Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: More Surprising

More Surprising

Which is more surprising?

Kyle Shanahan losing another double digit 4th quarter lead in the Superbowl or Chiefs coming back from double digits in every game this post season.

Double digit comeback in every game. Up 10 in the 4th vs KC isn't even remotely a safe lead imo.

Shanahan. Dude is so hung up on 28-3 that he refuses to allow the score to be 28-3 by going for 2. I fully expected him to just run the ball all game, but sure enough he turns the game to his QB and flops. The Chiefs comebacks are impressive but they were also playing teams they didn't have any business trailing. The 49ers comeback is most impressive but the 49ers offense gave them a hand by being awful in the 2nd half.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

I don't recall any baffling decisions made by Shanahan to end the game -- at least not on par with the plays he called in the loss against the Patriots.

The Chiefs had/have a very explosive offense that can create big plays at any time. I actually wasn't expecting the 49ers to lead by 10 points in the 4th. Credit to the 49ers for making Mahomes seem off for most of the game.

its def not all on him... kaep missed a wide open easy touchdown pass every NFL qb should make that would have ended the game... the dude had like 4 yards on the covering guy

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    its def not all on him... kaep missed a wide open easy touchdown pass every NFL qb should make that would have ended the game... the dude had like 4 yards on the covering guy
    kaep?

am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    kaep?

am I missing something?
    Jimmy and Kaep are the only 49ers to throw INTs in a superbowl. Shrug.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    kaep?

am I missing something?
    when i typed this i was reading reddit where idiots that were saying the 49ers win this game if they had kept kaep... so he was on my mind. my bad

The most surprising was the 49ers leaving the Chiefs players wide open all the time and presenting them with the win on a silver platter because of it.

It was as if the defensive strategy wasn’t focussed on stopping the receivers making the catch but limiting yards gained after the catch. What I am interested in knowing is if not covering the receivers was a coaching decision or if the players on the field were doing a garbage job at their assignments. Even Stevie Wonder should be able to see that playing like they did would give away the game to KC sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    when i typed this i was reading reddit where idiots that were saying the 49ers win this game if they had kept kaep... so he was on my mind. my bad
    The 49ers win this game if they had played some decent God damn man-coverage at the start of the 4th quarter and stopped that 3rd & 15 and a couple of other completely unnecessary first downs. Those were thé game deciders right there.

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    The most surprising was the 49ers leaving the Chiefs players wide open all the time and presenting them with the win on a silver platter because of it.

It was as if the defensive strategy wasn’t focussed on stopping the receivers making the catch but limiting yards gained after the catch. What I am interested in knowing is if not covering the receivers was a coaching decision or if the players on the field were doing a garbage job at their assignments. Even Stevie Wonder should be able to see that playing like they did would give away the game to KC sooner or later.
    I think it's a decent strategy to focus on avoiding explosive plays when facing the Chiefs. That means you'll give up lots of underneath stuff but it is what it is. The 49ers defense was still good enough to make Mahomes look off for most of the game. Personally I blame the 49ers offense for losing the game in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    The 49ers win this game if they had played some decent God damn man-coverage at the start of the 4th quarter and stopped that 3rd & 15 and a couple of other completely unnecessary first downs. Those were thé game deciders right there.
    I'm not putting Richard Sherman on Tyreek Hill in man coverage.

Shanahan has been outscored 40 to 0 in the 4th quarter of the Superbowl as an offensive play caller. Oof.