Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 144
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,689
    Not a bad move. I'm not to upset mookie seemed to not wanna be here anymore. So trading him was needed. Plus they got rid of price witch in it self is a huge win. He might have a great year. But that dude just never fit here

    Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

  2. #47
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    45,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
    *Sarcasm*
    True....but I find the better descriptor to be *poor attempt at humor*.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    100,912
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Teams don't just do nothing while their opponents get better if they can help it. Sometimes the corresponding move is to punt the season and trade assets like the Redsox did after the Yankees got Cole. The Dbacks probably aren't making another move, but the Padres GM was given a mandate by ownership to make the playoffs this year, I don't know why wondering what move they'll make to counter the ones of their division rivals is so ****ing verboten.
    So yeah, I wonder what moves we csan expect from the Giants/Padres/Rockies
    Giants signed Wilmer Flores!

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,189
    look i commend the dodgers for paying whatever to improve but having the best team on paper has done what exactly? They are now going to resign betts and lose players because of betts which is fine i guess... but betts doesnt stop this

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX9kib0TLkQ

    do i like the dodgers? no... is this a good move yes... is it a great move? not sure... will it equal a championship? probably not.


    i am legit curious... how many times over the last few years did their pitching fail them compared to their offense?
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 02-05-2020 at 05:57 AM.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,529
    The Dodgers lineup is horrifying now. As for Price, his post season struggles will help him fit right in.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Giants signed Wilmer Flores!
    Dat's true, though IDK if that's enough of a move to keep up.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
    Where is all of the crying about the Dodgers trying to buy a championship. They have been doing it for years, unsuccessfully, now. Thatís why no one cares. Give them the all star team every year and it wonít matter. Just something about that uniform I guess. They could mess up a wet dream.....lmao!
    Most of the core is homegrown though, and they're buying the best players, they usually trade for them.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,667
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
    Unreal. Dodgers bail out the Red Sox again (not nearly as bad as the last one though) The Dodgers relieve the Sox of a huge chunk of salary by taking Price (awful) and send Verdugo a young budding MLB star. Plus Graterol. Sox didn't need Betts in order to win 4th place in 2020. They made out great in the deal. Of course it hurts Red Sox fans to see Betts move on but they have more money to sign him now. They owed Price $32M/yr for the next 3 years!
    I dont really see how this can be seen as the Dodgers bailing out the Sox again. They made a deal for one season of the guy that is widely considered to be the second best player in the game and a pitcher that was among the most dominant before he came to Boston and had issues with the media. I think this is much more about the Dodgers falling short and pushing all their chips into the middle of the table without mortgaging their future by giving up one of their top two prospects. If you can add Betts to their lineup and keep your top two future pieces you do that everytime. Especially when cash is a none issue to a team like the Dodgers.

    Blood, Sweat and Beards!!!!!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    3,936
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Sounds like Gatorade.
    I've seen this kid pitch and his fastball is electric. He can hit 100+ with movement. It could be a dominant pitch if he is a reliever. His slider projects as a plus pitch and his change-up is coming along (low 90s speed). The change moves quite a bit, and the slider can get anyone out.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    14,190
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    look i commend the dodgers for paying whatever to improve but having the best team on paper has done what exactly? They are now going to resign betts and lose players because of betts which is fine i guess... but betts doesnt stop this

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX9kib0TLkQ

    do i like the dodgers? no... is this a good move yes... is it a great move? not sure... will it equal a championship? probably not.


    i am legit curious... how many times over the last few years did their pitching fail them compared to their offense?
    With the exception of 2017, it seems like the Dodgers have always hit poorly in the postseason after 1988. Offense has always been their kryptonite once the postseason begins.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,781
    It's amazing how well teams have sold fans on the idea of bad contracts. All things considered, the Sox did well is a common sentiment. They are a team with good young talent and just traded away one of the best players in the game and a pitcher who is still useful to save money. Sure, they got some decent prospects back, but they should have legit been title contenders and should have been pushing towards that, not willingly downgrading the team. Their tax bill last year was $12 mill. For a team like Boston, that's nothing.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    It's amazing how well teams have sold fans on the idea of bad contracts. All things considered, the Sox did well is a common sentiment. They are a team with good young talent and just traded away one of the best players in the game and a pitcher who is still useful to save money. Sure, they got some decent prospects back, but they should have legit been title contenders and should have been pushing towards that, not willingly downgrading the team. Their tax bill last year was $12 mill. For a team like Boston, that's nothing.
    Sox have good young talent, depleted farm system, and top 5 player on a 1 year deal with zero willingness to sign extension unless he gets Trout $. If Sox didn't get under the luxury tax threshold this year they would lose a draft pick plus pay another higher rate of luxury tax.
    Sox chose to get something now for Mookie rather than let him walk and get a comp pick which they may lose with the "cheating scandal." The Sox were not a championship caliber team. The homer Sox fans would disagree with me but I'm a realist. We were lucky to win in 2018 as we had no business beating both he Yankees and Astros to meet the Dodgers int he World Series.

    The move was about the long term health of the Red Sox championship prospect as oppose to going for it 1 more.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Sox have good young talent, depleted farm system, and top 5 player on a 1 year deal with zero willingness to sign extension unless he gets Trout $. If Sox didn't get under the luxury tax threshold this year they would lose a draft pick plus pay another higher rate of luxury tax.
    Sox chose to get something now for Mookie rather than let him walk and get a comp pick which they may lose with the "cheating scandal." The Sox were not a championship caliber team. The homer Sox fans would disagree with me but I'm a realist. We were lucky to win in 2018 as we had no business beating both he Yankees and Astros to meet the Dodgers int he World Series.

    The move was about the long term health of the Red Sox championship prospect as oppose to going for it 1 more.
    There was a 0 chance the Sox won next year so it was the right move from a business standpoint.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,781
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Sox have good young talent, depleted farm system, and top 5 player on a 1 year deal with zero willingness to sign extension unless he gets Trout $. If Sox didn't get under the luxury tax threshold this year they would lose a draft pick plus pay another higher rate of luxury tax.
    Sox chose to get something now for Mookie rather than let him walk and get a comp pick which they may lose with the "cheating scandal." The Sox were not a championship caliber team. The homer Sox fans would disagree with me but I'm a realist. We were lucky to win in 2018 as we had no business beating both he Yankees and Astros to meet the Dodgers int he World Series.

    The move was about the long term health of the Red Sox championship prospect as oppose to going for it 1 more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    There was a 0 chance the Sox won next year so it was the right move from a business standpoint.
    This is exactly my point. A team that was good enough to win 2 years ago has convinced fans they aren't good enough to win now and instead of investing more into the team to try to win now while they have one of the top 5 players in the game, they trade that player away for a somewhat underwhelming return so they can also dump a contract of a decent pitcher. And that's been pitched to fans as an absolutely neccesary thing to do, otherwise they would lose a pick and have to pay the luxury tax, which really isn't even that large of sum.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,083
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Dat's true, though IDK if that's enough of a move to keep up.
    The Flores signing was announced hours before the Mookie deal, clearly the Dodgers are terrified of the Giants' glut of middle infielders and over reacted.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •