Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Modesto
    Posts
    2,557

    Giants sign Wilmer Flores to multi year deal

    The Giants and free-agent infielder Wilmer Flores have agreed to a multi-year deal, ESPNís Jeff Passan reports (via Twitter). The 28-year-old spent the 2019 season with the division-rival Diamondbacks.

    More to come.

    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...er-flores.html

    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

    Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    39,101
    Good signing. Just waiting to hear contract details.

    He was right around an average hitter or noticeably better the past four seasons.

    2016- .336 wOBA/114 wRC+
    2017- .331 wOBA/107 wRC+
    2018- .316 wOBA/102 wRC+
    2019- .358 wOBA/120 wRC+

    His fielding and base running abilities leave something to be desired though.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Modesto
    Posts
    2,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Good signing. Just waiting to hear contract details.

    He was right around an average hitter or noticeably better the past four seasons.

    2016- .336 wOBA/114 wRC+
    2017- .331 wOBA/107 wRC+
    2018- .316 wOBA/102 wRC+
    2019- .358 wOBA/120 wRC+

    His fielding and base running abilities leave something to be desired though.
    I think if some of the older guys don't perform they will ride the pine
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

    Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    47,799
    Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    I think if some of the older guys don't perform they will ride the pine
    Dubon at SS and Flores at 2B sounds chill to me.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,086
    Dubon might be moving to CF, or so the rumor mill says.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    47,799
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    Dubon might be moving to CF, or so the rumor mill says.
    Sounds more like they trying to turn him in to a more versatile utility player than specifically a CF'er.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    47,799
    2019 Flores highlights.

    https://youtu.be/EFwptesa2AY

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    7,062
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    2019 Flores highlights.

    https://youtu.be/EFwptesa2AY
    I just read on Roto the deal is for 2 years and over 6 million with an option for Ď22. Pretty nifty glove in that highlight 👍🏼. Also handy with the steel if you know what I mean. He will be a great asset on those days where the lineup wants to trend into a funk. Good pickup.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •