Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Wasnt pretty but got the win. Good fight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees, Eagles, Sixers, NYRangers

Coming off a physical win in Carolina, I honestly thought the Rangers were going to get their arse kicked at home vs the rested Sharks. I figured these young guys haven't acclimated to a long NHL season with back2back games.

For the better part of 2 periods, Igor carried the team. Sloppy pass by (I think deAngelo) led to a Evander Kane breakaway who had the Rangers D by the ball sac but Igor prevented him from making the Defense pay. Then another situation where the Sharks (along with Carolina) are picking up that Adam Fox is a genius offensively but he seldom hits a guy...and he split Staal & Fox who BOTH just stood there. Igor again with a big save. The only guy who is perfectly paired with Fox is Lindgren.

Guarantee you if the person who had the puck was Ovechkin, Crosby or Bergeron...he doesn't miss.

But am I being too critical of Fox. No, he might me the most gifted offensive defenseman since Paul Coffey. Why guys check in the open ice is NOT to be a brute but to FORCE him to make a decision sooner rather than later. When a guy waits...and waits...and waits for a guy holding the puck in front of the net, it's a death sentence for the goalie.

Last night, the Rangers really got lucky.

Next three games are HUGE: vs Isles (Tues) then the Home & home vs Philly. Those three games might tell us whether or not this team is playoff bound.

Timashov was placed on waivers by the Maple Leafs on Sunday, Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet reports.

The 23-year-old has seen a limited role with the big club this campaign, accumulating nine points, 34 shots and 83 hits across 8:06 of average ice time in 39 games. Timashov will likely finished the 2019-20 campaign with AHL Toronto should he go unclaimed off waivers. 12:21 pm (EST)

Hes someone Id claim, hes not gonna be a star but with 83 hits in 39 games could be good for our 4th line. Give us a little more physicality.

Darren Dreger
    @DarrenDreger
    55m
    Hopes of a new contract between Chris Kreider and the New York Rangers are fading. Obviously, if the negotiation doesnt shift in the hours ahead, Kreider will remain the top available player on the TSN Tradebait Board leading up to tomorrows deadline.

One thing I'm sure we can all agree upon is this,I'm sure glad Sather isn't in charge today!

According to Larry Brooks, Kreider's group asking for at least $7M/season and a SEVENTH year in a new contract. That's nuts. So wait, the Rangers will still be paying at age 36? Nuts.

It reminds me A LOT of what the Rangers are dealing with right now: Staal, Smith, and Lundqvist are basically $18M in dead weight for next season.

Now, Gorton's draft of two season ago where he drafted a defenseman with every pick will haunt them. Who's going to replace 30 goals? No one is ready yet for that responsibility.

Rangers needed THREE guys: Panarin, Kreider, and Mika piling up goals to make it within 4 pts of the 8th seed. That's how insane the East is.

Huge mistake,this has got Staal,Giradi,and Hank written all over it

Welp...Igor broke a rib. Buch shook up. Lundqvist is a suspect. After years of c/o bad contracts, Kreider is back for SEVEN years. I guess Rangers are going to let Strome and Fast walk at season's end.

Wow, Skjei got the short end of the stick in the Kreider signing.

Skjei to Carolina for a 1st Rd pick.

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Huge mistake,this has got Staal,Giradi,and Hank written all over it
    I wouldnt really lump Hank in with those two. If it werent for Igor forcing his way into the starter spot, Hank would likely very capably be the starter here.

I agree with your point though. You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain. Thats the fate the organization has chosen for Kreider.

I would have been quite happy with 4 years and accepted 5, but 7 is way too much. I guess well see in time how this turns out, but Im not very optimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rangers had to move Skjei in order to make room for Kreider's deal and possibility of re-signing deAngelo. Guess Strome & Fast will have to wait till the off-season? Maybe?

B. Smith being the replacement makes me wince. Guess Hajek has been a disappointment in Hartford. Same with Rykov.

Gorton made the comment that Smith would move into the line-up but he would have to speak to Quinn about what he wants to do.

I did read on the comments of one of the twitter guys that maybe is Rykov who gets called up because the clause on his contract. I guess hes got an out clause should he not be brought up.

For me Id like to see him come up since hes a physical defenseman who likes to hit. But Hajek has been up and has speed and is a good stickhandler. But I guess well see come tomorrow.

We should have 2 open spots since Shesterkin will be put on the IR and we moved Skjei. Plus we will have to see what happens with Buchnevich since right now hes day to dayMay miss a game or two.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 02-24-2020 at 08:00 PM.

Tom Urtz Jr.
    @TomUrtzJr

1h
    From the presser: Jesper Fast was not traded.

Tom Urtz Jr.
    @TomUrtzJr
    "Keeping him was something we felt was important for our organization." JG

Vince Z. Mercogliano
    @vzmercogliano
    1h
    Gorton the Skjei trade:

"Its going to be a strong draft. We just felt like the position we're in, to add another first-round pick, to have some flexibility with the cap when you add it all up, we just felt it was the right move."

Also mentioned "organizational depth" at LHD.

Blueshirt Banter Retweeted

Tom Urtz Jr.
    @TomUrtzJr

1h
    Smith likely the immediate option on LHD, but Hajek's name was mentioned as well. JG still needs to talk with Quinn.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast