Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Iíd ice the most talented players to win a cup, and Patty far exceeds them
    Talent is not equal to effectiveness
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Talent is not equal to effectiveness
    Sometimes that is true. Sometimes it isnít. Iíd rather take my chances with better talent.

Sometimes that is true. Sometimes it isnít. Iíd rather take my chances with better talent.
    I'm in agreement with time to make adjustments, not when the playoffs are afoot.

Again, If Patrick proves he's a better option that's ideal, but just giving him the position is a mistake

I'm in agreement with time to make adjustments, not when the playoffs are afoot.

Again, If Patrick proves he's a better option that's ideal, but just giving him the position is a mistake
    putting in patrick on the 4th line is the same as making a trade and trying out thompson. Both risky so why are we so hesitant to play patrick but did not care at all for grant/thompson?

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    putting in patrick on the 4th line is the same as making a trade and trying out thompson. Both risky so why are we so hesitant to play patrick but did not care at all for grant/thompson?
    Because the one happened with 20 games left. The other may not happen until the playoffs start. Or at best with a handful of games remaining.

Major difference

Because the one happened with 20 games left. The other may not happen until the playoffs start. Or at best with a handful of games remaining.

Major difference
    I have no doubt that if the dude is cleared he can be just as effective as thompson who is just a pker and faceoff guy. Patrick is no slouch at faceoffs so you are just losing a pker and we have a few more of those to take over still.

If Patrick proves he's effective I'm all for adding him to the mix. If he doesn't, he can rest easy and have a strong off-season. Hopefully W chip on his shoulder

If Patrick proves he's effective I'm all for adding him to the mix. If he doesn't, he can rest easy and have a strong off-season. Hopefully W chip on his shoulder
    i think the farther we go in the playoffs the better for him too if he cant come back in time. I would still play him mid playoffs as well. Remember when we got carter, gagne back and how much it helped.

anyone ready to believe yet? we will mop the floors with the rangers tomorrow on the road... it feels like a loss but **** that ****... we gonna bomb them... been telling you guys since we got hayes... this season with couts/prov/hart is gonna be special.

Anyone remember how ****** Nylander was last year after sitting out the 1st couple months of a contract dispute? Yeah this is kinda like that, but 40 games deeper in the season with no time for adjustment. This isn't as simple as plug Patrick in and let him play. You're asking a kid that hasn't played hockey in a full calendar year to simply jump into a playoff atmosphere with that type of intensity when he is still in training camp. It is ludicrous how cavalier some of you are being about this.
    Last edited by CasperX22; 03-01-2020 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Anyone remember how ****** Nylander was last year after sitting out the 1st couple months of a contract dispute? Yeah this is kinda like that, but 40 games deeper in the season with no time for adjustment. This isn't as simple as plug Patrick in and let him play. You're asking a kid that hasn't played hockey in a full calendar year to simply jump into a playoff atmosphere with that type of intensity when he is still in training camp. It is ludicrous how cavalier some of you are being about this.
    Nylander wasnít practicing with the team and literally holding out. Patty has been practicing with team the whole time. It isnít a comparable situation.

Nylander wasnít practicing with the team and literally holding out. Patty has been practicing with team the whole time. It isnít a comparable situation.
    And yet he had half a season playing with the team to get acclimated. I know some of you don't want to face this reality, but Patrick's best place in the lineup may be in the press box the rest of the season.

The beauty of the Patrick situation is that we don't need to worry about it. We're gonna know he's close to returning the moment he gets sent down for conditioning.

At that point, the phantoms will be the most watched team in the state, for three games.

Meanwhile, I'm looking for the line combos for this game.

The beauty of the Patrick situation is that we don't need to worry about it. We're gonna know he's close to returning the moment he gets sent down for conditioning.

At that point, the phantoms will be the most watched team in the state, for three games.

Meanwhile, I'm looking for the line combos for this game.
    Couts apparently has the flu and a game-time decision.

Wow...six straight. Sat back a little much in the third, but have a huge back to back coming Wed/Thurs. I'll be happy with 2 points there, but hope for 4! If we get both games, we pretty much are guaranteed to be in 1st place after the Canes game!

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839