Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 107
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    23,545

    State of the Union 2020

    last year State of the Union had it's own thread.
    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...on-2019-thread

    enough information for 2020 to have it's own thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,952
    Trumpís campaign rally was probably successful.

    Heís a douche. The GOP has lost its mind. Dems keep finding a way to **** up what should be like the easiest win ever.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    5,108
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Trumpís campaign rally was probably successful.

    Heís a douche. The GOP has lost its mind. Dems keep finding a way to **** up what should be like the easiest win ever.
    With a strong economy (assuming it still is in November), it would be hard to defeat a sitting President. But if the Democrats were smart, they would have not impeached at all and waited until around early October to spring the Ukraine story on the public. They could have made it the Trump version of Hillary Clinton's e-mail scandal, which cost her the 2016 election. Instead, all the Ds have is a failed attempt at removal through impeachment (assuming today's vote goes in favor of Trump).

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    31,854
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    With a strong economy (assuming it still is in November), it would be hard to defeat a sitting President. But if the Democrats were smart, they would have not impeached at all and waited until around early October to spring the Ukraine story on the public. They could have made it the Trump version of Hillary Clinton's e-mail scandal, which cost her the 2016 election. Instead, all the Ds have is a failed attempt at removal through impeachment (assuming today's vote goes in favor of Trump).
    Yep. Presidents up for re-election presiding over a strong economy tend to win. I think it more likely than not President Trump is re-elected.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    5,108
    You gotta love the Democrats not applauding a soldier's surprise visit to his wife and kids. I'm surprised those bastards didn't boo him. But judging from his wife and daughter's reactions, I have a feeling they knew ahead of time that he was in the building. {LOL}

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    23,545
    I didn't watch any of the State of the Union. I have only seen things this morning.

    from what I've read Trump did not mention impeachment. that should be noted as he wasn't bitter and using this to push his innocence.

    Trump should have shook Nancy Pelosi's hand. that could have shown a willingness to work with Democrats despite their words/actions towards him.

    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    23,545
    there were many things Trump said that should have been supported by both sides, Republicans and Democrats. that didn't happen. they can't even be happy for a 4th grader given a scholarship.

    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    23,545
    Democratic Kyrsten Sinema deserves credit, as do any Democrats that did stand/clap for things.
    Democrats also deserve to be criticized for when they did not stand/clap. the same thing should be said about Republicans when Obama was President during his SOTU.

    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    31,854
    It is funny that Conservatives say Liberals play identity politics and this State of the Union is just Trump playing identity politics with all the black people he was highlighting.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    10,670
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It is funny that Conservatives say Liberals play identity politics and this State of the Union is just Trump playing identity politics with all the black people he was highlighting.
    And the super bowl too. He's really trying to court that black vote.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    91,950
    So this man got a Medal of Freedom.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    23,545
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    So this man got a Medal of Freedom.

    you can be against this without being stupid. there is no need to drop something about white. especially on the same night when Trump also gave away something to someone black.


    for the record I'm also against this.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I don't know much about the Medal of Freedom.
    I see this from wikipedia..



    what did Rush Limbaugh do to deserve this? I don't know enough about Rush Limbaugh either, but I don't think he deserved this.

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/04/polit...dom/index.html



    charity work is good, but there should be a lot more to get this.

    it's sad/unfortunate that Rush Limbaugh has cancer, but that shouldn't earn him this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    5,108
    The best part of the SUA was when Trump called out sanctuary cities and the dangerous criminals they protect.

    The worst part of the speech was when Trump called for prayers in public schools. That's unconstitutional -- a violation of church/state separation. If you want your kid to pray in school, have him/her attend a private Christian based school, where prayer isn't a constitutional violation. By the way, I'm a Christian. (What's weird is that Reagan also supported public school prayer -- one of his rare mistakes.)

    Something that Rush Limbaugh got away with: I heard him with my own ears say that sexual harassment of women in the workplace is not a big deal.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    3,739
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    With a strong economy (assuming it still is in November), it would be hard to defeat a sitting President. But if the Democrats were smart, they would have not impeached at all and waited until around early October to spring the Ukraine story on the public. They could have made it the Trump version of Hillary Clinton's e-mail scandal, which cost her the 2016 election. Instead, all the Ds have is a failed attempt at removal through impeachment (assuming today's vote goes in favor of Trump).
    You act like this is some big game. The Ukraine story broke when it did because a whistleblower came forward, not because the Dems "chose" to make it a story.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

    -JFK


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    3,739
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    The best part of the SUA was when Trump called out sanctuary cities and the dangerous criminals they protect.

    The worst part of the speech was when Trump called for prayers in public schools. That's unconstitutional -- a violation of church/state separation. If you want your kid to pray in school, have him/her attend a private Christian based school, where prayer isn't a constitutional violation. By the way, I'm a Christian. (What's weird is that Reagan also supported public school prayer -- one of his rare mistakes.)
    Trump is not even a Christian. I have no idea how anyone can fall for his act. He is truly sewer scum.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

    -JFK


Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •