Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 107
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    10,989
    I feel sorry for you if this is the main focus of your life. Yes, the world is unfair and harsh, but there is a lot of joy and love to be had in it and you are closing yourself off from it. You will get no grief or angry from me, you got enough already.
    Last edited by WES445; 02-10-2020 at 09:32 PM.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    10,989
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    what is new here is who is being attacked. when was the last time (before Trump) when hundreds of people were being attacked for nothing other than supporting the President? people now haven't done anything wrong, these are regular/normal people. this isn't extremes fighting extremes like the white nationalists and Antifa in Charlottesville. I don't remember a lot of stories with people being attacked for supporting then President Obama
    Though he wasn't a president and they weren't a political group, but take a look at the life and times of Martin Luther King and the civil rights movement.

    He was killed, members and activists were killed, hounded and harassed. Bloody Selma, where peacefull marchers were set on by attack dogs and water hose for just protesting for their rights. They dug the bodies of black and three Jewish kids from the Mississippi river who were killed by the KKK for trying to register poor blacks to vote. It is pretty hard for me to shed tears for what Trump and his supporters are going through. Yeah, it is rough but at the end of the day Trump will still have his billions and his supporters live in comfortable safety in comparison to that group. No one is plotting to kill them. So, man up and take the slings and arrow that is thrown your way for standing up for what you believe in. To bellyache and moan about the treatment they and you get is silly and make you look like a bunch of wussies.

    I am sure you will still think that Trump and his supporters have it much worst, otherwise you wouldn't be able to play the victim card. To feel that self-righteous anger of being wronged.

    You really need to find some joy in your life and focus on that. Isn't that what life is all about? I can't imagine you being on your death bed wishing you had made more people realize the pain and tribulations that Trump and his followers suffered. That would be a wasted life.
    Last edited by WES445; 02-10-2020 at 10:21 PM.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    24,677
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Then call out the specific arguments, right now you are just playing the team game. The left does this to these people who are on the right!...
    because that is literally who is doing it.

    you yourself bring up the far right in racist white supremacists. I don't think I've ever seen you talk about the same people on the far left, guess you're just playing this far right game.


    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    In 2017 there were 8,437 incidents of hate crime. You mentioned there are hundreds of examples but even in comparison to actual hate crimes that number doesn't remotely compare and other identities are still targeted.

    Right here you even say it though, the difference for you is WHO. Your approach towards this group of who is clearly different than all the other groups and people can see it/the extreme bias.
    do these hate crimes eliminate what I'm bringing up? make them meaningless? how about not using some other problem (that I also think is bad) to deflect away from what I'm talking about.







    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I feel sorry for you if this is the main focus of your life. Yes, the world is unfair and harsh, but there is a lot of joy and love to be had in it and you are closing yourself off from it. You will get no grief or angry from me, you got enough already.
    I just want these to get the proper attention.

    imagine it from this perspective. imagine if the media was ignoring racism. imagine many different black people being targeted/shot for nothing, no evidence of anything being done wrong, just targeted for nothing other than being black and millions of people including the mainstream media simply did not care. I bet you would see that as a problem.

    now replace black with Trump supporters. random Trump supporters who have done nothing wrong are being targeted and physically attacked for nothing other than this reason, and a lot of people including the mainstream media simply do not care.

    I'm not trying to say this is an equal comparison because I know racism is a much bigger issue, but these are the people this is happening to and many don't care.


    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Though he wasn't a president and they weren't a political group, but take a look at the life and times of Martin Luther King and the civil rights movement.

    He was killed, members and activists were killed, hounded and harassed. Bloody Selma, where peacefull marchers were set on by attack dogs and water hose for just protesting for their rights. They dug the bodies of black and three Jewish kids from the Mississippi river who were killed by the KKK for trying to register poor blacks to vote.
    It is pretty hard for me to shed tears for what Trump and his supporters are going through. Yeah, it is rough but at the end of the day Trump will still have his billions and his supporters live in comfortable safety in comparison to that group. No one is plotting to kill them. So, man up and take the slings and arrow that is thrown your way for standing up for what you believe in. To bellyache and moan about the treatment they and you get is silly and make you look like a bunch of wussies.

    I am sure you will still think that Trump and his supporters have it much worst, otherwise you wouldn't be able to play the victim card. To feel that self-righteous anger of being wronged.

    You really need to find some joy in your life and focus on that. Isn't that what life is all about? I can't imagine you being on your death bed wishing you had made more people realize the pain and tribulations that Trump and his followers suffered. That would be a wasted life.
    now imagine all of the bold and the media simply didn't care and didn't bother to cover it. that is my issue, that people including the media don't even care.

    people should be able to say that anyone being attacked is wrong. I would say the same thing if many Bernie Sanders supporters were being attacked, or any other Democrat.

    don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    5,112
    I heard Pelosi actually broke a law with the speech tearing. They can get her for destroying an official government document. But there's got to be more than one copy of the speech laying around, isn't there? I'm sure Trump himself has a copy, since it was his speech.

    If she is penalized, what would the penalty be? Maybe a fine? Or the incident could just blow over.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    24,677
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    I heard Pelosi actually broke a law with the speech tearing. They can get her for destroying an official government document. But there's got to be more than one copy of the speech laying around, isn't there? I'm sure Trump himself has a copy, since it was his speech.

    If she is penalized, what would the penalty be? Maybe a fine? Or the incident could just blow over.
    apparently it wasn't illegal because it was a photocopy.

    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...d-very-illegal

    President Trump claimed Friday that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) committed a crime by ripping up a copy of his speech at the State of the Union on Tuesday evening, a claim that was immediately disputed as false by legal experts.

    “I thought it was a terrible thing,” Trump told reporters at the White House before departing for a speech in North Carolina. “It’s illegal what she did. She broke the law.”

    Trump asserted that Pelosi was barred from ripping up the speech because it is an official document, later calling it “very illegal.”

    Glenn Kirschner, a legal analyst and former federal prosecutor, disputed Trump’s claim, telling The Hill that a photocopy of a speech is not an official record.

    “The federal law prohibiting the destruction of public records or government documents does not apply,” Kirschner said in a text message.


    "No prosecutor with half an ounce of common sense would ever charge this case," said Elie Honig, another legal analyst. "The law isn't meant to criminalize destruction of copies of ceremonial documents."

    don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    32,861
    Anyone who knew anything about public records knew she didn't break any laws.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    10,989
    Let them dream on and play the victim card.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    92,333
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    I heard Pelosi actually broke a law with the speech tearing. They can get her for destroying an official government document. But there's got to be more than one copy of the speech laying around, isn't there? I'm sure Trump himself has a copy, since it was his speech.

    If she is penalized, what would the penalty be? Maybe a fine? Or the incident could just blow over.
    Ten seconds of Googling before posting this next time.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  9. #99
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,830

    State of the Union 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    because that is literally who is doing it.

    you yourself bring up the far right in racist white supremacists. I don't think I've ever seen you talk about the same people on the far left, guess you're just playing this far right game.




    do these hate crimes eliminate what I'm bringing up? make them meaningless? how about not using some other problem (that I also think is bad) to deflect away from what I'm talking about.









    I just want these to get the proper attention.

    imagine it from this perspective. imagine if the media was ignoring racism. imagine many different black people being targeted/shot for nothing, no evidence of anything being done wrong, just targeted for nothing other than being black and millions of people including the mainstream media simply did not care. I bet you would see that as a problem.

    now replace black with Trump supporters. random Trump supporters who have done nothing wrong are being targeted and physically attacked for nothing other than this reason, and a lot of people including the mainstream media simply do not care.

    I'm not trying to say this is an equal comparison because I know racism is a much bigger issue, but these are the people this is happening to and many don't care.




    now imagine all of the bold and the media simply didn't care and didn't bother to cover it. that is my issue, that people including the media don't even care.

    people should be able to say that anyone being attacked is wrong. I would say the same thing if many Bernie Sanders supporters were being attacked, or any other Democrat.
    Yes, in response to your takes I am to show that you don't care about anything but the teams. You claim to have a standard but only apply it one way is what I am showing by using those other examples.

    Nope. Again it is to show you don't care about bad things done towards others. You only care and post this way, in an obviously extreme manner no one else uses towards others, due to the team not any action/standard as you ignore or downplay worse actions towards other identities.

    The media doesn't report about every single act of racism though searching through Twitter and so on. Imagine if news stations did this, it would be all that they cover. Again 8000+ incidents in a year just with hate crimes. The media doesn't take this approach towards race and you aren't either. It's only you and only one identity being treated far different

    The reason media doesn't do this is even they have higher standards despite being horrible themselves. It's only the further right/extreme sites you share taking this approach. The media does cover certain stories just like with others though, you shared one just the other day reported by many.

    Imagine if everyone posted like you did regularly about random events and so on blaming teams and making people answer for it. Lol you see how that creates issues and polarization in itself right? Everyone is the victim blaming random people not associated with bad actions just based on teams/identity. That's your approach here and why it's the real issue, making other people answer for random stuff playing victim in a team game


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mngopher35; 02-11-2020 at 03:44 PM.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    10,989
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Yes, in response to your takes I am to show that you don't care about anything but the teams. You claim to have a standard but only apply it one way is what I am showing by using those other examples.

    Nope. Again it is to show you don't care about bad things done towards others. You only care and post this way, in an obviously extreme manner no one else uses towards others, due to the team not any action/standard as you ignore or downplay worse actions towards other identities.

    The media doesn't report about every single act of racism though searching through Twitter and so on. Imagine if news stations did this, it would be all that they cover. Again 8000+ incidents in a year just with hate crimes. The media doesn't take this approach towards race and you aren't either. It's only you and only one identity being treated far different

    The reason media doesn't do this is even they have higher standards despite being horrible themselves. It's only the further right/extreme sites you share taking this approach. The media does cover certain stories just like with others though, you shared one just the other day reported by many.

    Imagine if everyone posted like you did regularly about random events and so on blaming teams and making people answer for it. Lol you see how that creates issues and polarization in itself right? Everyone is the victim blaming random people not associated with bad actions just based on teams/identity. That's your approach here and why it's the real issue, making other people answer for random stuff playing victim in a team game


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    You should have seen his posts in the Black issue Thread. It fully highlighted his double standards. Even here he equates what the opposition did to MLK and the civil rights activists with what Trump and his supporters are going through now.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4,070
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    I heard Pelosi actually broke a law with the speech tearing. They can get her for destroying an official government document. But there's got to be more than one copy of the speech laying around, isn't there? I'm sure Trump himself has a copy, since it was his speech.

    If she is penalized, what would the penalty be? Maybe a fine? Or the incident could just blow over.
    No law was broken. Where did you "hear" this? Breitfart?
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

    -JFK


  12. #102
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    24,677
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Yes, in response to your takes I am to show that you don't care about anything but the teams. You claim to have a standard but only apply it one way is what I am showing by using those other examples.
    I didn't even bother reading past here because you're wrong. name any far right terrorist/racist group and I have no problem condemning them and saying they are wrong. I've said multiple times now if Democrat supporters were being attacked I would feel the same way about them.
    you're delusional and only see what you want to see.







    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    You should have seen his posts in the Black issue Thread. It fully highlighted his double standards. Even here he equates what the opposition did to MLK and the civil rights activists with what Trump and his supporters are going through now.
    I specifically said the opposite. did you not even see this.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I'm not trying to say this is an equal comparison because I know racism is a much bigger issue, but these are the people this is happening to and many don't care.

    don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  13. #103
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,830
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I didn't even bother reading past here because you're wrong. name any far right terrorist/racist group and I have no problem condemning them and saying they are wrong. I've said multiple times now if Democrat supporters were being attacked I would feel the same way about them.
    you're delusional and only see what you want to see.









    I specifically said the opposite. did you not even see this.
    I am so shocked you stopped reading something that went against your initial/extreme bias only to miss the point and ignore the context of the conversation. One of us certainly is acting delusional and only see's what they want, probably the guy who openly admits to not looking at things he doesn't want to see lol.

    It doesn't matter if you say those groups are bad. I have called tons of stuff you pointed out in our conversation bad and it wasn't enough. Again with the double standards.

    The point isn't that you never have ever once called out anyone else. The point is you are only focused on a certain team, not any actual standard. You are willing to call far right/racist groups out, wow. I am willing to call out extremists on the left too. Again though that isn't an acceptable standard for you when it works the other way as you have shown.

    You constantly demand others answer about individual topic after topic and so on over random incidents (including very minor things like swearing) for some while not taking that approach when bad things happen to others. No one else is taking this approach other than extreme sites etc. and it is only done so towards right wing/trump. I have asked for you to share anyone else doing so and you have been unable.

    If I say it is bad that isn't good enough. If I don't comment on it then I am ignoring the problem to you. Even when I say it is bad you often accuse me of not caring. Yet this is how you approach every identity except for Trumpers/right wing as I don't see thousands of posts about hate crimes/terrorism happening towards those other groups. The difference is you set the standard of calling these things out AND only do it one way. Everyone else is consistent in not whining about one of their identities constantly in the manner you keep doing just for this one.

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...carolina-video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH3Vz37rlpY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0R7M9dWWb8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZPUW3B6h6g
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-yxRLVWsLg (covers study showing 300 examples of right wing violence per year)

    Here are some examples of people who seem to be left/anti Trump being attacked, you said this doesn't happen. I shared proof that other identities are attacked more already and via actual hate crimes. None of it ever matters to you though, you will just keep not ever focusing on anything else while bringing up random acts against Trump/right and demand others answer for it in extreme biased/double standard fashion.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 02-11-2020 at 08:19 PM.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,830
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    You should have seen his posts in the Black issue Thread. It fully highlighted his double standards. Even here he equates what the opposition did to MLK and the civil rights activists with what Trump and his supporters are going through now.
    I can only imagine lol

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    10,989
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I didn't even bother reading past here because you're wrong. name any far right terrorist/racist group and I have no problem condemning them and saying they are wrong. I've said multiple times now if Democrat supporters were being attacked I would feel the same way about them.
    you're delusional and only see what you want to see.









    I specifically said the opposite. did you not even see this.
    You shouldn't have even try to use the movement or blacks in the same paragraph as Trump and his supporters. I can understand a historically prosecuted group using the movement in comparison to their struggle like gays, Native Americans, jews but not a bunch of Trump supporters. As I said, Trump will still be a billionaire and his followers live in safety at the end of the day. You just can't exchange one with the others because one has been historically prosecuted to the extreme while the others are being wussies because they get some push back for the stance they have taken not because of the color of their skin.
    Last edited by WES445; 02-12-2020 at 10:09 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •