 looking nice right now but you guys think we gonna get him for peanuts

  8. #4448
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Forgetting Knox, MPJ hasnít been impressive to me at all. I donít know if itís because he has such a limited role in Denver, but definitely not what I expected him to be once healthy.

    Out of Knox, MPJ, Miles and Mikal, the only one whoís actually shown anything decent has been Mikal. Which was entirely foreeseeable. But it is still early and Mikal came out a bit older, so weíll see.
    Yea i agree I thought miles was gonna be a beast but they all are kinda bust besides mikal

  9. #4449
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    48,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Forgetting Knox, MPJ hasnít been impressive to me at all. I donít know if itís because he has such a limited role in Denver, but definitely not what I expected him to be once healthy.

    Out of Knox, MPJ, Miles and Mikal, the only one whoís actually shown anything decent has been Mikal. Which was entirely foreeseeable. But it is still early and Mikal came out a bit older, so weíll see.
    He looked very good in the couple games I saw. I think if he can healthy he will a legitimate scorer


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #4450
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Cp3 looking nice right now but you guys think we gonna get him for peanuts
    That's such a Knicks fan mentality.

    Apparently the fans who do a lot of K2 fool themselves into thinking:

    1. We're going to trade up and get LaMelo Anthony for nothing.

    2. Chris Paul trade is not going to require giving up extra picks in addition to cap space.

    3. Gallinari is going to take a pay cut from $18M/season to veteran minimum for the honor of returning to a failed franchise that sent him and half the team packing for Carmelo Anthony.

    People. Get off the drugs.

  11. #4451
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    That's such a Knicks fan mentality.

    Apparently the fans who do a lot of K2 fool themselves into thinking:

    1. We're going to trade up and get LaMelo Anthony for nothing.

    2. Chris Paul trade is not going to require giving up extra picks in addition to cap space.

    3. Gallinari is going to take a pay cut from $18M/season to veteran minimum for the honor of returning to a failed franchise that sent him and half the team packing for Carmelo Anthony.

    People. Get off the drugs.
    You seem to be struggling with reading comprehension, so letís break this down.

    1. Not a single person here has said weíd get LaMelo for nothing. In fact, a ton of people here believe trading up for LaMelo would cost too much, and isnít worth it. I havenít seen a single trade proposal that didnít include a Mavs pick plus an additional asset. Thatís not nothing.

    2. The CP3 thing is simple. Weíre one of the few teams that can provide OKC with cap relief. We donít need CP3. Weíre not winning anything in the next two years. So if OKC is demanding 1st round picks for him, then just donít make the trade.

    The idea that CP3 is going to require multiple first round picks from anyone is laughable. He makes $40M in a depressed economy and a shrinking salary cap, and on a small market team.

    3. Not a single person said Gallo would sign for the vet minimum. Nycerican suggested $20M and that sounds about right. But nice strawman.

  12. #4452
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    You seem to be struggling with reading comprehension, so letís break this down.

    1. Not a single person here has said weíd get LaMelo for nothing. In fact, a ton of people here believe trading up for LaMelo would cost too much, and isnít worth it. I havenít seen a single trade proposal that didnít include a Mavs pick plus an additional asset. Thatís not nothing.

    2. The CP3 thing is simple. Weíre one of the few teams that can provide OKC with cap relief. We donít need CP3. Weíre not winning anything in the next two years. So if OKC is demanding 1st round picks for him, then just donít make the trade.

    The idea that CP3 is going to require multiple first round picks from anyone is laughable. He makes $40M in a depressed economy and a shrinking salary cap, and on a small market team.

    3. Not a single person said Gallo would sign for the vet minimum. Nycerican suggested $20M and that sounds about right. But nice strawman.
    Heís a bot. People in here have said to give up 2 +firsts for Lamelo and a first + dsj and fillers for an old Chris Paul like nobody has said anything crazy but the bot and dude that spells weird canít seem to get that. Maybe they struggle reading itís ok.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  13. #4453
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    That's such a Knicks fan mentality.

    Apparently the fans who do a lot of K2 fool themselves into thinking:

    1. We're going to trade up and get LaMelo Anthony for nothing.

    2. Chris Paul trade is not going to require giving up extra picks in addition to cap space.

    3. Gallinari is going to take a pay cut from $18M/season to veteran minimum for the honor of returning to a failed franchise that sent him and half the team packing for Carmelo Anthony.

    People. Get off the drugs.

  14. #4454
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    You seem to be struggling with reading comprehension, so letís break this down.

    1. Not a single person here has said weíd get LaMelo for nothing. In fact, a ton of people here believe trading up for LaMelo would cost too much, and isnít worth it. I havenít seen a single trade proposal that didnít include a Mavs pick plus an additional asset. Thatís not nothing.

    2. The CP3 thing is simple. Weíre one of the few teams that can provide OKC with cap relief. We donít need CP3. Weíre not winning anything in the next two years. So if OKC is demanding 1st round picks for him, then just donít make the trade.

    The idea that CP3 is going to require multiple first round picks from anyone is laughable. He makes $40M in a depressed economy and a shrinking salary cap, and on a small market team.

    3. Not a single person said Gallo would sign for the vet minimum. Nycerican suggested $20M and that sounds about right. But nice strawman.
    Donít bother..he just makes stuff up as he goes

  15. #4455
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,090
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He looked very good in the couple games I saw. I think if he can healthy he will a legitimate scorer


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You probably watched him in the pre start back games that didn't count but in the real games MPJ and Zion look like trash. I think Zion will bounce back because he has been playing much but MPJ is the worst defender in the NBA so far...lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •