Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Youíre knit picking, yes Zucker has a career year, 1 yr where he had 64 pts and 33 goals. But overall or avg. wise or. Looking at both players worst years or looking at playoff productionó-no matter how you put it Kreider is better. And if Kreider was put on a line with Crosby and/or Malkin his numbers would still be better than Zucker, so thatís not a valid argument. And again size, speed, physicalityóKreider is better. Thereís no way Zucker is better than Kreider. Yes Zucker has a cheap contract and that contract will be less than what Kreider will get but thatís because Zucker is an inferior player to Kreider. Yes we are hampered by the fact the we wonít be able to re-sign Kreider and that could effect what we could get in return unless we can start a bidding war for him and therefore raise the return for him. But in a perfect world Kreider is worth more than Zucker, period.

This is killing us:

Tom Urtz Jr.
    @TomUrtzJr

Feb 10
    If the goal is for next year's team to take a step forward, it is going to be tight. Not accounting for % increase

$16,505,200 for nine spots
    $6,912,500 in potential performance bonuses
    $7,494,444 in dead money
    Yes I am nit picking. Thatís the point. Kreider is the better player, for sure. Iím not arguing that statement. However, Zucker, because of his contract situation, which is pretty much ideal, and the fact that he is not a far drop off in production, he is the better value in the trade. Teams value those extra years, especially when they are able to make the money work, which the Penguins have done by sending Galchenyuk the other way. Itís a move that makes them better for the next 3 years, not just this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Four game win streak is the BEST of the Rangers this season.

Never rarely do I ever post but I do a lot of reading. We cannot get anything going on this power play in the 2nd.

Yankees, Eagles, Sixers, NYRangers

we played a hard what? 15 minutes today?I thought Lindgren played a real good game

with how young this team is, they legit got beat as Boston's defense was really tough. the score was closer than what the game showed but we hung in there
    Yankees, Eagles, Sixers, NYRangers

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    we played a hard what? 15 minutes today?I thought Lindgren played a real good game
    I felt around 8 mins.....if the coach from Letterkenny was there he'd have kicked the garbage can.

True. The Rangers lost to the better team. A few things to note:

1. The first Boston goal was a crazy redirection, up in the air, over the shoulder goal. No one saw it coming. Lucky bounce.

2. Bruins are the dirtiest team in the league. Marchand boarded McKegg. Lindgren checks him in neutral zone. Marchand rabbit punches him. NO CALL. Then in front of the goal, Lindrgen is shoving guys out of the way. Whistle. Bergeron cheap shots Lindgren. Lindgren shoves him back. Merchand cross checks him, takes the penalty. Bergeron gets NOTHING.

3. Lindgren gets sliced up, giving the Rangers a 4-minute POWER-LESS play! Why? The Rangers are a North-South team. They can't forecheck. They don't grind. And to beat Boston you gotta get PHYSICAL and screen. Watching Boston D, trip up the passing lanes was unbearable.

4. Trouba makes a critical mistake on the power play that leads to a goal the other way. DUMB. Rangers are terrible at protecting the puck. Pulling both defensemen on a power play is a death rattle.

5. Z gets the goal because Buchnevich screens the goalie. Hey Rangers, THAT'S how you beat a team like Boston. You're going to have to take a beating in front to win.

6. Empty netter was coming. This team is not ready for Boston until they protect the puck better. Rangers have better talent. Bruins play a better system.

7. Rangers D on Pasternak or whoever was BRILLIANT.

We just traded Keane to Carolina for Gauthier. His scouting report from elite prospects reads like this:

An explosive power forward who boasts an elite-level skill package. Takes nothing for granted and plays with hard-nosed work ethic. Tremendous vision and outstanding hockey sense; thrives under pressure and doesn't stray from the high-percentage play. Willingness to play physical and win battles in his own end makes him a vital asset, stepping up at the game's key moments. Exceptional skating ability allows him to stay with, if not ahead, of each unfolding play. Refined puckhandling skills allow him to maintain puck control at breakneck speeds. All-in-all, a prolific scorer whose attitude and innate abilities will constantly propel him into dominance. (Curtis Joe, EP 2016)

Julien Gauthier has drawn well-deserved comparisons to current NHLer Rick Nash. He has an imposing frame, dazzling puck skills, and the drive to win. Learns from his past mistakes and implements new strategies to counteract them. [EliteProspects 2016]

Julien Gauthier, RW, N.Y. Rangers (traded from Carolina on Feb. 18)

Gauthier was the No. 56 prospect on my midseason ranking so he becomes the Rangersí No. 3 ranked prospect. Heís a bit of a divisive prospect when you talk to scouts because he has a tremendous toolkit but also is an inconsistent player. I highlighted him as a player who may be moved because of Carolinaís roster crunch and his impending waiver status. I like the player because I think a player with his size, great skating and skill who can score will find a way to become an NHL player. I know some scouts who question his hockey sense, but I think it will be good enough. I think he could be a middle-six NHL winger with the upside to be a second-line winger.
    -Corey Pronman

9. Julien Gauthier, RW, 22 (Charlotte Checkers)

Anytime youíre 6-foot-4, you can skate with power and speed off the rush, and you can overpower goalies with a hard shot, youíre probably going to work your way into an NHL role. Heís not going to surprise defenders with passes through their feet or a slick pass on the power play but Gauthier can get to the net to finish off plays or score from long range. Though he can be a little one-dimensional, he should thrive with a playmaking centre who can get him the puck and the Canes have no shortage of that player type on the way. Iím actually a little surprised he hasnít been given more of an NHL look this season. Heís one of the better scorers in the AHL these days.
    -Scott Wheeler

Saw this on blueshirts station by Steve Paulus dated 22 hrs ago.

Elliotte Friedman reports on TSN that the Florida Panthers are willing to listen to offers for center Vincent Trochek and they are looking for defensive help.

That immediately set off a fever of speculation on social media that a Trochek for Brady Skjei deal would help both teams. On the surface, it makes sense. Trocheck is only 26 and is two season removed from a 31 goal, 75 points season. He is also a good face off man, with a lifetime winning percentage of 51.3%, an area the Blueshirts are sorely lacking.

Trochek is signed for two years after this one at an annual cap hit of $4.75 million. The Rangers couldnít take on that kind of salary unless it was an even cap hit swap and thatís where Brady Skjei and his $5.25 million annual hit comes in. The only consideration is that if Gorton was to offload Skjei, it would probably be in a cap clearing trade and this one definitely is not.

The common thinking is that a Trochek arrival would mean that the Rangers could give up on trying to re-sign Ryan Strome. Without Strome, the odds of their inking Tony DeAngelo to a new deal becomes much more possihle.

Listening to NHL Network this afternoon,sportswriter says we should get a first,conditional second and a top prospect for Kreider(sorry I forgot his name) he also said it would take about 7 years and 7-7.5 to get it done,he also felt the negotiations going on now are a smoke screen to drive the price up for Chris. He also felt Boston and Colorado were the two top landing spots

Hmmm...a few thoughts:

1. As much as I HATED seeing Joey Keane go, Julien Gauthier is absolutely what the Rangers have missed since Rick Nash traded/retired. It's a mutually beneficial trade. Keane knows how to hit. He can muscle a guy who parks in front of the goalie. Carolina fans will love him. Julien Gauthier is a 6'4" monster who can create his own shot, outmuscle and frustrate teams like the Bruins by parking in front and redirection. Also he can forecheck.

The Rangers BADLY need guys who can forecheck. You saw how EASILY Boston killed that 4 min power play because they KNEW the Rangers were a predictable North/South speed skating team. So clogging the passing lanes was effective in turning it into a powerless play.

2. I lost respect for Blue Shirt Banter when they gave Trouba a D+ rating but mentioned none of things he's done. One, he leads all defensemen in hits by 25. Two, he's logged A LOT of minutes. Three, he's a terrible fit with Skjei. That's why he's had lapses.

3. Having said that, I don't buy this trade rumour for Trochek. He's a 5'10" Center that reminds me of Ryan Spooner, another speedy undersized guy who is SWATTED by big teams in the East: Boston, Washington, etc. Today's NHL are 6'2" monsters who can skate just as fast with freakish reach. I think the Rangers like Skjei even though they haven't found the right pairing for him.

quite a difference in the competition tonight,and certainly a lot more entertaining

I have to say I'm a little pissed at Chris Kreider for not playing this way most of his career when we all knew he could. He will go back to his old self once he gets what he wants. Move on

Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I have to say I'm a little pissed at Chris Kreider for not playing this way most of his career when we all knew he could. He will go back to his old self once he gets what he wants. Move on
    You know what? If you told me we'd get this guy for 4-5 years on a 7 I'd sign up,but like you I'm a little peed. We have seen flashes of this his entire career,but he hasn't put it together consistently till this season. I think we put him in bubble wrap and get the best deal out there. All reports are calling for a first a conditional and a top prospect,and like I said if you're a team looking for a guy that can really enhance your chances in the playoffs he looks like a sure thing.If I'm investing that kind of money and time I want a Panarin or a Gerrit Cole(different sport but you get my drift) a guy who competes night in and night out

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast