Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 585
  1. #496
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,643
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I could see him being that kind of player. The thing about Farabee is that his game is so we'll rounded that he can really play any type of role the Flyers ask of him. Oshie seems to be a fair comparison.

    Patty and Frost to an even greater extent like you already mentioned won't really thrive in anything other than a scoring role. I'd be interested to see each of them at some point get a look on Couturier's wing and see if Couts can get them going. I think their best position's are at center, but we should probably find out if they can play wing in a scorers role before we have to move one or both.
    I think, if frost hits, he can play anywhere in a traditional top 6 role. Wing or center, at this point I'm not sure whats best.

    Patrick, I'd love to see get some run on the wing down the stretch. I don't expect it, and am looking forward to him and Frost battling it out for a center job next season.

    Couts is the guy you use to fix anyone. Period.

  2. #497
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,643
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    does in burn your guys ***** that literally every game lately the announcers are slobbering all over about braun and how needed he is and how much of a difference maker he is for us? xD
    That Braun Hagg pairing has been a really good surprise over the past 20+ games or so. That is awesome. I hope it continues down The stretch

  3. #498
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,257
    The Oddities of Hockey- The Flyers are now 17-0-1 whenever Kevin Hayes scores a goal


    awful signing.

  4. #499
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,257
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    That Braun Hagg pairing has been a really good surprise over the past 20+ games or so. That is awesome. I hope it continues down The stretch
    it doesnt matter ghost is still better then both by so much that even when he doesnt play he has insane value.

  5. #500
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,504
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    The Oddities of Hockey- The Flyers are now 17-0-1 whenever Kevin Hayes scores a goal


    awful signing.
    dude we get it lol

  6. #501
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,257
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    dude we get it lol
    get what? ghost is a god/hayes is a tierrible signing braun and hagg shouldnt be up here and G is gonna carry............ get what?

    oh prov is also trash and should have been traded last season... just saying.. per flyers fans on this board.

    also we arent a contender.

  7. #502
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,842
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    That Braun Hagg pairing has been a really good surprise over the past 20+ games or so. That is awesome. I hope it continues down The stretch
    The odds say it won't last, but I have more faith in Hagg than I do Braun. At the very least Braun has been useful on the pk which is more than I can say for the plug he replaced that was here forever. It's nice that he's playing well though. Anything positive from him is a bonus imo

  8. #503
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,842
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    I think, if frost hits, he can play anywhere in a traditional top 6 role. Wing or center, at this point I'm not sure whats best.

    Patrick, I'd love to see get some run on the wing down the stretch. I don't expect it, and am looking forward to him and Frost battling it out for a center job next season.

    Couts is the guy you use to fix anyone. Period.
    Yes if. I'm not convinced Frost is a top 6 caliber player. We'll see. I think he and G on a line with Couts would be an interesting look too.

  9. #504
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,643
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    dude we get it lol
    Steagles burner account?

  10. #505
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,643
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Yes if. I'm not convinced Frost is a top 6 caliber player. We'll see. I think he and G on a line with Couts would be an interesting look too.
    Honestly, I like the idea, for next year, if something like

    28-14-93
    49-48-11
    25-13-19

  11. #506
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,842
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Honestly, I like the idea, for next year, if something like

    28-14-93
    49-48-11
    25-13-19
    I'd be really worried about that Frost line in their own end. They would need to be heavily sheltered and I'm not sure Farabee is ready to be a Couts or Lindblom that can cover up Frost and Konecny's mistakes.

  12. #507
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,842
    Let's go with the assumption that Laughton, Hayes, and Konecny continue to have great chemistry and that Lindblom probably isn't back next season...

    28-14-48
    21-13-11
    25-19-93
    49-82-62

    Now let's assume we break that 2nd line.

    28-14-19
    49-13-11
    25-48-93
    12-21-62

    Both better looks imo

  13. #508
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,118
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    it doesnt matter ghost is still better then both by so much that even when he doesnt play he has insane value.
    No he's not. Ghost is a liability.

  14. #509
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,394
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Let's go with the assumption that Laughton, Hayes, and Konecny continue to have great chemistry and that Lindblom probably isn't back next season...

    28-14-48
    21-13-11
    25-19-93
    49-82-62

    Now let's assume we break that 2nd line.

    28-14-19
    49-13-11
    25-48-93
    12-21-62

    Both better looks imo
    I would love those lines...but I think Oskar will be back next season...

  15. #510
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,394
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Farabee at a minimum, played multiple horrific games in a row. Him regaining confidence with a stint with Lehigh will not break him. If it does, well he probably doesn't have the right mental makeup for a professional athlete anyway
    Yeah, Joel struggled bad for quite a few games. I agree with all of this and he needs to get that confidence back like they are doing with Frost.

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •