Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    The more I think about it, the more trading Ghost is really the only option we have to get someone back that can play at the NHL level now. Possibly trading JVR but I'm not sure what you could actually get back for him. I don't want to trade Ghost, but by trading him we could bring back a player that possibly needs a change of scenery to get back to a level they were at a year or 2 ago.
    For the expansion draft are we required to protect Myers or is he eligible? Sanheim and Provorov need to be protected. G needs to be protected, Couts WILL be protected. Can we afford to protect Ghost? If we can't there is NO chance that he'll make it through the draft without a deal, and Hexy won't be giving us one I'd imagine. If we suspect we can't keep Ghost, we have to move him. Period. We don't want to lose him in the expansion draft. So the question would be timing. When will we get the most value for him? We need to look beyond this season. Ordinarily, I'd not be interested in moving Ghost. I'm not convinced he'll ever get back to what he was, but I still like Ghost a lot. The expansion draft changes things. Hexy knows our players, and I don't see him taking refuse. If Ghost isn't protected, ghost is gone. If Ghost is protected we've got an awful lot of forwards who are not protected, some of which I also do not want to lose. My personal thought is that Ghost will have more value before the trade deadline than after when some more marginal team might think that they are a puck mover away from being very dangerous.

The expansion is one place where Patrick's and Lindblom's situation benefits us. Provided Patrick doesn't come back (and I would simply shut him down at this point), I believe they are automatically exempt.
    Last edited by crzyhawk; 02-10-2020 at 02:42 PM.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    For the expansion draft are we required to protect Myers or is he eligible? Sanheim and Provorov need to be protected. G needs to be protected, Couts WILL be protected. Can we afford to protect Ghost? If we can't there is NO chance that he'll make it through the draft without a deal, and Hexy won't be giving us one I'd imagine. If we suspect we can't keep Ghost, we have to move him. Period. We don't want to lose him in the expansion draft. So the question would be timing. When will we get the most value for him? We need to look beyond this season. Ordinarily, I'd not be interested in moving Ghost. I'm not convinced he'll ever get back to what he was, but I still like Ghost a lot. The expansion draft changes things. Hexy knows our players, and I don't see him taking refuse. If Ghost isn't protected, ghost is gone. If Ghost is protected we've got an awful lot of forwards who are not protected, some of which I also do not want to lose. My personal thought is that Ghost will have more value before the trade deadline than after when some more marginal team might think that they are a puck mover away from being very dangerous.

The expansion is one place where Patrick's and Lindblom's situation benefits us. Provided Patrick doesn't come back (and I would simply shut him down at this point), I believe they are automatically exempt.
    i think we have to protect both patrick and ghost. It looks like patrick will be back, if not this year then next. We also have to protect hayes.

So thats hayes, couts, g, tk, patrick then lindblom (if he needs to be protected..whats the rule on LTIR injuries
    and protection?) and one of voracek/jvr

then provorov, sanheim, myers or ghost

so its either trade ghost for pieces or trade myers/leave him unprotected. I doubt we leave myers, a rhd 6'5 shot, who is more cost controlled than ghost and someone who won't return as much.

https://www.nhl.com/news/seattle-202...ed/c-302586918

of note: * Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed more than the previous 60 consecutive games (or who otherwise have been confirmed to have a career-threatening injury) may not be used to satisfy a team's player exposure requirements unless approval is received from the NHL. Such players also may be deemed exempt from selection.

Since it's 2021, Patrick will have to be protected. Who knows with Lindblom? I was thinking the draft was this summer, not next which changes things too. So, given the current roster, assuming ghost is protected we have to go with 4 forwards: G, Hayes are MUST by rule. Couts is the third by common sense. That leaves one forward (Konecny), because the Myers Sanheim and Provorov are pretty much not negotiable. I'm not willing to expose Patrick and probably Frost, just so I can protect Ghost. that assumes Lindblom is not eligble, if by some miracle he's back and can play, I'm not willing to risk him either.
    Last edited by crzyhawk; 02-10-2020 at 04:02 PM.
    <Meaning and Content>

https://www.nhl.com/news/seattle-202...ed/c-302586918

of note: * Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed more than the previous 60 consecutive games (or who otherwise have been confirmed to have a career-threatening injury) may not be used to satisfy a team's player exposure requirements unless approval is received from the NHL. Such players also may be deemed exempt from selection.

Since it's 2021, Patrick will have to be protected. Who knows with Lindblom? I was thinking the draft was this summer, not next which changes things too. So, given the current roster, assuming ghost is protected we have to go with 4 forwards: G, Hayes are MUST by rule. Couts is the third by common sense. That leaves one forward (Konecny), because the Myers Sanheim and Provorov are pretty much not negotiable. I'm not willing to expose Patrick and probably Frost, just so I can protect Ghost. that assumes Lindblom is not eligble, if by some miracle he's back and can play, I'm not willing to risk him either.
    do we need to protect frost? I thought he wasn't eligible for seattle to grab?

also, wouldn't it be better to do 7 forwards and 3 dmen for us?

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    do we need to protect frost? I thought he wasn't eligible for seattle to grab?

also, wouldn't it be better to do 7 forwards and 3 dmen for us?
    It would. But you still have to expose one of Ghost or Myers ... and Iím keeping Myers.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    It would. But you still have to expose one of Ghost or Myers ... and Iím keeping Myers.
    I think we trade Ghost before we expose him.

Wasn't there also something you could do with a trade? I thought I remember you could make a trade to the team for a draft pick or something...

My protection list as is...
    Forwards -- G (NMC), Hayes (NMC), Farabee, Frost, Couts, TK, Patrick
    Defense -- Provy, Myers, Sanheim
    Goalie -- Hart

Has there been any word on Farabee? Just flu or something? I hope they don't send Frost down, I'd like to see the 2 kids together and see what they can do. I know people like Pitlick, but to me he's 4th line at best. I'd even scratch him when Farabee is back.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    My protection list as is...
    Forwards -- G (NMC), Hayes (NMC), Farabee, Frost, Couts, TK, Patrick
    Defense -- Provy, Myers, Sanheim
    Goalie -- Hart
    That's my list too, I knew I was forgetting someone earlier (Farabee). There's just no way to protect Ghost, so he has to get traded before the expansion draft.
    <Meaning and Content>

I'm not too pleased with the Flyers play tonight, but I do like what I've seen from NAK over the last few games.

EDIT: JVR stank pretty bad tonight
    Last edited by crzyhawk; 02-10-2020 at 10:37 PM.
    <Meaning and Content>

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Why? NAK has been a really good bottom 6 player for us. Bunnaman has been fine as well.
    Yeah let's leave these guys alone. Playing their roles perfectly.

Zucker sure would have been a nice add. Pittsburgh finds another sucker to take their trash.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Zucker sure would have been a nice add. Pittsburgh finds another sucker to take their trash.
    they always find a way to get guys on contracts. Its so frustrating. Now they have zucker and guentzel to play with crosby and malkin. This sucks

that dude prov... holy **** is there a better dude on our team... flat out leader. I am still 100 percent against relying on him this much and playing him this much and asking him to hit/block the shots he does and be our top defenseman on the powerplay as well... i feel like we will burn him out but its insanely fun while it lasts.

I'm not too pleased with the Flyers play tonight, but I do like what I've seen from NAK over the last few games.

EDIT: JVR stank pretty bad tonight
    our sch is ****ing stupid... we still have 5 back to backs.

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast