Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angels acquire Joc Pederson; Deal is now off

Dodgers Trade Joc Pederson to the Angels for an infielder Luis Renegifo.

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2020/02/04...-luis-rengifo/

probably not a big enough move to warrant its own thread, but it makes sense for the Dodgers, he's expected to make like 9 million, and is in the last year of his contract, and they have more OF than open spots.

There is talk there could be more moving parts, including a pitcher going back to the angels.
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 02-05-2020 at 02:33 AM.

10:30pm: The Angels will also acquire outfielder Andy Pages, Kiley McDaniel of ESPN reports. The 19-year-old Pages slashed a phenomenal .298/.398/.651 with 19 home runs in 279 plate appearances at the rookie level last season. FanGraphs rated the Dominican Republic native as the Dodgers’ 29th-best prospect last May.

10:14pm: This trade will include more players, pending medical reviews, Passan tweets. The Angels will also get “a big league starter and a prospect,” while the Dodgers will pick up a prospect along with Rengifo, per Fabian Ardaya of The Athletic.

8:54pm: The Angels are set to acquire outfielder Joc Pederson from the Dodgers, Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic first reported. The Dodgers will get infielder Luis Rengifo in the deal, per Jeff Passan of ESPN.
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...-pederson.html

3. 02-05-2020, 02:25 AM
    Reason
    Stop with the attention seeking - Rush

I moved it here, ciaban, because it is obviously thread worthy and Pederson is not a nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I moved it here, ciaban, because it is obviously thread worthy and Pederson is not a nobody.
    He's a platoon player. Who hasn't even made an All-Star game in the last what 5 years.
    And I don't want to get into some long protracted debate about what is and isn't thread worthy since your just going to ban me for having the audacity to disagree (also, there is no clear cut standard for what is and isn't which has been my complaint all along)

Dude every time you guys do this I freak out and think I ****ed up and made a thread, and that I'm going to be infracted for it. Please, in the future, if you really feel something I posted in the MLB News thread is thread worthy just make a thread on your own, I don't need credit.
    I don't appreciate you doing this.
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 02-05-2020 at 09:48 PM.

As an update to this thread;
    https://sports.yahoo.com/ross-stripl...171125471.html
    Ross Stripling appears to be part of the deal.

There is no word on what else is going back to the dodgers, however.

Stripling has 3 years left, and can both start and relieve.
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 02-05-2020 at 09:48 PM.

Lord help us.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    He's a platoon player. Who hasn't even made an All-Star game in the last what 5 years.
    And I don't want to get into some long protracted debate about what is and isn't thread worthy since your just going to ban me for having the audacity to disagree (also, there is no clear cut standard for what is and isn't which has been my complaint all along)

Dude every time you guys do this I freak out and think I ****ed up and made a thread, and that I'm going to be infracted for it. Please, in the future, if you really feel something I posted in the MLB News thread is thread worthy just make a thread on your own, I don't need credit.
    He has made the all star game in the last 5 years. Had a career year last season, put on a show in the home run derby and has probably been the Dodgers best postseason player these past 4 or 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie BettS View Post
    He has made the all star game in the last 5 years. Had a career year last season, put on a show in the home run derby and has probably been the Dodgers best postseason player these past 4 or 5 years.
    He made the all-star team exactly 5 years ago, hitting dingers in the home run derby is fun but it doesn't translate to wins on the field. He's been ok in the postseason, it doesn't change that he's a platoon player with a weak arm.

He made the all-star team exactly 5 years ago, hitting dingers in the home run derby is fun but it doesn't translate to wins on the field. He's been ok in the postseason, it doesn't change that he's a platoon player with a weak arm.
    Useful player. Don't see why you are upset that a thread was made.

You did say in the last 5 years. Since there has been only 5 all star games in the last 5 years, you were wrong unless they had one today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie BettS View Post
    Useful player. Don't see why you are upset that a thread was made.

You did say in the last 5 years. Since there has been only 5 all star games in the last 5 years, you were wrong unless they had one today.
    I guess technically it has been in the last 5 years, though it was quite a while ago, and him being useful doesn't make this that big of a trade. Ross Stripling going back with him makes this trade much bigger/more interesting.

Angels needed to balance out their lineup since Ohtani is the only LHH they have who is guaranteed to start over 50% of the time. Good move by them.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Angels needed to balance out their lineup since Ohtani is the only LHH they have who is guaranteed to start over 50% of the time. Good move by them.
    The addition of Stripling is far more valuable, they need quality innings so ****ing bad.

As an update to this thread;
    https://sports.yahoo.com/ross-stripl...171125471.html
    Ross Stripling appears to be part of the deal.

There is no word on what else is going back to the dodgers, however.

Stripling has 3 years left, and can both start and relieve.
    dude.... wow

Baseball has its own version of the Iowa caucus right now with these trade hold-ups.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast