Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    We lack elite talent with the exception of couturier.

I'm skeptical of any numbers that fwds out up whole in Montreal. Tatar and Kovalchuk were left for dead and suddenly started putting up big numbers as soon as they got to Montreal. It's a weird dynamic going on there. He hasn't scored above the rate of a bottom 6 fwd since his next to last season in Montreal either. He doesn't really drive possession and he is a complete liability in his own end. No doubt he is probably a more "TALENTED" player than Bunnaman, but I doubt that Gally will make a more positive contributions than Bunnaman right now in a limited role. The 4th line is driving play and outworking their opponents.

If you want to make a real splash, go out and get Vincent Trocheck right now! Pricier than Gally? Almost certainly. But to get to line up:

Couturier
    Trocheck
    Hayes
    Laughton

Down the middle even if Patrick doesn't come back this season? Yes please! That is a team built for playoff hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    yes i have. avs don't have a great bottom 6, bruins same thing, toronto has clifford on it for now ans spezza, wsh has some 4th liners, tampa isn't amazing BUTTTTTT

all of those teams I mentioned have some absolute studs in mackinnon/rantanen/landeskog, bergeron/pasta/mrchand, ovi/backstrom/vrana/kuz, stamkos/kucherov/point

their top guys are just better than our top guys WHICH is the reason we can't have laughton AND pitlick on the 3rd. We need our depth to compete. They are doing fine but I just don't think we can win having both of them on it making it imperative for frost and patrick to take some spots away
    Exactly. You are trying to fix the wrong problem. They need to improve the top of the roster. Not worry about depth players that are for all intents and purposes doing their jobs well.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I'm skeptical of any numbers that fwds out up whole in Montreal. Tatar and Kovalchuk were left for dead and suddenly started putting up big numbers as soon as they got to Montreal. It's a weird dynamic going on there. He hasn't scored above the rate of a bottom 6 fwd since his next to last season in Montreal either. He doesn't really drive possession and he is a complete liability in his own end. No doubt he is probably a more "TALENTED" player than Bunnaman, but I doubt that Gally will make a more positive contributions than Bunnaman right now in a limited role. The 4th line is driving play and outworking their opponents.

If you want to make a real splash, go out and get Vincent Trocheck right now! Pricier than Gally? Almost certainly. But to get to line up:

Couturier
    Trocheck
    Hayes
    Laughton

Down the middle even if Patrick doesn't come back this season? Yes please! That is a team built for playoff hockey.
    i love trocheck but talking to the panthers board...they absolutely hate him lol. They want him out. Might be ideal to do ghost for him

Exactly. You are trying to fix the wrong problem. They need to improve the top of the roster. Not worry about depth players that are for all intents and purposes doing their jobs well.
    ya but thtas the thing...we don't have those players up and coming. Frost is great but he isn't kakko, hischier, hughes, svech, necas level yet. Right now I don't know how the flyers can get that top line player. I honestly feel that we are one more top 6/line/2c player away from being contenders.

ya but thtas the thing...we don't have those players up and coming. Frost is great but he isn't kakko, hischier, hughes, svech, necas level yet. Right now I don't know how the flyers can get that top line player. I honestly feel that we are one more top 6/line/2c player away from being contenders.
    I agree ... We are 1 speed demon who can put up 20 goals and 30 assists and 1 40 goal scorer (assists donít matter) away ... but ... that means we are 1.5 elite players away ... and weíd need to subtract to add those guys.

Can a healthy Patty be that speedster who is a 20/30 guy? Probably. He is maybe our fastest guy when is he healthy and on the ice ... so getting him back checks that box ...

But 40 goal scorers donít grow on trees

id trade ghost for rackell. Hes not 40, but he is a solid 30 goal scorer and a nice player

i love trocheck but talking to the panthers board...they absolutely hate him lol. They want him out. Might be ideal to do ghost for him
    They're irrational. Trocheck has caught the same cold that Ghost has caught and afraid to shoot the puck. He constantly is having to drag mediocre/bad players around the ice with him. I'd be 100% fine with that swap. They're reportedly looking for defense anyway though I'm sure they would prefer a big bodied defender. I'm all in on that swap though.

They're irrational. Trocheck has caught the same cold that Ghost has caught and afraid to shoot the puck. He constantly is having to drag mediocre/bad players around the ice with him. I'd be 100% fine with that swap. They're reportedly looking for defense anyway though I'm sure they would prefer a big bodied defender. I'm all in on that swap though.
    Trochek is an interesting option for a ghost flip. I think it would take more though. Just not sure how much more.

When Ghost's knee is better he should be sent to the Phantom's to rehab and let Gordon work his magic and boost his confidence and tell him to shoot the puck whenever he can from anywhere inside the blue line.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    We lack elite talent with the exception of couturier.

This is exactly why I think it's important to have strong 3rd and 4th lines, we just don't have anyone that can take over a game. And this is why it especially hurts this team to be without Patrick and Lindblom.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Trochek is an interesting option for a ghost flip. I think it would take more though. Just not sure how much more.
    And he's well worth it. Ghost+2nd+/- a prospect? Being able to slot him between Couturier and Hayes down the middle makes it well worth the cost. If you try to shutdown Couts line to have a 2nd and 3rd line like that is a huge advantage.

when you are 6 points back from having the 3rd best record in the sport and your own fanbase doesnt think you are a contender lol

i really wish we played out west lol.... we would be 1 point back of the top seed

And he's well worth it. Ghost+2nd+/- a prospect? Being able to slot him between Couturier and Hayes down the middle makes it well worth the cost. If you try to shutdown Couts line to have a 2nd and 3rd line like that is a huge advantage.
    if florida had options at center I think they would be interested in that and would be more likely to trade trocheck. I would do ghost, a 2nd, and whatever else it took to get a trocheck type player. Get it done. Patrick on the wing as he has more speed:

g-couts-tk
    farabee-trocheck-voracek
    jvr-hayes-patrick

Here is another thought...if frost is going to be a center and not on the wing AND if that lineup is going to stick then should we just trade frost as well? So frost, something for trocheck and ghost to another team for a 1st+high prospect?

We still have brink, lindblom, and ratcliffe for a future spot on the 3rd line.

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast