Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 293 of 446 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 6687
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I totally agree with this... I've been comparing Frank to Smart since his rookie season. Many NBA analyst said Smart was a bust early in his career but now those same media clowns talk about how important Smart is to the Celtics success.
    Smart is the same player heís been. One thing he has on Frank, heís much more intense/agressive on both ends. And has a talent loaded team, that can carry his flaws. But he still has to be guarded. Frank needs to step it up, be more assertive. He took some small steps, so theres hope

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Smart is the same player heís been. One thing he has on Frank, heís much more intense/agressive on both ends. And has a talent loaded team, that can carry his flaws. But he still has to be guarded. Frank needs to step it up, be more assertive. He took some small steps, so theres hope
    ehh Frank is aggressive on D. is there anyone more aggressive then him on the team?

Offensively Smart is more aggressive, but with a career shooting line of 37/32/77, maybe he shouldn't be that aggressive on offense...lol. Frank got up to 39/32/86 this year, but if 4 years now from at 26 he's still shooting like Smart, i'd be disappointed and wouldn't want him shooting as much as Smart. Frank is a team player though so i dont think that will ever be an issue. I think ultimately he'll be a much more efficient offensive player than Smart.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    ehh Frank is aggressive on D. is there anyone more aggressive then him on the team?

Offensively Smart is more aggressive, but with a career shooting line of 37/32/77, maybe he shouldn't be that aggressive on offense...lol. Frank got up to 39/32/86 this year, but if 4 years now from at 26 he's still shooting like Smart, i'd be disappointed and wouldn't want him shooting as much as Smart. Frank is a team player though so i dont think that will ever be an issue. I think ultimately he'll be a much more efficient offensive player than Smart.
    Agressive, and most agressive on the team are different things. And I know you have seen Smart play, so Iím not going to ask whether you see a difference in attitude/demeanor out there. And Smarts last season would be more than acceptable , shooting wise.

I donít love either player, but at least Smart makes you think he can put up a good game on you. Either way, a guy like that really only works on a team with a lot of offensive talent. Wake me up when that happens

Agressive, and most agressive on the team are different things. And I know you have seen Smart play, so Iím not going to ask whether you see a difference in attitude/demeanor out there. And Smarts last season would be more than acceptable , shooting wise.

I donít love either player, but at least Smart makes you think he can put up a good game on you. Either way, a guy like that really only works on a team with a lot of offensive talent. Wake me up when that happens
    i mean Smart looks angrier...lol. but i wouldn't say he's more aggressive on D. He's just much more of a trash talking angry looking guy on the court. Enes Kanter was a trash talking angry guy on the court but he'd let everyone drive right by him. demeanor doesn't mean more aggressive.

I have higher hopes for Frank. but if 38/35 shooting is more than acceptable then I think you'll be happy with Frank next year.

Smart has had the benefit of playing on a real team for a real coach also. they get the best out of guys. I'm sure Frank would have played better on those BOS teams. Frank has had some of the worst rosters with the most selfish players and no semblance of team play and a revolving door of coaches.

i mean Smart looks angrier...lol. but i wouldn't say he's more aggressive on D. He's just much more of a trash talking angry looking guy on the court. Enes Kanter was a trash talking angry guy on the court but he'd let everyone drive right by him. demeanor doesn't mean more aggressive.

I have higher hopes for Frank. but if 38/35 shooting is more than acceptable then I think you'll be happy with Frank next year.

Smart has had the benefit of playing on a real team for a real coach also. they get the best out of guys. I'm sure Frank would have played better on those BOS teams. Frank has had some of the worst rosters with the most selfish players and no semblance of team play and a revolving door of coaches.
    I was referring to last years 42/36/80

But even this year, heís about 35% from 3 on good volume. Again, though, I really donít like either. But if a Frank can get his shooting up, thereís definitely a role for him

If Smart was that much more aggressive than Frank on Offense then why did he only average 2 points more per season than Frank in his first 3 seasons... See another emotional response with no factual content...lol

If Smart was that much more aggressive than Frank on Offense then why did he only average 2 points more per season than Frank in his first 3 seasons... See another emotional response with no factual content...lol
    Because the Celts had great scorers and his opportunities were limited. Is this a serious question?

Because he wasnít good at making shots. Two different things. Smart at least appeared to be a threat. Frank just disappears. Their playing styles are clearly different.

Both were poor shooters, but one was clearly more aggressive and made defenses account for him while the other is passive and gets ignored.

Guys, I like Frank a lot, but we can all agree he's not as aggressive as he should be, nor as aggressive as Marcus Smart on offense.

There's nothing wrong with conceding that. He needs to be more assertive on offense. And he needs to get his three point shooting right to be a useful piece on a good team.

See Smoods response..

Stop with this ďemotional, not factualĒ BS. Youíre the one with lack of facts, and all emotion. Itís easy to go to generic responses like that when you have no response otherwise. Iíll debate logically all day. Youíre the one that goes there..

But youíll likely disappear for a bit, not answer. Then we will revisit the same nonsense again in a few weeks. Still waiting for your response on the other post you said the same stuff about, which Iím sure you saw..
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-30-2020 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Guys, I like Frank a lot, but we can all agree he's not as aggressive as he should be, nor as aggressive as Marcus Smart on offense.

There's nothing wrong with conceding that. He needs to be more assertive on offense. And he needs to get his three point shooting right to be a useful piece on a good team.
    i agree but disagree about the defense.

i will say Frank shot 86% at hte FT line last year, you wont find many if any guys that shoot that well at the FT line that are poor 3pt shooters. he'll get there

i agree but disagree about the defense.

i will say Frank shot 86% at hte FT line last year, you wont find many if any guys that shoot that well at the FT line that are poor 3pt shooters. he'll get there
    Yeah I'm with you on the defense part. People probably have different definitions of what aggressive defense looks like. I don't think Frank has any confidence issues on that end.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Because the Celts had great scorers and his opportunities were limited. Is this a serious question?
    OTOH Celtics had great scorers, great coach, great team play... and Smart still shot very poorly. Imagine here in NY?

We haven't had anything resembling a team in so long. I dont think its a coincendece that so many guys come here and shoot poorly.

THJR... very good shooter in ATL & now DAL, here, he had his worst shooting years. Ellington career low 3% last year, same for Bullock, Randle took a huge dip, Payton career low... this team just sucks at generating open looks.

OTOH Celtics had great scorers, great coach, great team play... and Smart still shot very poorly. Imagine here in NY?

We haven't had anything resembling a team in so long. I dont think its a coincendece that so many guys come here and shoot poorly.

THJR... very good shooter in ATL & now DAL, here, he had his worst shooting years. Ellington career low 3% last year, same for Bullock, Randle took a huge dip, Payton career low... this team just sucks at generating open looks.
    When you have other great scorers on your team, that doesn't mean your numbers will improve. Just look at what Mook did when he left the KNicks last yr. Im pretty sure the Clips are a much better team than the Knicks and Mooks shooting % dropped ALL ACROSS THE BOARD.

This is all true but what you didn't mention was, Frank was supposed to be the guy that got people those open looks. And btw, I've heard you argue the exact opposite about players putting up numbers on bad teams and now you're saying it's easier to put up numbers on a good team. There's absolutely no reason to discuss Frank. He's a nice to have and a back up option that helps keep leads but doesn't help build them.
    Last edited by Bivory; 07-30-2020 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    What GREAT players did the Celtics have in Marcus Smart's first 3 years?