Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl LIV

I have no problem having another SB team in the division. Just anyone but SF.
    Dogdaddy

Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    I have no problem having another SB team in the division. Just anyone but SF.
    Thatís good because Mahomes isnít going away anytime soon, 24yo and already SB, SB MVP, League MVP.

Crazy wasnít even ranked #1 QB coming out and was a boom or bust QB, KC took a gamble and it paid off big time. All good we got Derek Carr!!!

With the game on the line there was no doubt in my mind that Jimmy was going to choke. Say what you want about Derek but in situations like that he does very well.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderMackin View Post
    With the game on the line there was no doubt in my mind that Jimmy was going to choke. Say what you want about Derek but in situations like that he does very well.

I remember well the words of Jerry Glanville as an analyst over 30 years ago. Pretty much in big games the QB who plays the best almost always wins. Biggest difference Mahomes was mobile and, extended drives with key runs for positive yardage when receivers were covered. Jimmy was frozen for the most part in the pocket. Enough said!

When was that? The last big game that comes to mind was the Titans game. How well did he do there?

On the contrary, Carr folds when the going gets tough, 3rd and 8, 4th and game, throw it into the stands. I admit he's had a few games in the past where he fought at the end, but that was then. He has a tendency to implode like a German U-Boat that went to deep trying too escape enemy depth charges.
    Last edited by Wolfe-Raider; 02-03-2020 at 04:08 PM.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Mahommes ability to extend plays and remain cool and collected when a play breaks down was the determining factor that won them a ring

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    Mahommes ability to extend plays and remain cool and collected when a play breaks down was the determining factor that won them a ring
    I agree.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    When was that? The last big game that comes to mind was the Titans game. How well did he do there?
    Maybe even the Jags game when something as simple as staying in bounds seals the game. Carr is a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    I thought there were several plays where he panicked and under threw the ball when pressure was in his face. The diving drop by Hill comes to mind

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Carr is a very capable QB come crunch time. How many game winning drives does he have?

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Carr is a very capable QB come crunch time. How many game winning drives does he have?

19 total and 13 of them came before 2017...7 of them in 2016, when he was a different QB before his injury.

But wait, doesn't Jimmy G need a better group of wide receivers(true #1), better oline, and a true #1 runningback before we can truly evaluate him?

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    19 total and 13 of them came before 2017...7 of them in 2016, when he was a different QB before his injury.
    So because of this injury he isn't capable anymore? He broke his fibula for crying out loalud. That isn't even considered a serious injury

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast