Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The New York Rangers are 5-5 going into a game where they should win against worst team in the West, Los Angeles Kings whom they are 4-0 at the Garden. That won't bring them any closer to making up the 10 pt deficit in the standings to make the playoffs.

They just can't get over the hump.

It's really frustrating and to make matters worse, an entire generation of Ranger fans who were too young for 1994 seem ok with it. Let's keep everyone. I nearly wanted to slap a kid. Get angry.

1 Cup over 78 seasons and counting...

The Rangers are at a critical juncture:

1. This team needs a top line forward who is rugged and hits, doesn't care about personal numbers, and balances out the scoring defensemen who can't.

2. This team needs an elite second line Center. I'm sorry but I see Chytil as an elite 3rd and a so-so second line center. Maybe in 3 years he has a growth spurt and then the Rangers will have to debate re-signing Mika. For now, he's still a ways away.

3. Damn. What I would give to move Strome, Brendan Smith, Marc Staal, Skjei and Lundqvist's contracts. It's ridiculous how much is owed to guys who (outside of Lundqvist) were blue collar guys made to look better thanks to Richards, St. Louis, & Mcdonagh. Even if it takes youth to MOVE these guys...please DO IT.

4. Learn to forecheck. This team cannot foreheck. They are DREADFUL at it.

Wouldn’t mind going after Mantha and Givani Smith, both would give us size and pretty decent speed. Smith on the 4th line, Mantha possibly for the 2nd line. Don’t want to compare them but Mantha could/should be able to benefit from playing with Panarin much like Josh Anderson did when placed with Panarin last year, 27 goals.

We have 2 scouts at the Philadelphia/Washington affialated AHL teams today.
    Last week we have 3 scouts at the Calgary/Edmonton NHL game. The following day Maloney who ‘s a scout for Calgary was at our game.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 02-09-2020 at 07:22 PM.

As the NHL season tics closer to the trade deadline, I'm wondering...Pavel Buchnevich will be a restricted free agent, does he stay or go? After a breakout season in his sophomore year in the NHL, Pavel's play has been mediocre with flashes of excitement but overall, he's on the verge of his 3rd consecutive decline in overall numbers.

Pavel's decline in numbers are partly due to the fact, Quinn has been designating wingers as a 3rd defenseman in stretches. Here's the problem, the defensemen are too offensive minded and it more often than not turns into a 1.5 defensemen "lock."

The Rangers are missing a REALLY rugged, Tom Wilson is a prime example of what the Rangers need. He's 6'4" wide body that screens goalies. While he may not have 30 goals/season, he makes up for it with rugged, scrappy game winning goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    As the NHL season tics closer to the trade deadline, I'm wondering...Pavel Buchnevich will be a restricted free agent, does he stay or go? After a breakout season in his sophomore year in the NHL, Pavel's play has been mediocre with flashes of excitement but overall, he's on the verge of his 3rd consecutive decline in overall numbers.

Pavel's decline in numbers are partly due to the fact, Quinn has been designating wingers as a 3rd defenseman in stretches. Here's the problem, the defensemen are too offensive minded and it more often than not turns into a 1.5 defensemen "lock."

The Rangers are missing a REALLY rugged, Tom Wilson is a prime example of what the Rangers need. He's 6'4" wide body that screens goalies. While he may not have 30 goals/season, he makes up for it with rugged, scrappy game winning goals.
    Buchnevich has one more season before he becomes a RFA. His points per game rates are .58 in ‘17-‘18, .59 in ‘18-‘19, and this year they’re down slightly to .55. He’s been mostly pretty good lately, and he’s actually starting to shake a streak of bad luck, so I could definitely see him improving on his points per game rate again this season.

Tom Wilson is not the player the Rangers are missing. Kreider is a far more effective player, and having said that, I would still advocate for trading him rather than keeping him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Urtz Jr.
    @TomUrtzJr
    · 13h
    If the goal is for next year's team to take a step forward, it is going to be tight. Not accounting for % increase

$16,505,200 for nine spots
    $6,912,500 in potential performance bonuses
    $7,494,444 in dead money https://twitter.com/BlueSeatBlogs/st...67455475290113

We don’t have the cap to re-sign Kreider, probably won’t have the money to re-sign ADA if he decides he’s worth more that we can give because he’s having a career year. I think we would have been more wiser had we offer a pick in order to trade Shattenkirk instead of just buying him out. The nearly 6 mil cap hit he’s gonna incur next year is really gonna hurt us.

Meanwhile Pittsburgh just gave Minnesota a 1st Rd pick Galchenyuk and a prospect for Zucker. Means we should be able to get more for Kreider.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Meanwhile Pittsburgh just gave Minnesota a 1st Rd pick Galchenyuk and a prospect for Zucker. Means we should be able to get more for Kreider.
    They gave up arguably their best prospect. Only thing is, Zucker is signed at a very reasonable rate for a few more years, where Kreider is a free agent after this year, and that’s one less team that will be driving up the price for Kreider.

Kreider is better than Zucker. They are both 28. But Zucker 132g-111a-243pts and is a plus 21( take away that 1 yr where he was a +34 and he’d be a minus player). Kreider is 153g-156a-309pts and a plus 61. Plus Kreider is bigger more physical and faster. While yes, Zucker is not a rental, I do think that we could get more for Kreider because he is not only better than Zucker but we can retain salary in a Kreider trade and there are plenty of teams near the cap who are looking to solidify their teams for a long playoff run.

Kreider is better than Zucker. They are both 28. But Zucker 132g-111a-243pts and is a plus 21( take away that 1 yr where he was a +34 and he’d be a minus player). Kreider is 153g-156a-309pts and a plus 61. Plus Kreider is bigger more physical and faster. While yes, Zucker is not a rental, I do think that we could get more for Kreider because he is not only better than Zucker but we can retain salary in a Kreider trade and there are plenty of teams near the cap who are looking to solidify their teams for a long playoff run.
    Kreider is not a substantial upgrade over Zucker, and you can’t argue 2-4 months of Kreider is worth 3+ seasons of Zucker, regardless of cap hit (which if you want to bring that up is why Galchenyuk was included, as he is a UFA after this season). I still expect Kreider to get a first and a prospect, but the caliber of prospect may not be what we’re hoping for.

What, Kreider is not a substantial upgrade over Zucker? Maybe to you the fact that Kreider has 23g 14a and 37 pts in 77 playoff games as opposed to Zuckers 4 g 4 a and 8 pts in 37 games mean nothing, but I think everyone else can see that one is productive and a proven playoff producer and 1 in clearly not. Anyone who’s interested in more than a rental can just sign him to an extension or at least as for a window to negotiate an extension before trading for him.

—————

Pierre LeBrun
    @PierreVLeBrun
    ·
    8h
    Avs coach announces on his radio show that Nazem Kadri is out longish term. Avs spokesman tells me it's week to week for Kadri who was injured Sunday night. Colorado was already in the market for a top-9 F so this may add some urgency to it.

————

erre LeBrun
    @PierreVLeBrun
    ·
    6h
    Could have been worse but still a huge blow for Oilers team in playoff race.
    Quote Tweet

Daniel Nugent-Bowman
    @DNBsports
    · 6h
    McDavid out two to three weeks with a quad injury, per Ken Holland. He’s back in Toronto until after upcoming road trip.

McDavid being out 2-3 weeks could kill Edmonton’s playoff hopes unless they make something happen, I.e. make a trade
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 02-11-2020 at 07:33 PM.

What, Kreider is not a substantial upgrade over Zucker? Maybe to you the fact that Kreider has 23g 14a and 37 pts in 77 playoff games as opposed to Zuckers 4 g 4 a and 8 pts in 37 games mean nothing, but I think everyone else can see that one is productive and a proven playoff producer and 1 in clearly not. Anyone who’s interested in more than a rental can just sign him to an extension or at least as for a window to negotiate an extension before trading for him.

—————

Pierre LeBrun
    @PierreVLeBrun
    ·
    8h
    Avs coach announces on his radio show that Nazem Kadri is out longish term. Avs spokesman tells me it's week to week for Kadri who was injured Sunday night. Colorado was already in the market for a top-9 F so this may add some urgency to it.

————

erre LeBrun
    @PierreVLeBrun
    ·
    6h
    Could have been worse but still a huge blow for Oilers team in playoff race.
    Quote Tweet

Daniel Nugent-Bowman
    @DNBsports
    · 6h
    McDavid out two to three weeks with a quad injury, per Ken Holland. He’s back in Toronto until after upcoming road trip.

McDavid being out 2-3 weeks could kill Edmonton’s playoff hopes unless they make something happen, I.e. make a trade
    While Zucker’s playoff numbers are absolutely trash (although they can surely be expected to shoot way up playing along side Malkin or Crosby), Kreider is scoring at less than .5 points per game, which isn’t great either for a player the team is counting on to contribute. Regular season on the other hand, Zucker’s rate is .53 vs Kreider’s .6. Not a big difference. Zucker has also had a 33 goals and 64 points in a season which Kreider hasn’t really come too close to.

And the team can’t just re-sign Kreider if they want to, he has to want to sign there, so that doesn’t really help his trade value. In the case the acquiring team is able to sign him, it will be at a substantially higher AAV and for a substantially longer term.

After last night's game, I don't think the Rangers will trade Kreider. He's on his way to career highs in goals. Buch being moved is 50/50. Kravtsov has similar skillset.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    After last night's game, I don't think the Rangers will trade Kreider. He's on his way to career highs in goals. Buch being moved is 50/50. Kravtsov has similar skillset.
    I tend to agree with you here, it's either gonna be a very interesting couple of weeks OR they'll deal with it after the season ends

You’re knit picking, yes Zucker has a career year, 1 yr where he had 64 pts and 33 goals. But overall or avg. wise or. Looking at both players worst years or looking at playoff production—-no matter how you put it Kreider is better. And if Kreider was put on a line with Crosby and/or Malkin his numbers would still be better than Zucker, so that’s not a valid argument. And again size, speed, physicality—Kreider is better. There’s no way Zucker is better than Kreider. Yes Zucker has a cheap contract and that contract will be less than what Kreider will get but that’s because Zucker is an inferior player to Kreider. Yes we are hampered by the fact the we won’t be able to re-sign Kreider and that could effect what we could get in return unless we can start a bidding war for him and therefore raise the return for him. But in a perfect world Kreider is worth more than Zucker, period.

This is killing us:

Tom Urtz Jr.
    @TomUrtzJr
    ·
    Feb 10
    If the goal is for next year's team to take a step forward, it is going to be tight. Not accounting for % increase

$7,494,444 in dead money
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 02-12-2020 at 09:59 PM.

You’re knit picking, yes Zucker has a career year, 1 yr where he had 64 pts and 33 goals. But overall or avg. wise or. Looking at both players worst years or looking at playoff production—-no matter how you put it Kreider is better. And if Kreider was put on a line with Crosby and/or Malkin his numbers would still be better than Zucker, so that’s not a valid argument. And again size, speed, physicality—Kreider is better. There’s no way Zucker is better than Kreider. Yes Zucker has a cheap contract and that contract will be less than what Kreider will get but that’s because Zucker is an inferior player to Kreider. Yes we are hampered by the fact the we won’t be able to re-sign Kreider and that could effect what we could get in return unless we can start a bidding war for him and therefore raise the return for him. But in a perfect world Kreider is worth more than Zucker, period.

This is killing us:

Tom Urtz Jr.
    @TomUrtzJr
    ·
    Feb 10

$7,494,444 in dead money
    Oh Man $7,494,444 in dead money??? This looks like my checking account when I was married!
    Seriously though,I know we'd love to keep Kreider,but how that gets done money wise I just don't know. If we're well aware of our cap restriction and hardship then so is every GM in the league. Is keeping Kreider (age,money,years) worth more than keeping Tony D? Brady S?
    Hank? thats a no brainer,we have 2 guys who can step in now and take his place.(for a lot less money)
    This is a tough one,I agree with you that Kreider is a better player that Zucker,and realistically speaking we're what 9 points out of a playoff spot? Have we shown any kind of consistency that makes us think we can make the playoffs?
    I think we should be commanding a kings ransom for him,and we should get it,the kind of hockey he's playing this year? If the shoe was on the other foot and we were one of those teams that was on the cusp of greatness and really being able to make a solid push for the CUP,we would be screaming every day for JD and Gorton to go get em.
    It should be a very interesting couple of weeks

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast