Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 585
  1. #466
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,504
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I think AV is playing Laughton in the top 6 because he is the hot hand and Farabee has to be sent down for more than 24 or 48 hours or something to be eligible for AHLs postseason play. Regardless, the Sharks are not a bad team to give a one game break to Farabee and wake him up a little. He has not been looking confident lately and has been making some mistakes.

    Any word on if Ghost is playing tonight?
    laughton has played with hayes a lot so i think that is why+the hot hand things

    but farabee wasn't sent down for the playoff eligibility. They aren't going to even make it. I think it was more because everyone else was playing so well

  2. #467
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,504
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Reports I'm seeing have ghost as a healthy scratch.
    ya i think ghost even said we shouldn't mess with anything as the boys are rolling. He will definitely be back in against one of the ranger games, possibly the home one

  3. #468
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,845
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    It's not bunny that I want back by the playoffs. As of today my ideal playoff lines look something like

    28-14-11
    49-13-93
    25-21/grant-18
    12-21/grant-62


    *I reserve the right to adjust my opinion as more information is presented to me*
    They will both be back.

  4. #469
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,643
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    They will both be back.
    I'd like to see Grant prove to be an upgrade. Which would, barring health, make bunnaman uneccessary

  5. #470
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,249
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    i know you didn't ask me but...

    I think cap wise we will be fine. The konency and provorov deals are awesome and should help us. Thankfully patrick will be a cheap bridge-show me deal now. Couts will make giroux's money when their contracts are up, Sanheim will get niskanen's. I don't expect ghost to be here then so there is 4.5 mill free that can go to hart's contract. The voracek+jvr deals hurt. I hated the jvr deal and still do now. That is 7 million that could've gone to helping get a top 6 winger/center. Now that lindblom doesn't need to be protected (is that even correct?, how does that one work out) we have a chance to protect BOTH jvr/voracek which sucks. Was hoping seattle just takes one from us.

    As for more-than-most saying we should trade ghost next season at the deadline if he gets his value up...if we are in the same position as we are this season then we shouldn't. If ghost is having a great year then you trade him after the playoffs are done as he would be instrumental to how we do once in. That is IF he is having a nice year...if he isn't then idk.
    We have to trade JVR and Voracek for the math to work, and that is going to be hard with both signed to 2023 and 2024 respectively; especially if G signs for 3 years/20m ... which is what he should be signed at for market value to end his career here

  6. #471
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,249
    Farabee, Frost, and anyone else should be getting playoff NHL experience this year in order to be better prepared to win a cup next year. Playing Thompson over any one of those guys slows progress for a rental. Thompson should never see the ice unless we have a rash of injuries.

    Grant is 50/50 ... i see his value as a 4th line C but if Patty is healthy, which is a big IF ... then Patty and Laughton need to play 3rd and 4th line C for their own development. If Patty doesnít come back, then Grant is our 4th line C and Laughton needs to play 3rd line.

    However ... I think both Frost and Farabee should see at least 1 playoff game. They need to see the speed, feel the pressure, and train for the intensity ... letting Thompson and Grant play over them, injury not-withstanding doesnít get us any closer to a cup.

  7. #472
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,845
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Farabee, Frost, and anyone else should be getting playoff NHL experience this year in order to be better prepared to win a cup next year. Playing Thompson over any one of those guys slows progress for a rental. Thompson should never see the ice unless we have a rash of injuries.

    Grant is 50/50 ... i see his value as a 4th line C but if Patty is healthy, which is a big IF ... then Patty and Laughton need to play 3rd and 4th line C for their own development. If Patty doesnít come back, then Grant is our 4th line C and Laughton needs to play 3rd line.

    However ... I think both Frost and Farabee should see at least 1 playoff game. They need to see the speed, feel the pressure, and train for the intensity ... letting Thompson and Grant play over them, injury not-withstanding doesnít get us any closer to a cup.
    That's not really the way it works. When you're trying to contend you play the best lineup possible. There's no time for coddling the kids at this point. Ultimately you hope they play to their potential and push lower ceiling guys out, but you don't just say ok we need you kids to get a game in a playoff atmosphere so go out and give it your all.

  8. #473
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,845
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    I'd like to see Grant prove to be an upgrade. Which would, barring health, make bunnaman uneccessary
    He will be back regardless if he proves to be an upgrade.

  9. #474
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,845
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    I still have really high hopes for Frost. Think really good 2c/top line wing. The issue is I also think he has a high bust rate. He's not the type of guy that looks to be able to adjust to anything but a scoring role. So I think he's a boom or bust type player.

    As far as Patrick goes, If the head issues get figured out, he's still a future top 6 C. I don't see a scenario where him, healthy, misses. I'm not sure he's ever an all-star caliber guy, but my bigger concern his him getting on, and staying on the ice.


    As far as farabee goes, I'm also convinced his floor at this point is that of a good two way top 6 winger. I think there's more there than that as well.
    Farabee's floor is higher than both. You can't teach the kind of instincts that kid has.

  10. #475
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,643
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    That's not really the way it works. When you're trying to contend you play the best lineup possible. There's no time for coddling the kids at this point. Ultimately you hope they play to their potential and push lower ceiling guys out, but you don't just say ok we need you kids to get a game in a playoff atmosphere so go out and give it your all.
    Sidenote

    Handing things to people who didn't earn them, could have adverse effects on development.

  11. #476
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,643
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Farabee's floor is higher than both. You can't teach the kind of instincts that kid has.
    I agree with this. I'm a big fan. I could see him evolving into an Oshie type player.

    Solid offensive numbers, but his real edge being mentally and defensively.

  12. #477
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,249
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    That's not really the way it works. When you're trying to contend you play the best lineup possible. There's no time for coddling the kids at this point. Ultimately you hope they play to their potential and push lower ceiling guys out, but you don't just say ok we need you kids to get a game in a playoff atmosphere so go out and give it your all.
    Hexy did that and we delayed player progression ... They have played NHL games before, it isnít total push into deep end ... it is exposure, and you have to fall before you walk.

  13. #478
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,249
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Sidenote

    Handing things to people who didn't earn them, could have adverse effects on development.
    If you mean that the kids participated in getting the team to the playoffs this year and then they are going to get excluded and their jobs handed to ďvetsĒ for the playoffs ... I fully agree. Farabee has earned the playoffs ... Frost has been here enough to be first in before Thompson, minimally.

  14. #479
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,394
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Reports I'm seeing have ghost as a healthy scratch.
    One I read earlier said he was in tonight...

    https://www.broadstreethockey.com/20...io-live-stream

    Still looking for another source.

    EDIT: I now found this citing Carchidi
    https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ho...althy-scratch/

  15. #480
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,845
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Hexy did that and we delayed player progression ... They have played NHL games before, it isnít total push into deep end ... it is exposure, and you have to fall before you walk.
    Hexy isn't here and the goals are different than when he was.

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •