Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 251 of 316 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 4729
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Except we wouldnít get killed on the perimeter (I can point out numerous gifs, videos, etc. proving that Wood can guard wings and Mitch is no slouch) and our rim protection would be arguably the best in the league. Even if you donít think Wood is a legit above average 3PT shooter like heís shown, I donít see any evidence that he will be a bad shooter like Randle.

At worst I see Wood putting up 33% on maybe 4-5 3s attempted a game playing full-time at the 4. Thatís good enough to draw opposing bigs out to the perimeter and improve spacing (unlike Randle where they dared him to shoot every time he touched the ball).
    Randle is a bad comp imo thats the worst signing in this past decade he's pretty bad lol

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    So i guess the real question is if we get the number 1 pick this year do you trade lamelo for Booker
    The Suns would rather have Edwards Iím sure. And it would take more than that to get Booker IMO. I would rather trade RJ+.

Randle is a bad comp imo thats the worst signing in this past decade he's pretty bad lol
    Agreed, itís just a comp thatís been thrown around here over and over and I canít stand it. They literally play nothing alike.

My point is just that weíll never see the poor spacing we saw this season ever again. We really ran out this lineup in 2020:

Gibson
    Randle
    Morris
    Barrett
    Payton

The roster couldnít have been more poorly constructed. Wood has clearly shown good feel for shooting and is a fantastic finisher who doesnít need to dominate the ball. He has a versatile skillset that can fit virtually any team in the league at the 4 or 5.

So i guess the real question is if we get the number 1 pick this year do you trade lamelo for Booker
    Iíd rather trade pick 1 + Knox and picks then trade RJ + pciks
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Win now doesnít mean sign a 32 year old injury prone player. We can win now with younger players and continue to improve the core.
    When the 32 year old is awesome and an awesome fit you do.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Iíd rather trade pick 1 + Knox and picks then trade RJ + pciks
    Idk i probably just keep ball and rj at most id give up mitch knox and future picks

Obviously it would have to be a 3 team trade pho has no need for mitch

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    as they should be until he gets better.
    Pierce was 235lbs when he played, RJ is 214, he has room to grow physically and skill wise. He's the best thing we have going yet you're more hyped about Wood... think about that...lol.
    The point is that Pierce was always a more skilled shooter/scorer than RJ was. Despite their difference is frame, Pierce didnít use his strength regularly to finish inside like RJ did at Duke. Iíd be much more excited about RJ and less concerned about his shot if had great athleticism (he does not).

Once RJB makes an All Star game all those doubters will look foolish.
    Barring injury derailing his career I say by year 4 he makes an All Star Game. He is not as dominant a force as Zion but he understands how to play the game. All he lacks is consistency.

The point is that Pierce was always a more skilled shooter/scorer than RJ was. Despite their difference is frame, Pierce didnít use his strength regularly to finish inside like RJ did at Duke. Iíd be much more excited about RJ and less concerned about his shot if had great athleticism (he does not).
    was always? RJ's freshman year was WAY better than Pierce's. not even close. if Pierce had been drafted at 18 you think he would have produced like RJ did last year?

and since when is finishing inside a bad thing? that's all you talk about with Wood is how much he can finish inside.

RJ's athleticism is not a concern, there are tons of great players that don't fly through the air. he's plenty athletic enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    Barring injury derailing his career I say by year 4 he makes an All Star Game. He is not as dominant a force as Zion but he understands how to play the game. All he lacks is consistency.
    agreed, and a roster that isn't hurting him.

And you're right he understands how to play, and that's probably why there were rumors of him not liking Randle's playstyle, and preferring Frank at PG over Payton.

Put RJ with Mitch, a legit shooter at PF & SG and he'll be a force.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    My main issue with RJ, is heís more a grinding type player. Not that heís a slouch or anything, but heís not overly physically gifted. And also not a particularly high skill player, either

Good, not great. He will really need some big improvement in his offensive game to step up a notch. Otherwise he will be a guy that fits in nicely, but needs others to do the heavy lifting.

I honestly hate the idea of trading Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I honestly hate the idea of trading Mitch
    Me too but hypothetically we'd be drafting ball and keeping rj this team would be a major problem in the east id also sign wood and morris

Wood
    Morris
    Rj
    Book
    Ball

agreed, and a roster that isn't hurting him.

And you're right he understands how to play, and that's probably why there were rumors of him not liking Randle's playstyle, and preferring Frank at PG over Payton.

Put RJ with Mitch, a legit shooter at PF & SG and he'll be a force.
    All Elfrid and Randle did for the Knicks was take important developmental minutes away from guys like Frank, DSJ, Knox, Braz, etc. This also possibly costing the Knicks valuable Lottery positioning.

Morris and Taj Gibson were the only players worth bringing in to teach these kids some toughness, in Morris' case he also spread the floor and got the Knicks an extra 1st.

It would've been much smarter to lose a little more but get guys like Frank, Knox and Braz going for the future.

I just hope the couple extra wins don't cost the Knicks a chance at LaMelo.

The Knicks are long over due an elite playmaker.
    Last edited by SK6; 07-06-2020 at 04:32 PM.

was always? RJ's freshman year was WAY better than Pierce's. not even close. if Pierce had been drafted at 18 you think he would have produced like RJ did last year?

and since when is finishing inside a bad thing? that's all you talk about with Wood is how much he can finish inside.

RJ's athleticism is not a concern, there are tons of great players that don't fly through the air. he's plenty athletic enough.
    You must have missed my post where I said Pierce likely took a ton of mid-range Js because that was the way the game was played back then. Also the level of competition in the NCAA back then was FAR greater than it is today in the one and done era.

Taking that into account and the fact that Pierce was always a MUCH better defender, thereís literally no comparison.

RJ isnít a 6í10Ē unicorn like Wood is. Heís never going to finish at the rim anywhere near the level that Wood does. RJís athleticism wouldnít be a concern if he were more skilled. And if RJ was more athletic, Iíd have less concern about his current skill levels.