Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    And he's well worth it. Ghost+2nd+/- a prospect? Being able to slot him between Couturier and Hayes down the middle makes it well worth the cost. If you try to shutdown Couts line to have a 2nd and 3rd line like that is a huge advantage.
    Trochek, imo is going to take ghost pluses first and a b level prospect, or ghost a mid round pick and a frost/brink/york.

He definitely moves the needle more than a bottom 6 add, he also comes with more term. The questions for me would be is he the guy to move on? Is now the time for that move? Would something better be available this off-season? How does it affect the expansion NEXT summer?

At the right price, it can make sense. Just not sure it's better than adding a cheap rental and looking for long term pieces this off-season isn't a better route.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    if florida had options at center I think they would be interested in that and would be more likely to trade trocheck. I would do ghost, a 2nd, and whatever else it took to get a trocheck type player. Get it done. Patrick on the wing as he has more speed:

g-couts-tk
    farabee-trocheck-voracek
    jvr-hayes-patrick

Here is another thought...if frost is going to be a center and not on the wing AND if that lineup is going to stick then should we just trade frost as well? So frost, something for trocheck and ghost to another team for a 1st+high prospect?

We still have brink, lindblom, and ratcliffe for a future spot on the 3rd line.
    1. Let's stop including Lindblom in future lineups and possibilities please. Kid is fighting a life and death battle, the odds of him returning to the ice in any way, let alone in an impact NHL role are so slim, let's just root he beats it.

2. You're seriously over estimated ghosts current value imo. He's not likely worth a 1st or a high level prospect at this point. Let alone both.

3. Trading frost in a deal for Trochek could make sense, except im afraid of the extentions cost for him and couturier at roughly the same time. It's a good problem, but it could be avoided if Frost hits.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    1. Let's stop including Lindblom in future lineups and possibilities please. Kid is fighting a life and death battle, the odds of him returning to the ice in any way, let alone in an impact NHL role are so slim, let's just root he beats it.

2. You're seriously over estimated ghosts current value imo. He's not likely worth a 1st or a high level prospect at this point. Let alone both.

3. Trading frost in a deal for Trochek could make sense, except im afraid of the extentions cost for him and couturier at roughly the same time. It's a good problem, but it could be avoided if Frost hits.
    ghost is basically trash... we need to play him and pray he ups his value and trade him before next deadline... the same people that love ghost are the same ones sitting here while we are 6 points back of the 3rd best record saying we arent a contender... let the kids grow... trade trash like ghost when he ups his value and rely on hart.

people were *** hurt about hayes etc and i said we would be much better then people thought this year... stop with the bull ****... couts/prov is this team and we have plenty of talent after them... admit you were wrong and move on... we will upset a team in the playoffs even if we are the 5-8 seed.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 02-19-2020 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    ghost is basically trash... we need to play him and pray he ups his value and trade him before next deadline... the same people that love ghost are the same ones sitting here while we are 6 points back of the 3rd best record saying we arent a contender... let the kids grow... trade trash like ghost when he ups his value and rely on hart.

people were *** hurt about hayes etc and i said we would be much better then people thought this year... stop with the bull ****... couts/prov is this team and we have plenty of talent after them... admit you were wrong and move on... we will upset a team in the playoffs even if we are the 5-8 seed.
    The back end of Hayes contract could really hurt. In the short term. And with the hindsight of Patricks issues. The signing was necessary.

Ghost is still in his prime. He's still a dman who put up 60+ pts and played adequately in his own end. The chance he recovers that form is real. Selling low now, is bad. Making a good hockey trade now though could work. Just gotta be ready to watch him turn back into that 60+ PT dman somewhere else.

The back end of Hayes contract could really hurt. In the short term. And with the hindsight of Patricks issues. The signing was necessary.

Ghost is still in his prime. He's still a dman who put up 60+ pts and played adequately in his own end. The chance he recovers that form is real. Selling low now, is bad. Making a good hockey trade now though could work. Just gotta be ready to watch him turn back into that 60+ PT dman somewhere else.
    and that is my point... ghost nut riders are all about that season but ignore the incosistancy after and how bad he has been the last 2 seasons and blame everyone from the system to the coach to the GM to him not being on the power play BUT GHOST himself. stop

i didn't include lindblom in the lineup...also ghost is 100000% worth a first are you kidding me? I don't care how bad of a season he is having. He is 26, has a great contract, and has scored 67 points. He easily can score 50. We have not put ghost in a position to succeed this year at all. When ghost was on the top pp it wasn't set up correctly at all with giroux and voracek in different positions. Also, ghost wasn't the only one not producing on that pp at the time so its not all on him.

idk why people under value a guy who can score 50+ points on a top pp unit that is actually good. If dillon, braun can get a 2nd and 3rd, scandella can get a 2nd/4th on EXPIRING contracts then ghost for sure can get a 1st and a nice prospect.
    OH and zucker, who was having a pretty crappy year on TERM also got a 1st and addison (a pretty damn good prospect) as well as galchenyuk. Zucker wasn't exactly great last year too. He was pretty much like ghost. 2 years ago had a great year followed 2 sub par ones and both have similar contracts/age.

Trochek, imo is going to take ghost pluses first and a b level prospect, or ghost a mid round pick and a frost/brink/york.

He definitely moves the needle more than a bottom 6 add, he also comes with more term. The questions for me would be is he the guy to move on? Is now the time for that move? Would something better be available this off-season? How does it affect the expansion NEXT summer?

At the right price, it can make sense. Just not sure it's better than adding a cheap rental and looking for long term pieces this off-season isn't a better route.
    I think you underestimate Florida's willingness to move him. Coach Q doesn't seems to be meshing with Trocheck and they are reportedly looking for a defender and more grit in a deal for Trocheck. Ghost does really fit that profile and I'd have a hard time believing Hagg would be the guy they'd want to build a package around, but then again Q wanted Saad once upon a time for Panarin, so who knows.

Which brings me to my next point, if they were to ask for Myers do you pull the trigger assuming you can make the cap work? I sure would.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    and that is my point... ghost nut riders are all about that season but ignore the incosistancy after and how bad he has been the last 2 seasons and blame everyone from the system to the coach to the GM to him not being on the power play BUT GHOST himself. stop
    its for sure on him as well but its not like he has no value. thats a ludicrous statement for a guy who is in his prime still. We still wouldn't trade him until summer or next deadline because we are in a nice spot in the east and he can help that pp. I'm kind of tired of seeing provorov not able to keep the puck in the zone or not able to make that back hand pass to giroux in tight that timmo/ghost make with ease. It also gives provorov more time at EVS which helps too

If ****ing Scandella gets you a 2+, 100% Ghost can get you a 1st even in a down year.

If ****ing Scandella gets you a 2+, 100% Ghost can get you a 1st even in a down year.
    seriously lol. I think ghost gets a zucker package for sure.

rumor is if the kings retain we might be after carter...

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    i didn't include lindblom in the lineup...also ghost is 100000% worth a first are you kidding me? I don't care how bad of a season he is having. He is 26, has a great contract, and has scored 67 points. He easily can score 50. We have not put ghost in a position to succeed this year at all. When ghost was on the top pp it wasn't set up correctly at all with giroux and voracek in different positions. Also, ghost wasn't the only one not producing on that pp at the time so its not all on him.

idk why people under value a guy who can score 50+ points on a top pp unit that is actually good. If dillon, braun can get a 2nd and 3rd, scandella can get a 2nd/4th on EXPIRING contracts then ghost for sure can get a 1st and a nice prospect.
    OH and zucker, who was having a pretty crappy year on TERM also got a 1st and addison (a pretty damn good prospect) as well as galchenyuk. Zucker wasn't exactly great last year too. He was pretty much like ghost. 2 years ago had a great year followed 2 sub par ones and both have similar contracts/age.
    Old time hockey men still exist and as long as they do the value for the gritty stay at home dmen will be inflated.

Zucker has more points this season than ghost does this season and last season combined. Both players have the same job and that's to produce offense. Only one has been doing that.

Is ghost worth a 1st and a high end prospect? Yea at 26 he probably is. Do I think your going to find a team willing to pay that right now? Nope. Much better chance to get that value in the off-season assuming ghost returns from injury and improves his play down the stretch.

A late first from a contender is a realistic expectation for ghost. I'll retract my hyperbole

I think you underestimate Florida's willingness to move him. Coach Q doesn't seems to be meshing with Trocheck and they are reportedly looking for a defender and more grit in a deal for Trocheck. Ghost does really fit that profile and I'd have a hard time believing Hagg would be the guy they'd want to build a package around, but then again Q wanted Saad once upon a time for Panarin, so who knows.

Which brings me to my next point, if they were to ask for Myers do you pull the trigger assuming you can make the cap work? I sure would.
    I'm probably going to counter with ghost and more extras. I have such a high opinion on what Myers will be I don't expect there's many trades I'd include him.

I doubt we could get a player(albeit a plug), a top prospect(granted that can't play defense), and a 1st for Ghost with the way he's played this year, but I for sure think he should still net double what Scandella gets you when would equate to a 1st+conditional pick.

I doubt we could get a player(albeit a plug), a top prospect(granted that can't play defense), and a 1st for Ghost with the way he's played this year, but I for sure think he should still net double what Scandella gets you when would equate to a 1st+conditional pick.
    when ghost is on his game, there aren't many dmen who can put up 65 points. Imagine if he was on the leafs, tampa, pens..he would easily put up numbers. Zucker got all that because he had term on his contract. He has only scored 30 goals once and then regressed. I don't really care about the plug player but theres not doubt that ghost can't get what zucker got. Aren't dmen supposed to be more valuable? 1st and a prospect is not a tall order for a dmen in his prime who can put up 40 points in a down year (except this year of course)

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast