Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 100
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,558

    February 2020 Schedule and Discussion Thread

    February
    Date Opponent Time Result
    Sat. 1 at Detroit Red Wings 7:00 PM ET W 1 - 0
    Mon. 3 vs. Dallas Stars 7:00 PM ET
    Wed. 5 vs. Toronto Maple Leafs 7:30 PM ET
    Fri. 7 vs. Buffalo Sabres 7:00 PM ET
    Sun. 9 vs. Los Angeles Kings 6:00 PM ET
    Tue. 11 at Winnipeg Jets 8:00 PM ET
    Thu. 13 at Minnesota Wild 8:00 PM ET
    Fri. 14 at Columbus Blue Jackets 7:00 PM ET
    Sun. 16 vs. Boston Bruins 3:30 PM ET
    Wed. 19 at Chicago Blackhawks 8:00 PM ET
    Fri. 21 at Carolina Hurricanes 7:30 PM ET
    Sat. 22 vs. San Jose Sharks 7:00 PM ET
    Tue. 25 at New York Islanders 7:00 PM ET
    Thu. 27 at Montreal Canadiens 7:00 PM ET
    Fri. 28 at Philadelphia Flyers 7:00 PM ET
    Sports Data API Powered by STATS © 2020 by STATS PERFORM.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 02-03-2020 at 12:35 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    803
    So Carp posted his game recap article and also wrote that the Rangers need to try to retain Kreider. I really hope this is just a smoke screen to get teams thinking they might keep him. Signing him for any longer than 4 years would be a very bad investment. There are so few players that are worth his rumored $7M extension beyond 30, and the ones that are worth it, are the legit star level players that Kreider is not.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    830
    I was shocked to read, Rick believed the Rangers should try to keep Kreider.

    After 2 soft toss wins against Detroit, this is the Rangers 1st real opponent in the second half. Let's see how the Rangers respond to Dallas before writers bark who the Rangers should keep or sell.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    803

    February 2020 Schedule and Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    I was shocked to read, Rick believed the Rangers should try to keep Kreider.

    After 2 soft toss wins against Detroit, this is the Rangers 1st real opponent in the second half. Let's see how the Rangers respond to Dallas before writers bark who the Rangers should keep or sell.
    Honestly I donít think the way they play between now and the deadline should matter at all in this decision. To me itís more about asset management. Heís a player that is approaching a decline in play and will likely not be able to match his level of play with the level of compensation. Itís tough to swallow as a fan, but thatís the business, or at least it is for successful teams.

    Girardi and Staal were similar caliber players and got paid and it bit us. Plenty of fans complain about Hankís contract being prohibitive, despite the fact he is still very good, and has been arguably the greatest player in the history of the franchise. How long will it be before Kreider becomes the villain here?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by beast023; 02-03-2020 at 07:13 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    830
    Dallas made short work of the Rangers. NOW this is the team, I am most familiar with. Moments of absolute brilliance then a brain fart...every one forgets how to play defense...and 2 soft goals later...the Rangers are facing a steep deficit.

    Rick THINKS...and I've argued with him on this...he doesn't think the Rangers crappy defense has anything to do with Lindsay Ruff's dated rock/sock defense when he has mostly finesse offensively gifted defenseman. I say, it's an old man's resistance to "ASSIST the head coach" in making defensive adjustments/tailor to the talent on hand.

    When Scotty Bowman took over the Detroit Red Wings, he realized having a defenseman who can attack/work the blue line on every line means, the FORWARDS have to pinch in and help defensively...enter the Left Wing lock. I'm not saying the Rangers have to duplicate that system but at least do SOMETHING.

    While I'm at it...let me throw some shade at Blue Shirt Banter. They RIDE Trouba every article and every podcast, giving him a midseason grade of D+...

    Some criticism is FAIR but....let's not kid ourselves. Trouba leads the team in HITS 99 going into the game vs Dallas. He also leads ALL defenseman in minutes played by at least 10 more minutes/game. Dangerous to do that this early in the season game in/game out.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,558
    The athletic had an article by Pierre Lebrun who was predicting we would deal Kreider to St.Louis for Kyrou and a 1st Rd pick.

    Adam Herman( Blueshirtsbanter) tweeted the we had 3 scouts at the Calgary/Edmonton game on February 01. Then yesterday Sam Rosen said Don Maloney whoís a scout for Calgary was at our game. Calgary is of course looking for scoring and a right handed defenseman.

    I donít get why they would talk about Trouba as heís our only physical player aside from Lemieux and Smith. We actually need to get bigger and more physical.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 02-09-2020 at 06:44 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    830
    The Rangers absolutely need to get bigger and more physical. I feel this team is THIS close to getting a huge upgrade at the forward and Center.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    803
    I would prioritize speed skill and smarts over physicality. Ideally you have guys that are all of the above, but getting guys that are physical just for the sake of it is how you end up with Jesseman and McIlrath.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    10,411
    Idealy a big skilled winger or two. Asking a lot but we need guys to fill in around Panarin and Zibanajad

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Idealy a big skilled winger or two. Asking a lot but we need guys to fill in around Panarin and Zibanajad
    How do you feel about Mantha? I think we have a few pieces that Yzerman might want. A right handed puck moving defenseman that he drafted in Tony DeAngelo to replace an aging Mike Green. A potential starting goaltender in Georgiev. Two other guys he drafted in Libor Hajek and Brett Howden.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    10,411
    Quote Originally Posted by beast023 View Post
    How do you feel about Mantha? I think we have a few pieces that Yzerman might want. A right handed puck moving defenseman that he drafted in Tony DeAngelo to replace an aging Mike Green. A potential starting goaltender in Georgiev. Two other guys he drafted in Libor Hajek and Brett Howden.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd love Mantha, not sure what I'd give for him that they would want.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    830
    Buffalo playing back to back, really punk'd a sloppy Rangers team. I'd like to see a shake up to jog these guys into remembering how to hit a guy having his way in the defensive end.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,719
    Well it looks like Kreider's agent and Jim Gorton are getting together, I don't know? at his age? and the kind of money/ and length he's gonna want? .I mean I'd love to find a way to keep him,but I haven't even mentioned the cap issues yet.I also can't see a contending team sending us anything cheap(salary wise) that will pay us dividends about 2 years from now. Do we really need anymore draft picks? Theres a few of you who are a lot more knowlegable than me when it comes to guys in the minors,so please feel free to school me here

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    10,411
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Well it looks like Kreider's agent and Jim Gorton are getting together, I don't know? at his age? and the kind of money/ and length he's gonna want? .I mean I'd love to find a way to keep him,but I haven't even mentioned the cap issues yet.I also can't see a contending team sending us anything cheap(salary wise) that will pay us dividends about 2 years from now. Do we really need anymore draft picks? Theres a few of you who are a lot more knowlegable than me when it comes to guys in the minors,so please feel free to school me here
    I still believe we should still acquire Puuijarvi from Edmonton as part of a Kreider deal or some other deal, he is older than a draft pick, was a high pick, maybe bringing him over with Kakko here might be something big. Kreider makes you wanna keep him but if it's more than 4 years I cant go for it, he has been fairly inconsistent all his life, I'm worried about when he gets older.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I still believe we should still acquire Puuijarvi from Edmonton as part of a Kreider deal or some other deal, he is older than a draft pick, was a high pick, maybe bringing him over with Kakko here might be something big. Kreider makes you wanna keep him but if it's more than 4 years I cant go for it, he has been fairly inconsistent all his life, I'm worried about when he gets older.
    I'm pretty sure the Canadian teams are on his no trade list(maybe we can get a 3rd team involved?),and your reasons for not wanting to keep him I agree with

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •