Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 247 of 316 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 4729
  1. #3691
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,408
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    RJ shot over 45% in college too and attempted more 3's. his efficiency was right there with pierce and if we're comparing freshman year to freshman year RJ blows Pierce away.

    35% on low volume, if we're being honest RJ's freshman college year was WAY better than Pierce's and he played a much tougher schedule.

    He's ahead of Pierece's trajectory, doesn't mean he'll reach Pierce level but I don't doubt RJ. He's a basketball feen from a basketball family like Kobe and he works hard and has a good IQ. physically he's the ideal guard/SF There's no reason to doubt him.

    He was put in a real tough spot playing with Randle & Payton last year, I don't think you could have handpicked two worse guys to put around him even if you tried. I think if we have a decent roster that gives RJ some space he can be a 20/5/5 guy as soon as next year.
    Different kinds of games. RJ uses his body to get inside. Also scored a lot in transition. Pierce wasnít that kind of guy. Pierce also was the #1 guy teams were trying to stop, not the guy that needed the perfect lineup around him to fit his game. That matters

    I think he can possibly be a 20/5/5 guy, but honestly, right now thatís not special. Plenty of guys out there doing that. I see good player in him, not star. All numbers arenít equal either. WeĎll see
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-06-2020 at 08:59 AM.

  2. #3692
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,946
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Different kinds of games. RJ uses his body to get inside. Also scored a lot in transition. Pierce wasnít that kind of guy. Pierce also was the #1 guy teams were trying to stop, not the guy that needed the perfect lineup around him to fit his game. That matters

    I think he can possibly be a 20/5/5 guy, but honestly, right now thatís not special. Plenty of guys out there doing that. I see good player in him, not star. All numbers arenít equal either. WeĎll see
    RJ is 19, it's way too early to view him one way, he goes to the basket a lot b/c his outside shot isn't great and we had ZERO spacing. but he still attempted more jumpers then he did shots at the rim last year. I think he'll become a better shooter as time goes on. and i'm not saying they are the exact same players, just saying it's not a horrible comp either, Pierce wasn't some lights out shooter. even at age 25 he had seasons where he shot worse than RJ, and he struggled mightily at the FT line until he was about 22.

    only 9 guys last year put up 20/5/5... if RJ does that next year at 19 it certainly is special. he'd be the youngest guy in the league to do it. I think prime RJ can be 25/5/5.

  3. #3693
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,408
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    RJ is 19, it's way too early to view him one way, he goes to the basket a lot b/c his outside shot isn't great and we had ZERO spacing. but he still attempted more jumpers then he did shots at the rim last year. I think he'll become a better shooter as time goes on. and i'm not saying they are the exact same players, just saying it's not a horrible comp either, Pierce wasn't some lights out shooter. even at age 25 he had seasons where he shot worse than RJ, and he struggled mightily at the FT line until he was about 22.

    only 9 guys last year put up 20/5/5... if RJ does that next year at 19 it certainly is special. he'd be the youngest guy in the league to do it. I think prime RJ can be 25/5/5.
    Ok fine, letís say ďnearĒ 20/5/5. Bunch of guys doing it. I also honestly donít see this great playmaker in him

  4. #3694
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,946
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Ok fine, letís say ďnearĒ 20/5/5. Bunch of guys doing it. I also honestly donít see this great playmaker in him
    i mean theres just no reason to be down on him if you think he can be a 20/5/5 guy, that might not be a franchise player but it would be a damn good young sidekick. Derozan nearly led TOR to a title and he could never shoot.

    What really sucks is we couldnt have paired with him with KP, that would be one of the better young duo's in the league.

  5. #3695
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,408
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    i mean theres just no reason to be down on him if you think he can be a 20/5/5 guy, that might not be a franchise player but it would be a damn good young sidekick. Derozan nearly led TOR to a title and he could never shoot.

    What really sucks is we couldnt have paired with him with KP, that would be one of the better young duo's in the league.
    If we are talking him up as a #3 guy, maybe a #2, fine. But gets old seeing him mentioned as a star, or seeing him compared to perennial all stars/HOFers. Hopefully he gets there. But to have confidence he does, is quite a stretch

  6. #3696
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,946
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    If we are talking him up as a #3 guy, maybe a #2, fine. But gets old seeing him mentioned as a star, or seeing him compared to perennial all stars/HOFers. Hopefully he gets there. But to have confidence he does, is quite a stretch
    im confident he'll be an all star caliber player, maybe not a perennial all star but at least a guy that makes 1 or 2 teams. with an outside chance of becoming a franchise guy.

    i also think we're going to see a big jump next year from him, I think he'll be around 20ppg instead of creeping up slowly. I think the real good ones tend to take a big leap year 2.

  7. #3697
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,757
    So now 19 year olds are finished product lol i guess guys like pg13 and kawhi were super stars at that age too

  8. #3698
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,222
    Let's entertain this farce.

    Want to know the Suns' record with Devin Booker who is in is 5th season as a Sun? All atrociously bad. Every sub .500 record, the Suns KEEP saying we need another piece...and another piece...and time to develop.

    I think, Devin Booker is an exciting scorer. I just am not sure he makes everyone around him better.

    He NEEDS an exceptional supporting cast, at least ONE Hall of Famer to make a difference.

    The Knicks will have to give up SEVEN unprotected First Rounders in order not to have someone from Phoenix hang up.

  9. #3699
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,408
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    So now 19 year olds are finished product lol i guess guys like pg13 and kawhi were super stars at that age too
    No one said that. Did I say finished product?

  10. #3700
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,408
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    im confident he'll be an all star caliber player, maybe not a perennial all star but at least a guy that makes 1 or 2 teams. with an outside chance of becoming a franchise guy.

    i also think we're going to see a big jump next year from him, I think he'll be around 20ppg instead of creeping up slowly. I think the real good ones tend to take a big leap year 2.
    Agree, year 2 is a solid indicator

    I also hope thereís a roster that lets us all properly evaluate, instead of continuing to talk about how the lineups donít allow a guy to succeed.

  11. #3701
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    No one said that. Did I say finished product?
    No but you said you don't see super star

    It's way to early rj could be a star or even a bust still

  12. #3702
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,946
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    No one said that. Did I say finished product?
    i mean you're kind of viewing him that way I think, comparing him to Pierce who at 19 was in college and not anywhere near RJ's level.

    If you project his jumper to improve as it absolutely should and like Pierce's did, there's a much higher ceiling for RJ.

  13. #3703
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Let's entertain this farce.

    Want to know the Suns' record with Devin Booker who is in is 5th season as a Sun? All atrociously bad. Every sub .500 record, the Suns KEEP saying we need another piece...and another piece...and time to develop.

    I think, Devin Booker is an exciting scorer. I just am not sure he makes everyone around him better.

    He NEEDS an exceptional supporting cast, at least ONE Hall of Famer to make a difference.

    The Knicks will have to give up SEVEN unprotected First Rounders in order not to have someone from Phoenix hang up.
    Yea bro its probably not worth it especially when we could just sign Oladipo and keep rj and mitch
    Last edited by east fb knicks; 07-06-2020 at 09:54 AM.

  14. #3704
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,595
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Just for ***** and giggles...

    Would you do (and would the Suns do):

    Randle/DSJ/Knox + 2020 picks + Dallas picks for Booker? Itís a substantial package but feel like it could get it done.

    Then sign Gallo, Wood, Melo, bring back Dot, Bullock, Taj, call up Peters/Sanon:

    Frank-Booker-RJ-Gallo-Mitch
    Harper-Dot-Bullock-Melo-Wood
    Peters-Sanon-Iggy-Wooten-Taj

    I actually like that squad a lot. And weíd still have all our own picks moving forward.
    This is more of what we should be offering.

    And if that happens, then you don't sign Gallo and Wood. You sign Gallo and FVV.

  15. #3705
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,408
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    i mean you're kind of viewing him that way I think, comparing him to Pierce who at 19 was in college and not anywhere near RJ's level.

    If you project his jumper to improve as it absolutely should and like Pierce's did, there's a much higher ceiling for RJ.
    Pierce had the jumper already. Itís always the same story here, ďhe will learn to shootĒ, or ďhe will learn to defendĒ. Itís not that easy. If it was, everyone in the NBA would shoot and defend at solid levels. Work ethic and good attitude doesnít always equal big improvement

    Anyways, letís get back on topic and discuss the draft lol. All argue about how good Cole will be, or why Hayes sucks, thatís fun too

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •