Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    One of the best fantasy series for sure, no doubt at all

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelan View Post
    Tough question actually, my answer would depen on my mood actually, I am a huge fantasy book fan but I end up reading lots of different genres.

My favorite book right now is the first volume of The witcher books, The Last Wish introduced me to such an awesome fictional universe I can't help but love it.
    If you like fantasy, read Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen, of course, the first three books of George RR Martin's Game of the Throne series.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Of Mice and Men

The Winter of our Discontent, and read this for the first time in my Freshman year of College

No Cryin' In Baseball - Please Read and Follow -

https://nocryininbaseball.blogspot.com/

https://twitter.com/nocryinbball

Genesis.

"Read" it in 6th grade.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

My favourite book is master and margarita by Boulgakov.

my favorit book is 'A Brief History Of Time' by Stephen Hawking
    It explains in very general terms the history of the universe, how it works, and what itís eventual fate will be.
    I first read it in 1988.Since then I have read it 7 times

I was that kid that used to read the sides of the cereal box, nutritional ingredients and all, every morning that I sat down to have a bowl of cereal. Women aside, reading was my first love.

Hard to say what my favorite novels are, though. I can't pin it down to just a handful of authors or books. Some of them others have already mentioned in this thread. But the list could probably be measured in astronomical units. Frost. Tolkien. Coelho. Sanchez. Stoker. Dumas. Poe. Neruda. King. Moorcock. Homer. Vonnegut. Asimov. Sagan. Wilde. Anthony (Piers). Dostoevsky. Gibran. Steinbeck. Lustbader. Saberhagen. Giovanni. Du Bois. Attanasio. Lee (Harper). Malory. Hickman. Goodkind. Weiss. Wright (Richard). Martin. Nin. Philip Josť Farmer. Baldwin. Kipling. Campbell. Ellison. Capote. Feist. Tennyson. Did I mention Marion Zimmer Bradly yet? And on and on and on.
    Last edited by RaiderLakersA's; 12-28-2020 at 05:33 PM.

1984 and 1Q84 are incredible books.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Of Mice and Men
    Yes! Steinbeck at his finest

My favorite book is Kerouac - On the Road. I reread it last year.

I read electric kool-aid acid test in the late 80's or early 90's. What was amazing was how many places I was while this story was going and how much I was not aware of it at the time. It was a good read, don't know if it would be as good if you weren't around in the 60's.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    I read electric kool-aid acid test in the late 80's or early 90's. What was amazing was how many places I was while this story was going and how much I was not aware of it at the time. It was a good read, don't know if it would be as good if you weren't around in the 60's.
    I read it and super dug it.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I read it and super dug it.
    When I read the part about the Avalon being shutdown my buddy an I left about 2 in the morning and I read in the chronicle that they were shut down a day or two later. Some of the stuff in speedway meadows, I was there but I was 14 or 15 when they giving away full baggies of pot.

I used to usher at the Berkley community theater and it was interesting to crowd watch, the dead crowd would all come in smoking and not worried and the Crosby Stills and Nash crowd was hiding it and sneaking puffs
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

How to lie with statistics

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234