Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    I really hope Patty comes back but I doubt it at this point.

again, i think it's important to understand the specifics of patrick's recovery path. before he can return to game action, he needs to vigorously exercise over consecutive days, without any adverse reactions.

now, because he has not been cleared to return to game action, it is safe to assume that he has also not been able to exercise at a vigorous level, for at least the last 4 months.

that means that even when patrick is cleared to return by the medical staff, he'll still need to:

-- get in shape.
    -- knock off the rust from not playing
    -- get up to game speed

that's a big ask.

Fletcher said he likes Gostisbehere. Skating well. Can still contribute on PP. Teams called about him, but nothing Fletcher would pursue

Sounds like ghosts value isnt very high leaguewide right now.

i know marleau is gonna get the headlines for them, but i think PIT really helped themselves by getting zucker and sheary. that's a ton of speed for them to inject into their middle-6, and that team is always at its most dangerous when they have guys around crosby and malkin who fly up and down the rink.

My guess for the lineup to start the game is as follows

28-14-93
    Grant-13-11
    25-21-18
    12-thompson-62

D pairings remain unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    i know marleau is gonna get the headlines for them, but i think PIT really helped themselves by getting zucker and sheary. that's a ton of speed for them to inject into their middle-6, and that team is always at its most dangerous when they have guys around crosby and malkin who fly up and down the rink.
    ya sheary and rodriguez was a good add for them. They pretty much added a whole new 3rd line and they still have bjugstad possibly coming back by playoff time. Thankfully guentzel is still out

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Fletcher said he likes Gostisbehere. Skating well. Can still contribute on PP. Teams called about him, but nothing Fletcher would pursue

There's not really any reason for it to be very high any more. Some of us cling to a great season a few years back, but no GM worth a damn is going to bet the farm on Ghost regaining that form. He's the kind of guy you buy low on, and hope he turns it around. Anything other than buying low is an over pay. I like Ghost, I'd like to see him get it turned around, but I won't be surprised if it never happens. He's not trash like some folks contend, but he's not a Norris-caliber D-man either. At his age, nobody pays for potential.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

pens are absolutely loaded now.

zucker-crosby-simon
    rust-malkin-hornqvist
    marleau-mccann-sheary
    tanev-blueger-rodriguez

but kahun was a nice loss. Not sure if sheary is all that good. Pens fans aren't all that excited to lose him for those two

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    How much help is Patty actually going to be this season? As steagles accurately points out, a lot of things have to happen for Patty to even play. Assuming he does, how much of an upgrade is a young kid who hasn't played hockey in nearly a year going to be? I'm not expecting to see Patty back this year, and I am OK with that. I just hope that he's able to get his migraines sorted out and get back to it next year.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Hurricanes got a lot better. Iím thoroughly unimpressed with Fletcher.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post

How can you possibly infer that? Fletcherís price could have been too high ... you have no idea

Iím shocked trocheckís value was so low. That is a definitive statement.

did they though? Hamilton, pesce won't help their playoff run as both are projected to miss time and won't be back until close to the playoffs. Vatanen won't be resigned there and now they have another 5.25aav in skjei they have to deal with on top of 4mill from gardiner. To me, trocheck was the biggest get for them but we will see how he does there.

How can you possibly infer that? Fletcherís price could have been too high ... you have no idea

Iím shocked trocheckís value was so low. That is a definitive statement.
    i think a lot of teams are scared of that injury maybe. Apparently he was the odd man out in coach Q's system too.

The hurricanes were in a spot where key pieces got hurt and either had to sell the future or waive the white flag. They elected to sell their future.

The flyers are in a different spot.

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast