Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 253 of 316 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 4729

2020 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    The Paul Pierce comparison is definitely very optimistic.

I think he could become a better Demar DeRozan type of player with better range on his shot eventually.
    Iím not sure who RJ plays like. RJís going to be a better 3PT shooter than DeRozan for sure, but the rest of his game is very far from DeRozan. DeRozan was an elite athlete who got to the rim with ease and could fly over bigs in the NBA. RJ doesnít have that.

DeRozan was an above average FT shooter the moment he got into the league and always went to the FT line often. The pull-up mid-range was always a big part of his game too. He always made good decisions and took care of the basketball having a low TO rate his entire career.

DeRozan made 4 All-Star teams in his career has always been an efficient offensive player despite not shooting 3s. However his defense has always been bad and held his teams back considerably. We would still be very fortunate if RJís career came close to his. RJ needs to be at least 75% guy from the FT line IMO. 61% just isnít going to cut it.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 07-06-2020 at 05:28 PM.

2020 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    RJ vs Pierce. You wonít be right a year from now no shots heís making allstar and no shot heís as good as you think. I think heís clearly got some talent but not the way you talk him up. As far as RJ he may not finish like a C at the rim but I think itís safe to say if we get guys that can shoot around him his %s will rise there
    I didnít compare RJ and Pierce as rookies because Pierce was 21 with 3 years of college experience while RJ was only 19 this season with only 1 year of college. I was responding the idea that RJís skills were superior to Pierceís in their respective freshman seasons in college because of the fact that his numbers were better. Numbers are great, but ďhowĒ the numbers come to be is super important.

I agree with the bolded. He doesnít even need to finish at the rim like a C, I just wanted to point out the ridiculousness of the comparison. They are completely different positions with different skillsets.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 07-06-2020 at 05:27 PM.

When the 32 year old is awesome and an awesome fit you do.
    If he misses 1/2 the season, I think youíd reconsider.

New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Me too but hypothetically we'd be drafting ball and keeping rj this team would be a major problem in the east id also sign wood and morris

Wood
    Morris
    Rj
    Book
    Ball
    Yeah I love Mook at the 4 and I think this team could be fun to watch. I was gonna bring up Mook yesterday, but I decided to go in a different direction because of Randle and preserving cap space for the following FA class. This is also why I see Wood as such a valuable asset because he can play both 4/5 well, even if he lacks bulk for the 5. Heís a mis-match nightmare on offense to make up for it some.

Mook would cost a lot less than Gallo and could probably be had for less years as well. Heís much more likely to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010 or Bust View Post
    This is going to be our team in two years.

C Mitchell Robinson
    PF Anthony Davis
    SF Giannis Antetokounmpo
    SG Devin Booker
    PG who cares?
    With this roster Iíd rather have AD at C and Giannis at PF. The paint would be clogged AF with that front court.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    Keep the prayers alive my friend.
    The scary thing is it might actually be possible. Anthony Davis will most likely sign another 1 year deal with a player option with the Lakers this summer. LeBron is getting older so no reason to sign long term. Giannis is going to be in the same boat. Heíll be a free agent in 2021 and his team will all be north of 30. The Knicks could entertain the idea that they can trade for Booker and then have a deal in place to bring Giannis and Anthony Davis as free agent signings. That team would all be in their prime and could be the next dynasty. Add in Mitch, itís a pretty scary lineup.
    Last edited by 2010 or Bust; 07-06-2020 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010 or Bust View Post
    The scary thing is it might actually be possible. Anthony Davis will most likely sign another 1 year deal with a player option with the Lakers this summer. LeBron is getting older so no reason to sign long term. Giannis is going to be in the same boat. Heíll be a free agent in 2021 and his team will all be north of 30. The Knicks could entertain the idea that they can trade for Booker and then have a deal in place to bring Giannis and Anthony Davis as free agent signings. That team would all be in their prime and could be the next dynasty. Add in Mitch, itís a pretty scary lineup.
    Im with you brother lets get it done 😁

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    If he misses 1/2 the season, I think youíd reconsider.
    Been pretty healthy last two years.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    RJ shot over 45% in college too and attempted more 3's. his efficiency was right there with pierce and if we're comparing freshman year to freshman year RJ blows Pierce away.

35% on low volume, if we're being honest RJ's freshman college year was WAY better than Pierce's and he played a much tougher schedule.

He's ahead of Pierece's trajectory, doesn't mean he'll reach Pierce level but I don't doubt RJ. He's a basketball feen from a basketball family like Kobe and he works hard and has a good IQ. physically he's the ideal guard/SF There's no reason to doubt him.

He was put in a real tough spot playing with Randle & Payton last year, I don't think you could have handpicked two worse guys to put around him even if you tried. I think if we have a decent roster that gives RJ some space he can be a 20/5/5 guy as soon as next year.
    KU was totally stacked when PP was there. The talent level in the college game has fallen dramatically since his day. Sorry the strength of schedule comparisons and even raw #s wonít tell a the story here. Paul was way more refined when he entered the league. RJ just isnít that skilled. Tatum and Ingram are much closer to the Pierce mold. Both guys came in with great foot work abs some touch. I also disagree with the notion that he just needs spacing. He needs a jump shot and foot work. His defender is giving him a 5 foot cushion regardless of who he plays with right now. he is a transition player with few options in the half court. I hope he some day gets to where you think he is now but its probably his ceiling and not attainable til year 3 in a best case

I like JR but based on your expectations Ii think we will get to hear a lot about who is blocking JR next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 07-07-2020 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    RJ shot over 45% in college too and attempted more 3's. his efficiency was right there with pierce and if we're comparing freshman year to freshman year RJ blows Pierce away.

35% on low volume, if we're being honest RJ's freshman college year was WAY better than Pierce's and he played a much tougher schedule.

He's ahead of Pierece's trajectory, doesn't mean he'll reach Pierce level but I don't doubt RJ. He's a basketball feen from a basketball family like Kobe and he works hard and has a good IQ. physically he's the ideal guard/SF There's no reason to doubt him.

He was put in a real tough spot playing with Randle & Payton last year, I don't think you could have handpicked two worse guys to put around him even if you tried. I think if we have a decent roster that gives RJ some space he can be a 20/5/5 guy as soon as next year.
    Good post ... I agree with everything you said here. To add RJ is more athletic and is a better passer than PP.

Zion had all kind of talent around him with Holiday and Ingram and Ball fits Zions style of play to a tee. NO has a very good young team and Zion has plenty of space because of their other scorers... RJ literally had no floor spacers and he still looked like a #3 pick. He is not quite better than Zion but I can actually see RJ better than Zion in 5 years... especially if he is playing with a top notch PG and some shooters around him to open up the lane.

Most Knicks fans always think the grass is greener on the other side.

Plant some fertilizer!

In other news I told y'all we are going to end up with Deni... He is either Mario, Gallo or Doncic
    https://youtu.be/06OsRBEDHbw

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    In other news I told y'all we are going to end up with Deni... He is either Mario, Gallo or Doncic
    https://youtu.be/06OsRBEDHbw
    Very unlikely cavs pass him up and very unlikely we pass up a g if we jump the cavs
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I can't see the Knicks drafting Deni Avdija. Luka was a rockstar. There was so much tape on this guy, only GM Perry was dumb enough to underestimate his developement.

This team has an overabundance of small forwards. Kevin Knox applied for assistance due to his minutes being cut back.

Knicks need a traditional point guard because they don't have anyone on the team remotely close to a ball distributor.

The Knicks have dodged the point guard issue for nearly 20 years...how'd that work? Poorly for the most part.

Don't get one point guard, get TWO.

When the Knicks had two primary ball handlers, Frazier and Monroe, it led to 2 championships. Ball movement is everything in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Good post ... I agree with everything you said here. To add RJ is more athletic and is a better passer than PP.

Zion had all kind of talent around him with Holiday and Ingram and Ball fits Zions style of play to a tee. NO has a very good young team and Zion has plenty of space because of their other scorers... RJ literally had no floor spacers and he still looked like a #3 pick. He is not quite better than Zion but I can actually see RJ better than Zion in 5 years... especially if he is playing with a top notch PG and some shooters around him to open up the lane.

Most Knicks fans always think the grass is greener on the other side.

Plant some fertilizer!
    Because the grass is greener pretty much anywhere else in the NBA.

And if RJ is improving 5 years from now, Zion wonít? Zion has a great work ethic as well, is very coachable, and is a high court IQ guy. Sky is the limit, when you put that all together with elite athletic ability, and ridiculous strength/size. Also, Zion is a much better defensive player..
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-07-2020 at 09:08 AM.

Very unlikely cavs pass him up and very unlikely we pass up a g if we jump the cavs
    100% Cavs would not pass

Only way Iíd see us passing on a PG, is if thereís plans to move up to grab another player. Deni looking good though, all along, I said heís the only non-guard that should be on the radar. Depends too if the FO is going for Wood. If yes, I donít see us drafting another front-court guy. Thinking either Wood or Deni would be the 4 between Mitch and RJ
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-07-2020 at 09:13 AM.