Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    we cant do anything right. awful timing.

obviously good that MIlls is gone, but i almost wonder if Perry is even worse?

He engineered the KP trade.

and he seemingly tried to recreate the 2000's Pistons teams with payton instead.

for a minute I actually thought Mills was on the right track when we signed THJR and no i'm not joking. he preached modern shooters that could push the ball, athletic and play multiple positions at the time. then Perry came in and we seemed to switch gears to this Pistons Bully ball stuff.
    Mills was on board and Perry's boss for the KP trade. He is absolutely partly responsible.

Lol, Mills probably proposed something so stupid that even Dolan knew he had to get him out of here beforr deadline

This leads me to believe we probably do not make any major decisions at the deadline. Maybe sell off some guys but most likely we are not making a big trade. Who the **** really knows though.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Mills was on board and Perry's boss for the KP trade. He is absolutely partly responsible.
    not saying he's good at all or not responsible for anything, I just get the feeling this roster is more of a Perry doing and I hope this doesn't mean we are going to war with Randle & Morris long term.

we cant do anything right. awful timing.

obviously good that MIlls is gone, but i almost wonder if Perry is even worse?

He engineered the KP trade.

and he seemingly tried to recreate the 2000's Pistons teams with payton instead.

for a minute I actually thought Mills was on the right track when we signed THJR and no i'm not joking. he preached modern shooters that could push the ball, athletic and play multiple positions at the time. then Perry came in and we seemed to switch gears to this Pistons Bully ball stuff.
    Mills was the head of the basketball operations. He runs the department under his vision and has final say. If he was letting Perry do his own thing, then that's poor leadership and still warrants being fired.

Let's face it, the new President of Basketball Ops is going to want to bring in his own GM. I imagine Perry won't have much power before then for better or worse.

not saying he's good at all or not responsible for anything, I just get the feeling this roster is more of a Perry doing and I hope this doesn't mean we are going to war with Randle & Morris long term.
    Trying to remember if it was Perry or Mills who said they won't trade any first round picks. I'll bet that's the biggest disagreement right there.

What to do with Morris was also probably an issue.
    Last edited by Garrett2010; 02-04-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Trying to remember if it was Perry or Mills who said they won't trade any first round picks. I'll bet that's the biggest disagreement right there.
    Mills.

My very cynical take:

Mills knew he needed to hit it big or else he was gone. Heís probably angling for a D-Lo or Markannen-level move.

Perry knows heís probably gone too, but wants to save face for his future. Heís in Dolanís ear saying if you want Masai, you canít trade young players and draft picks because Masai may want to go in his own direction.

That convinces Dolan to oust Mills, and his primary goal is getting Masai here next yr.

Wouldnít be surprised to see Perry angling for a job as Asst. GM with Masai.

Quote Originally Posted by fendera7x View Post
    Mills was the head of the basketball operations. He runs the department under his vision and has final say. If he was letting Perry do his own thing, then that's poor leadership and still warrants being fired.

Let's face it, the new President of Basketball Ops is going to want to bring in his own GM. I imagine Perry won't have much power before then for better or worse.
    like i said they both suck but Perry was the GM and this roster seems more his doing to me at least. he's openly compared it to the 2000 Piston teams he was part of.

it worries me that Perry seems to have "won" here, i wanted them both gone.

Mills probably proposed Dolan on trading Randle for Rozier and even Dolan had to laugh at him for that.

Thatís one possibility. The others that came to mind were whether or not to trade guys like Knox and Frank and whether or not to target a splashy move to save their jobs.

Wow..

Only thing Iím really worried about now, is it possible Perry wanted to do even dumber stuff, and Mills wouldnít let him?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    My very cynical take:

Mills knew he needed to hit it big or else he was gone. Heís probably angling for a D-Lo or Markannen-level move.

Perry knows heís probably gone too, but wants to save face for his future. Heís in Dolanís ear saying if you want Masai, you canít trade young players and draft picks because Masai may want to go in his own direction.

That convinces Dolan to oust Mills, and his primary goal is getting Masai here next yr.

This is actually my hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    My very cynical take:

Masai is under contract next year.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Finally something good related to Knicks yawns

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast