Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Dear Chicago,

Thank you for trading away Panarin. A few thoughts:

1. Rangers are 6 wins above .500

2. Rangers are 6 points from competing for the 8th seed.

3. Need another 6 for the devil.

4. Despite not registering a point, Gauthier's presence was felt. His speed and size drew much attention from the Hawks.

5. KZB line continues to click. Was this a farewell game?

6. Hits: #1 Trouba 144, #5 Skjei 97, #6 Smith 76 and Lindgren: 72...#16 Fox 27. No one questions Fox's offensive talents but his game is dependent upon Lindgren who does the grunt work: Preventing guys from parking in front of the net. Hitting guys in the neutral zone. Taking a beating when opposition forechecks.

7. Next game vs ailing Sharks. Not to look ahead but home & home vs Philly is HUGE.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. Detfink View Post
    dear chicago,

thank you for trading away panarin. A few thoughts:

1. Rangers are 6 wins above .500

2. Rangers are 6 points from competing for the 8th seed.

3. Need another 6 for the devil.

4. Despite not registering a point, gauthier's presence was felt. His speed and size drew much attention from the hawks.

5. Kzb line continues to click. Was this a farewell game?

6. Hits: #1 trouba 144, #5 skjei 97, #6 smith 76 and lindgren: 72...#16 fox 27. No one questions fox's offensive talents but his game is dependent upon lindgren who does the grunt work: Preventing guys from parking in front of the net. Hitting guys in the neutral zone. Taking a beating when opposition forechecks.

7. Next game vs ailing sharks. Not to look ahead but home & home vs philly is huge.
    #7 bingo!!!!

We still need to be realistic, while we are on a mini streak now doesnít mean we will make the playoffs and even if we did we will lose in the 1st Rd. Need to keep focused and make the trades for the future.

With that being said. Did you guys listen to Milbury before the game go on and on about Lundqvist. Saying It must be hard for Lundqvist to dress for every game and sit and watch these 2 kids play really well. Lundqvist should ask to be traded, the Rangers arenít going anywhere right now he might as well ask out and go to a team where he has a chance at a Cup. Thereís nothing wrong with asking for a trade.Bourque left to Colorado won a Cup and is still loved in Boston.

I must admit Lundqvists cap hit of 8.5 mil, would go a long way towards getting some guys signed. If he would ask to be traded and we could offer a draft pick to a team willing to take Smith and his 4.35 mil. cap hit off our hands( much like Toronto had to give up a 1st Rd pick to get rid of Marleau 6.25 mil. cap hit). That would also help.

Also just for s**ts and giggles: did you guys catch when Milbury said that was a great pass from Dylan Strome to Panarin on that goal. Yes I said Dylan not Ryan, Panarin took that pass and scored. Funny because knowing Dylan is a restricted free agent at seasons end and Chicago has yet to begin contract negotiations with Dylan it may mean that heís dealt. But of course Dylan has 82 pts in 105 games with Chicago since being traded to Chicago I should say. Thoí to be fair he only had 16 pts in 48 gms for Arizona. May ultimately mean they have no intention on signing him to a big contract. Also Chicago needs a goalie as their goalies will both be UFAs and it may be their priority to sign a goalie before spending on Dylan. Maybe thereís a trade there we can get done in the offseason.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 02-20-2020 at 09:46 PM.

True. The Rangers making the playoffs, won't lead to much more than a 1st Round knockout. However, the confidence in the youngest team in the NHL will carry over to the next season where the kids will HAVE to carry this team as more and more vets' contracts expire.

Having said that...

How loud is the message when the Rangers trade for a goalie in Philly for future considerations? Pretty much both Lundqvist who is owed $5.5M next season and Georgiev could be on the outs. I understand Henrik's reasons and the Rangers reasons. I just hope I never see Henrik play Philly and Tampa (again) who OWN him.

As for Kreider, having him sit out Fridays game...sounds like there's a deal in the works. It better be a monster deal for the Rangers. I'm talking 2 future first rounders, a marque prospect, and taking one of the Rangers bad contracts. Reason why I say this, the FA market this off-season is "meh."

The Rangers definitely need to make the playoffs next season.

Donít worry about the JF Berube trade. It has nothing to do with our team. Basically it was the Flyers looking move Berubes contract which doesnít allow for him to be sent down to the ECHL so they could bring up their top goalie prospect to the AHL. So We traded them McCollum, a goalie who could be sent to the ECHL and they had to take Zetter-Gossage off our hands to do it.

Panarin is a beast. So is Igor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees, Eagles, Sixers, NYRangers

BTW:

UP NEXT

GM Marc Bergevin has work to do with Montreal Canadiens
    NHL Rumors: Marc Bergevin, Ilya Kovalchuk, and Jeff Petry

Published on
    02/20/2020
    AUTHOR

Mark Easson

Scouting the Chicago Blackhawks and New York Rangers

Charlie Roumeliotis: Scouts listed to attend last nightís Blackhawks and Rangers game include the Tampa Bay Lightning (2), Boston Bruins, Carolina Hurricanes, Colorado Avalanche, Detroit Red Wings, Montreal Canadiens, Nashville Predators, Pittsburgh Penguins, St. Louis Blues, and the Washington Capitals.

Unless Kreider asks for more than $7.5M/season, the Rangers are re-signing him. There just aren't a lot of goal scorers available who will take under $10M/season.

Strome and Fast will be casualties. The Rangers won't ask for much. Easier to move. That additional cap space should help re-sign Kreider.

Then the Rangers can call up Kravtsov and bring over Henriksson (maybe).

Great game. Trouba went to the penalty box twice earlier in the first for the same penalty but other than that a pretty solid game. Igor with another great performance and got lucky on a few goals which went our way.

Obviously a great win,and I think the mom's coming is so cool! What a fantastic memory for the families!

Random thoughts:

1. Seventh straight road win. Booyah.

2. Igor making history. Booooyah.

3. Trouba gets too much hate from Ranger fans. Trouba was not brought in here to be the Rangers' Chara but he's making the most of the situation. He's a professional but he's not going to be picking up the dog sh#t his teammate leaves behind.

Case in point. The Power Play disaster. Quinn thought it was a good idea pairing Fox with Trouba. Brock storms into the Rangers zone. Fox drops back and PARKS! Fox is a very talented offensive defenseman but he lacks upper body strength. Statistically he's below Hajek in hits. Brock KNOWS this, he takes his time, skates in front of the goalie. Trouba is stuck. His man behind him. Trouba goes for Brock, He passes to the man behind him and he's got a point blank range on Igor. Trouba stays here, Brock has vision to take the shot. Trouba stays with his man but uses his stick, forcing Brock to make the shot. Brock does. Ranger fans rip Trouba apart.

Case #2: A. Svechnikov boards Skjei TWICE on the forecheck. Trouba comes over and uses his head like a drum. Gets the penalty. Blueshirtbanter moans. No, that's a GOOD penalty. Doing his JOB!

Rangers are on a 4 and 4 which they'll win almost every time. Rangers score.

4. Gauthier didn't have a point but drew a huge penalty that changed the momentum of the game.

5. Chytil might be out for the game against San Jose.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Unless Kreider asks for more than $7.5M/season, the Rangers are re-signing him. There just aren't a lot of goal scorers available who will take under $10M/season.

Strome and Fast will be casualties. The Rangers won't ask for much. Easier to move. That additional cap space should help re-sign Kreider.

Then the Rangers can call up Kravtsov and bring over Henriksson (maybe).
    I would be more concerned with the length of the contract rather than the AAV. Signing him to a deal more than 4 years is going to be problematic. Players really start to decline when they hit their early 30ís.

Being outshot 10-0 to start.

What a goal set up by Panarin

Better 2nd period. Took them time to get going

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast