Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    trade patrick, ghost for dumba, fiala===dream trade lol
    Noooo, Fiala is still not as high of a ceiling player as Patty, nor as good defensively. I get it but canít give up on Patty like that just yet.

I can agree with Patty. Let him recover and come back next year and see what he can do. If he's healthy he would be the 3C or possibly moved to wing. As I said, I don't want to trade Ghost but he is really the only trading chip we have that could bring something back of value.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    I get it but canít give up on Patty like that just yet.
    I'm with you. Far to early to get impatient and give up on Patrick.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Noooo, Fiala is still not as high of a ceiling player as Patty, nor as good defensively. I get it but canít give up on Patty like that just yet.
    for me its an upgrade on defense and an upgrade on wing. even if patty can be somewhat good we alreayd have 3 centers. I dont want frost playing wing. I would rather have patrick there and if we can get fiala and dumba then im game haha. Fiala has been on a tear..scoring at a 70 pt season pace. but i agree with not giving up on patty lol but dumbbaaaa

I gave up on Patrick long ago. Man how different would this roster look with ROR on it? That said, I'd like this trade scenario a lot better without expansion. Looking. Not to interested in creating protection issues. Ideally if you are moving Patty and Ghost, it's to acquire an elite #2 center. That's the play. We need an elite #2 in a bad way.

Terrific night for Hagg ... I mean just a tremendous game.

Couts deserves the selke

I don't disagree, Hagg played a really solid game. He was visible for all the right reasons.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

the hart of carter will equal many cups.

Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    I don't disagree, Hagg played a really solid game. He was visible for all the right reasons.
    he has been pretty damn good last like 10 games tbh

Alright, I have a theory, and I need you guys to actually hear me out.

How did the following draft profile

"He is a high-end skater, possessing an effortless stride and quick acceleration. He appears to glide when he is on the ice, with a high amount of offensive ability. He makes quality rushes, and he displays great puck movement in every zone"

Turn into a low 20s dman who is only capable of being a safe, stay at home guy?

I think the correct answer may be an archaic philosophy of the previous front office/coaching.

I think there may be legitimate top 4 upside in Robert Hagg as a two way defenseman. He has the size, he has the skating, he has the IQ. He still relies on his patented chip off the glass more than he should. However I think this can continue to improve the more he plays under this new regime.

I've always thought there was more to Hagg than he was showing. It was always frustrating to watch. If the last few weeks are more than a flash in the pan, the Flyers defense will be in a very good place for the next few years.

I always liked Hagg. Seems like Ghost has turned into the new MacDonald this year. On a good note, there are teams out there that need an offensive Dman or have Dmen hurt. I think Ghost and Vorobyev could be packaged together and get us Toffoli.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    I always liked Hagg. Seems like Ghost has turned into the new MacDonald this year. On a good note, there are teams out there that need an offensive Dman or have Dmen hurt. I think Ghost and Vorobyev could be packaged together and get us Toffoli.
    Nope, ghost is still a stud. 67 point defensemen donít grow on trees, heís hurt and isnít being used right on PP1

If we shop him anywhere, I think STL is a great spot, especially now that JBo might not be able to play again.

I don't want to trade Ghost either, but I think he is the only thing that might get us something back right now. Might be able to flip some of the Phantom's for other AHL players. With the way the team is playing right now I'm not sure I would do anything. Stay put, don't trade anyone. Patrick & Ghost can be our deadline deals. If I'd trade anyone it would be JVR but that line of him with Laughton and Pitlick looked good.

patrick is progressing and amping up his workouts. Nolan Patrick is making very good progress and there's a chance he will start practicing full-time with Flyers on Mon., per Chuck Fletcher. Still not ready for contact, but doing much better.

If he gets a few of these and then get into contact he can be here within a few weeks maybe. Positive signs. Getting him back on the 4th line center duties and eventually 3c would be absolutely huge for us

i dont think ghost will legit ever hit 50 points again...bringing up the 67 just isnt accurate... i still wouldnt trade him now and would do whatever to raise his stock first.

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast