Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    that dude prov... holy **** is there a better dude on our team... flat out leader. I am still 100 percent against relying on him this much and playing him this much and asking him to hit/block the shots he does and be our top defenseman on the powerplay as well... i feel like we will burn him out but its insanely fun while it lasts.
    he is down this year with blocks/hits. I think when/if ghosts takes over the top pp it will help him. I like niskanen on it because he actuallly has done nice things but take him off as well. I honestly would just take both of them off so they can play more even strength and pk down the stretch.

go with ghost pp1
    sanheim pp2

thats it. if you really want provorov on it, then just take niskanen off. We need niskanen sharp as much as we do anyone else on our d. Everyone else is pretty young and can take the milage on. Braun doesn't play as much so he is good. Niskanen will start playing big minutes soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    he is down this year with blocks/hits. I think when/if ghosts takes over the top pp it will help him. I like niskanen on it because he actuallly has done nice things but take him off as well. I honestly would just take both of them off so they can play more even strength and pk down the stretch.

go with ghost pp1
    sanheim pp2

thats it. if you really want provorov on it, then just take niskanen off. We need niskanen sharp as much as we do anyone else on our d. Everyone else is pretty young and can take the milage on. Braun doesn't play as much so he is good. Niskanen will start playing big minutes soon.
    yup... i want prov off the power play even if he is scoring because we need him everywhere else... the announcer said he was in on damn near all shifts tonight lol... you arent going to get away with playing a young guy this much and expecting him to do everything esp when its a defenseman.. we need ghost to get back to normal quickly to take the pressure off... i know we shouldnt just assume playoffs because of how stacked our conference is but i cant see prov holding up if this continues through a deep playoff run... he limped off tonight and was forced right back out. I get its hockey but we rely on couts/prov more then any and everyone else by so much its insane

san played a ton tonight and still played almost 3 minutes less then prov who played over 6 plus minutes more then all other defensive guys... hagg and braun tonight were very good even if people want to hate... they were hitting everything that moved.... i am not saying to rely on them a ton more but when they are on like they were tonight what is the harm?
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 02-11-2020 at 03:03 AM.

Quit being ridiculous. You can't take Provorov off the pp with the way he is playing. We will be fine. Niskanen I worry about playing too many minutes; not Provorov. That said, the Flyers can't really be pulling any punches with 6 teams in the division on pace to finish with 100 or more points.

provorov needs to be off pp1. That should be ghosts spot. He fumbles passes a little too much and ghost has a much better shot. If ghost can figure it tf out he can be much more helpful there

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    yup... i want prov off the power play even if he is scoring because we need him everywhere else... the announcer said he was in on damn near all shifts tonight lol... you arent going to get away with playing a young guy this much and expecting him to do everything esp when its a defenseman.. we need ghost to get back to normal quickly to take the pressure off... i know we shouldnt just assume playoffs because of how stacked our conference is but i cant see prov holding up if this continues through a deep playoff run... he limped off tonight and was forced right back out. I get its hockey but we rely on couts/prov more then any and everyone else by so much its insane

san played a ton tonight and still played almost 3 minutes less then prov who played over 6 plus minutes more then all other defensive guys... hagg and braun tonight were very good even if people want to hate... they were hitting everything that moved.... i am not saying to rely on them a ton more but when they are on like they were tonight what is the harm?
    I actually like Hagg. He doesn't stand out, and that's what I want to see out of a third pairing defenseman. If I notice a third pair D-man, it's usually because he just screwed the pooch.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    provorov needs to be off pp1. That should be ghosts spot. He fumbles passes a little too much and ghost has a much better shot. If ghost can figure it tf out he can be much more helpful there
    As soon as ghost is truly healthy, Id certainly consider it.

Sounded like his knee was still sore, I'm hoping to see him 100% sooner rather than later.
    <Meaning and Content>

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    As soon as ghost is truly healthy, Id certainly consider it.
    I think he needs to earn that spot back at this point. The #1 unit has looked better with Provorov. The difference being Provorov hasn't been afraid to let it rip and this new 1st unit the past couple games has looked much better with guys being back in their normal spots on the pp with a couple wrinkles here and there.

Also looks like Ghost still out and Frost getting scratched for Farabee. Farabee up with Hayes Laughton to center the 3rd line.

So Myers take the puck in deep and throws it carelessly out front then Sanheim tries to pinch in. Again I know there's gonna be growing pains but it just can't happen. This game has that blow-out feeling for sure. I would still like to see Frost and Farabee together but I don't think AV will put the 2 young bucks on the same line. It's also clear he has little faith in Ghost, I bet he is pushing for a trade. I love Ghost, hopefully the reason he's out is cause he's still sore but I have my doubts.

Someone like Barzal is such a difference maker. Dobson is doing too well. Tough to see all those great drafts for the NYI

God this was a painful period to watch.
    <Meaning and Content>

Been much better in the 2nd

Let's hope it carries over into the third.
    <Meaning and Content>

Heard the announcer say this is the 3rd game in the series with the Islander's and the Flyers are in the back half of back to back games each time. The schedule sucks this year.

Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast