Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

IGT: February "Trade deadline"

Not sure they make any moves. Getting Ghost, Patty, & Hart back are probably going to be the team's deadline deals.

i feel like we should make a move honestly... look at tampa last year and how they were the all mighty and got spanked... we are right there in this insane conference and are basically a healthy carter hart away from destroying teams in the playoffs... why wouldnt or shouldnt we try to add? what are we waiting for exactly?

I'm honestly not certain what I expect. Do I think we should make a move? Depends on the move. This isn't a cup team, so it's hard to say what the right moves are going to be.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Makar is the truth

Colorado is a trade partner for Voracek. So much cap space. Iíd move him for a 1st and 2nd ... call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    I'm honestly not certain what I expect. Do I think we should make a move? Depends on the move. This isn't a cup team, so it's hard to say what the right moves are going to be.
    Rebuild. I donít think these vets are going to get us a cup. This is couturierís and provorovís team now.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Rebuild. I donít think these vets are going to get us a cup. This is couturierís and provorovís team now.
    I don't disagree. I don't really want to trade G, but he deserves another opportunity to win a cup. I wouldn't hesitate to move Voracek for a 1st and 2nd as you suggest.
    <Meaning and Content>

Couts is a F-ing wizard.
    <Meaning and Content>

Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    I don't disagree. I don't really want to trade G, but he deserves another opportunity to win a cup. I wouldn't hesitate to move Voracek for a 1st and 2nd as you suggest.
    The funny thing is that Voracek might be having his best season. Ever. And Flyers fans still want to trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    The funny thing is that Voracek might be having his best season. Ever. And Flyers fans still want to trade him.
    I donít want to move him because heís bad, I want to move him because we need to spend his cap hit on someone who can put in 40 goals ... this team has too many guys who can put up 40-50 assist and 1 guy who has had back to back 30 goal seasons ... that guy also does everything, including hopefully win a selke this year, Voracek being a 20/60 guy doesnít help us anymore.

Know what I mean?

Read somewhere trying to trade for Eichel. It would probably take Jake, Ghost, Patty, Radcliffe, & Sandstrom to even start a conversation for Eichel.
    Last edited by lbz88; 02-02-2020 at 09:26 PM.

I donít want to move him because heís bad, I want to move him because we need to spend his cap hit on someone who can put in 40 goals ... this team has too many guys who can put up 40-50 assist and 1 guy who has had back to back 30 goal seasons ... that guy also does everything, including hopefully win a selke this year, Voracek being a 20/60 guy doesnít help us anymore.
    it didn't help us very much back then, either. granted, he wasn't the reason for that.
    he's not. voracek probably wasn't ever a top 10 forward in the NHL, but there was a stretch of time where he was legitimately in the conversation.
    Read somewhere trying to trade for Eichel. It would probably take Jake, Ghost, Patty, Radcliffe, & Sandstrom to even start a conversation for Eichel.
    when a trade like that happens, it doesn't get leaked beforehand. there's too much downside for everyone involved when those kinds of rumors get out prematurely. so, i'd say that's more unlikely to happen now than before you heard any rumors about it.

however, if i'm allowed to read outside the lines a bit, i'd also say that rumor sounds like the flyers are signaling to teams around the league that they are ready to liquidate.

also, connor sheary would be a nice rental for us. someone like him would help balance our middle-6 by adding speed and quickness to compensate for the less fleet footed hayes, voracek and JVR. he won't cost more than a 3 and a 4 (or the prospect equivalent), and if things go well, we could extend him on a cheap-ish 2-3 year deal, since he's only 27 years old.

Interesting of note Flyers are:
    18-4-4 at home
    10-13-3 on the road

The issue seems obvious right? Break that road record down further though:
    1-9-1 on road vs west teams in consecutive games
    9-4-2 in all other road games.

For whatever reason the Flyers have just been otherworldly bad on these long west coast trips. Fortunately the Flyers are just about done with their Western Conference road trips. The schedule is set up for the Flyers to get hot and make a run down the stretch. Let's see if they can take advantage. Bottom 6 has performed better of late, but we need the bottom 6 to continue to make positive contributions. Getting Patty back or Frost for the stretch run to center one of those bottom 6 lines would help quite a bit. Not that I want Giroux to stick at center long term but leaving him in the middle makes the Flyers so much deeper.

Farabee-Couturier-Voracek
    JVR-Giroux-Konecny
    Laughton-Hayes-Pitlick
    Raffl-Patrick-NAK

Couturier obviously will always take the toughest matchups whether that's matching Malkin's line in the playoffs, Barzal, Aho, etc. That's fine and he's going to win those matchups the vast majority of the time as a Selke caliber center should.

Particularly at home being able to dictate the matchups playing Hayes down allows you to utilize his line as something of a 2nd shutdown line against teams like Washington and Pittsburgh that essentially both have 2 #1 lines.

Frees up Giroux's line that should win those matchups all day. And if on the road those teams try to get one of their top 2 lines out against Giroux, Hayes line is going to win against 3rd lines.

4th line also has a fair amount of upside in limited minutes. Both Raffl and Nak are capable of driving play with Patty having the potential to step up with a big goal here and there.

Work to be done for sure, but this roster should be a playoff team and shouldn't be an easy out when they get there.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    it didn't help us very much back then, either. granted, he wasn't the reason for that. he's not. voracek probably wasn't ever a top 10 forward in the NHL, but there was a stretch of time where he was legitimately in the conversation.
    when a trade like that happens, it doesn't get leaked beforehand. there's too much downside for everyone involved when those kinds of rumors get out prematurely. so, i'd say that's more unlikely to happen now than before you heard any rumors about it.

however, if i'm allowed to read outside the lines a bit, i'd also say that rumor sounds like the flyers are signaling to teams around the league that they are ready to liquidate.

also, connor sheary would be a nice rental for us. someone like him would help balance our middle-6 by adding speed and quickness to compensate for the less fleet footed hayes, voracek and JVR. he won't cost more than a 3 and a 4 (or the prospect equivalent), and if things go well, we could extend him on a cheap-ish 2-3 year deal, since he's only 27 years old.
    Where is the cap space coming to add someone like Sheary? Just exasperates how bad the trade was for Braun, so that he could suck out loud and eat the rest of the Flyers cap space.

our schedule has been pretty ****ing brutal though tbh... in terms of back to backs and west coast swings... it was extremely bad to start the season ... The flyers met with the NHL over this ******** a few days ago and rightfully so

https://www.inquirer.com/flyers/flye...-20200129.html

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast