Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 246 of 316 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 4729

2020 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Man Duke won most of their games with the offense running through RJ after fat boy blew out his shoe. As exciting as Zion is comes just as many doubts. He isn't dominating anyone in the NBA yet. When they played the Bucks the Freak ate his lunch. You guys are still drunk off the Zion cool aid the media has been feeding. RJ was Dukes leading scorer and assists. Too me Ja was the real #1 pick because Greg Oden proved that without being consistently healthy it doesn't matter how good you could be. I think Zion will be a really good player but he is no LeBron, Kobe or MJ...

RJ is just as versatile as Zion, not as strong or athletic but the same game. He is so underrated to me. Zion wouldn't have looked any better on this lousy Knicks team as Randle did. Knicks coaching would have tried to make him into Draymond as well and he isn't that either...not yet.

RJ is actually a lot better at involving his teammates than Zion who uses brute force all the time to score. RJ is strong but also very clever. RJ reminds me a lot of a young Paul Pierce and I think that is his ceiling.

Obi Toppin carried Dayton who beat a bunch of very good teams 29-2 is a remarkable feat when the entire defense is designed to stop him.

Zion had 3 other NBA talents on his team...2 other lottery picks that were in the draft with him. You can't even name another player on a 29-2 Dayton NCAA tournament team...lol
    good post. If I had never seen any of those guys play Iíd think it was a reasonable opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 07-06-2020 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Nah i mean id only trade rj and mitch if i knew Giannis is coming

If we somehow can trade for d book without giving up rj and mitch id do that right now lol
    Lol RJ and Mitch? Oh god
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Lol RJ and Mitch? Oh god
    I would do that trade yesterday if thatís all it took to get Booker here. Regardless of whether we get Giannis or not.

Mitch isnít going to be cheap for much longer and itís not like heís irreplaceable. Booker is a massive upgrade on RJ and is still young.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I would do that trade yesterday if thatís all it took to get Booker here. Regardless of whether we get Giannis or not.

Mitch isnít going to be cheap for much longer and itís not like heís irreplaceable. Booker is a massive upgrade on RJ and is still young.
    Nah that would be a huge mistake you only pull the trigger if another star wants to come here

**** that lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Trade our two best assets for one player. Bookers Aweosme heís clearly not winning by himself lol and the suns have good talent. Iíd trade RJ and picks but not everything thatís short sided and dumb. Bookers not even better than Carmelo at the point we traded for him and yíall cried about that lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

New 2019-20 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Nah that would be a huge mistake you only pull the trigger if another star wants to come here
    I donít see how it would be a huge mistake. Booker is about to be 24 years old and is one of the better 2s in the league. Sign Wood to replace Mitch and then Giannis can potentially replace Randle next year.

This year:

Wood
    Randle
    Bullock
    Booker
    LaMelo/Hayes (hopefully)

Next year (potentially), maybe sign Bivís guy Hayward to play the 3

Wood
    Giannis
    Hayward
    Booker
    LaMelo/Hayes

Our 2021 pick should still be pretty good as well so that will help add talent moving forward.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 07-06-2020 at 02:22 AM.

Just for ***** and giggles...

Would you do (and would the Suns do):

Randle/DSJ/Knox + 2020 picks + Dallas picks for Booker? Itís a substantial package but feel like it could get it done.

Then sign Gallo, Wood, Melo, bring back Dot, Bullock, Taj, call up Peters/Sanon:

Frank-Booker-RJ-Gallo-Mitch
    Harper-Dot-Bullock-Melo-Wood
    Peters-Sanon-Iggy-Wooten-Taj

I actually like that squad a lot. And weíd still have all our own picks moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Just for ***** and giggles...

Would you do (and would the Suns do):

Randle/DSJ/Knox + 2020 picks + Dallas picks for Booker? Itís a substantial package but feel like it could get it done.

Then sign Gallo, Wood, Melo, bring back Dot, Bullock, Taj, call up Peters/Sanon:

Frank-Booker-RJ-Gallo-Mitch
    Harper-Dot-Bullock-Melo-Wood
    Peters-Sanon-Iggy-Wooten-Taj

I actually like that squad a lot. And weíd still have all our own picks moving forward.
    That deal barely gets us buddy

Rj and mitch would have to go d book is locked up for a long time pho has no need to trade him

I donít see how it would be a huge mistake. Booker is about to be 24 years old and is one of the better 2s in the league. Sign Wood to replace Mitch and then Giannis can potentially replace Randle next year.

This year:

Wood
    Randle
    Bullock
    Booker
    LaMelo/Hayes (hopefully)

Next year (potentially), maybe sign Bivís guy Hayward to play the 3

Wood
    Giannis
    Hayward
    Booker
    LaMelo/Hayes

Our 2021 pick should still be pretty good as well so that will help add talent moving forward.
    If we get lamelo i would probably do it but that would mean we got a top 3 pick

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Man Duke won most of their games with the offense running through RJ after fat boy blew out his shoe. As exciting as Zion is comes just as many doubts. He isn't dominating anyone in the NBA yet. When they played the Bucks the Freak ate his lunch. You guys are still drunk off the Zion cool aid the media has been feeding. RJ was Dukes leading scorer and assists. Too me Ja was the real #1 pick because Greg Oden proved that without being consistently healthy it doesn't matter how good you could be. I think Zion will be a really good player but he is no LeBron, Kobe or MJ...

RJ is just as versatile as Zion, not as strong or athletic but the same game. He is so underrated to me. Zion wouldn't have looked any better on this lousy Knicks team as Randle did. Knicks coaching would have tried to make him into Draymond as well and he isn't that either...not yet.

RJ is actually a lot better at involving his teammates than Zion who uses brute force all the time to score. RJ is strong but also very clever. RJ reminds me a lot of a young Paul Pierce and I think that is his ceiling.

Obi Toppin carried Dayton who beat a bunch of very good teams 29-2 is a remarkable feat when the entire defense is designed to stop him.

Zion had 3 other NBA talents on his team...2 other lottery picks that were in the draft with him. You can't even name another player on a 29-2 Dayton NCAA tournament team...lol
    I donít think you could be farther off with these thoughts on Zion. And what doubts are there? Kid came in after a long injury layoff, and put up 23/7 in just under 30 minutes a game, and was a plus in the majority of said games, shooting almost 60%. If RJ did anything near that, NYC would have thrown a parade for him already

And RJ reminds you of Pierce? A Paul Pierce that cant shoot, I guess. Dude had that jumper from day one

I don't think the Pierce comp is bad, Pierce wasn't a 3pt shooter in college, and he shot under 70% at the FT line. he kinda came out of nowhere to shoot 41% his rookie year, but then went back down to 34% his 2nd year. he even had a 2 year stretch where he shot 30% from 3 after that, took him a while to really become consistent.

Pierce was also 2 years older than RJ coming in. I'm not worried about RJ's 3pt shooting, it was a concern coming in but he shot 32% on decent volume and his 3pt and FT trended up. he seems like the kind of guy that works hard and keeps getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I don't think the Pierce comp is bad, Pierce wasn't a 3pt shooter in college, and he shot under 70% at the FT line. he kinda came out of nowhere to shoot 41% his rookie year, but then went back down to 34% his 2nd year. he even had a 2 year stretch where he shot 30% from 3 after that, took him a while to really become consistent.

Pierce was also 2 years older than RJ coming in. I'm not worried about RJ's 3pt shooting, it was a concern coming in but he shot 32% on decent volume and his 3pt and FT trended up. he seems like the kind of guy that works hard and keeps getting better.
    Midrange..that was his go-to throughout his career. He was a near-50% shooter in college. And while on low volume, he did shoot 35% overall from 3, so I wouldnít say out of nowhere
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-06-2020 at 08:41 AM.

All of these players sound nice. Who knows, maybe one of them might be the next transcendental player.

I just want the Knicks to sac up and go after who they want.

The Knicks froze and settled for Jordan Hill when Steph Curry was there.

The Knicks settled for Kevin Knox when Luka Doncic was there.

The Knicks settled for RJ Barrett when Zion Williamson was there.

There's always a way. I don't want to hear the "can't" or "other team won't..." NOW is the time to change this franchise's mindset.

I don't expect a championship winner...but go out there and fill that need.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Midrange..that was his go-to throughout his career. He was a near-50% shooter in college. And while on low volume, he did shoot 35% overall from 3, so I wouldnít say out of nowhere
    RJ shot over 45% in college too and attempted more 3's. his efficiency was right there with pierce and if we're comparing freshman year to freshman year RJ blows Pierce away.

35% on low volume, if we're being honest RJ's freshman college year was WAY better than Pierce's and he played a much tougher schedule.

He's ahead of Pierece's trajectory, doesn't mean he'll reach Pierce level but I don't doubt RJ. He's a basketball feen from a basketball family like Kobe and he works hard and has a good IQ. physically he's the ideal guard/SF There's no reason to doubt him.

He was put in a real tough spot playing with Randle & Payton last year, I don't think you could have handpicked two worse guys to put around him even if you tried. I think if we have a decent roster that gives RJ some space he can be a 20/5/5 guy as soon as next year.