Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    some certainly have before

it's called 'people laid off going back to jobs they never really lost' kids

but then some saw those numbers and also didn't understand that, for the first time, it included self-employed people.........tho given 2 in my family never HAVE started getting unemployment (both self-employed) I don't know who all really HAS been in those numbers
    If they were not going and were not getting paid they did lose their job for that period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If they were not going and were not getting paid they did lose their job for that period.

technically, yes....but a LARGE percentage of people laid off knew at some point they'd get called back to their same job...a TON of companies laid off people just to get out from under the payroll for awhile...then Congress, in their infinite ignorance, paid companies to NOT lay people off (PPP) even tho in many cases that meant those companies were inadvertently costing those employees the $600/week extra they'd have gotten if laid off

hell, I know of a company that somehow worked it out to get virtually their entire staff on unemployment for a week, and it was a week they normally did a shutdown every year anyway.......and I'm sure they weren't the only one. Every one of those people were told they were coming back.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

technically, yes....but a LARGE percentage of people laid off knew at some point they'd get called back to their same job...a TON of companies laid off people just to get out from under the payroll for awhile...then Congress, in their infinite ignorance, paid companies to NOT lay people off (PPP) even tho in many cases that meant those companies were inadvertently costing those employees the $600/week extra they'd have gotten if laid off

hell, I know of a company that somehow worked it out to get virtually their entire staff on unemployment for a week, and it was a week they normally did a shutdown every year anyway.......and I'm sure they weren't the only one. Every one of those people were told they were coming back.
    They didnít know they would be called back. They might have thought or hoped they did not know

some certainly have before

it's called 'people laid off going back to jobs they never really lost' kids

but then some saw those numbers and also didn't understand that, for the first time, it included self-employed people.........tho given 2 in my family never HAVE started getting unemployment (both self-employed) I don't know who all really HAS been in those numbers
    it was better than expected and that alone is good news.

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    it was better than expected and that alone is good news.
    And will be a horror show the next time around due to the next round of shutdowns. Those pesky oppressive masks and all.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    They didnít know they would be called back. They might have thought or hoped they did not know
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    And will be a horror show the next time around due to the next round of shutdowns. Those pesky oppressive masks and all.
    Thatís going to be layoffs in the 40 states where covid-19 has blossomed.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    that still wouldn't counter/contradict this news.

some are so against Trump they hate news that right here this was something positive for America.

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Thatís going to be layoffs in the 40 states where covid-19 has blossomed.
    I agree. It makes sense that jobs went up and they will likely go down. Im just not for pretending they didnít go up bc Trump is pretending he did some great thing that lead to the increase. They went up. Thatís good, unfortunately our bugling of the virus will likely make them go down sobs again

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    that still wouldn't counter/contradict this news.

some are so against Trump they hate news that right here this was something positive for America.
    Sure it will, the freshly unemployed will care quite a bit.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678