Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Lol you guys turn into a bunch of douchebags when you think you're right.

I guess the Flyers are done, but we added depth so a bottom 6 injury doesn't really hurt too bad. Also bolstered the PK and 4th line abilities. Maybe Patty will be back sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    they probably wanted more from us though. Guaranteed they asked for ghost or frost. We don't have any other pieces worth anything. Doubt they wanted york or brink and i doubt we trade them
    I think York is going to be a real nice piece in a couple years...I would not trade him unless we're getting something big back. I'm not sure on Brink yet. I wonder if Allison is ever going to stay healthy enough to play in the NHL...

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Weird. I didn't know they were planning to play the playoffs in 2018 this postseason. When did they announce that?
    It was 1.5 years ago ... donít act like it is 5 years ago is what I mean.

Marlaeu has 10 goals. He's not a goal scorer. He's a name.
    100% this. We did fine. Kinda annoyed we didn't go after trocheck but I think they wanted more from us and we didn't want to include a name like frost. As to the acquisitions, I like them. I never had any faith in bunnaman at all. He is playing very sparingly and woudl've played 5-6 minutes come playoff time for sure. Now we get two guys that can rotate in and out of the lineup at 4c, play the pk, and give steady 4th line minutes in a playoff role. Bunnaman isn't great at all and i dont care for him

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I think York is going to be a real nice piece in a couple years...I would not trade him unless we're getting something big back. I'm not sure on Brink yet. I wonder if Allison is ever going to stay healthy enough to play in the NHL...
    same i love york. Was playing last night at a local rink here in socal and his name was on a banner here! Local kid playing for my favorite team is awesome. My point was that we had no haula or wallmark to didn't want to give 2 solid prospects. Maybe they weren't interested in ghost at all. As for allison, I feel like he will sign with another team a la vesey/hayes

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    It was 1.5 years ago ... donít act like it is 5 years ago is what I mean.
    What I mean is that he's old and a bottom sixer with less goals than Grant this season. He also cost more.

Side note being that the penguins window is only here when they have Crosby and malkin. They need to essentially go all in every year until they lose one or both of them to father time. Meanwhile the flyers have youth throughout their lineup, minus a couple obvious names. The current plan needs to be playoff experience for the kids, development for the kids, and find upgrades in the margins when and where you can.

They didn't make a splash, but they improved without mortgaging the future.

same i love york. Was playing last night at a local rink here in socal and his name was on a banner here! Local kid playing for my favorite team is awesome. My point was that we had no haula or wallmark to didn't want to give 2 solid prospects. Maybe they weren't interested in ghost at all. As for allison, I feel like he will sign with another team a la vesey/hayes
    Worried they're about to lose Tanner Laczynski too.

Worried they're about to lose Tanner Laczynski too.
    im not lol.

but i sense sarcasm lol

parise for ladd in the works. Lol isles

im not lol.

but i sense sarcasm lol
    I like tanner more than Allison moving forward. Mostly due to health.

Now, AV expects both Grant and Thompson to play Wednesday. This could be concerning if they both become fixtures.

Im expecting farabee and Bunnaman to take a seat.

my duck friends all say we will love grant in the playoffs. He said he was one of the few bright spots on a crappy ducks team. Plays hard, great on the pk/fo, good size, and was used as a shutdown role. Said he played very well against mackinnon a few times.

I wouldn't look at his possession numbers on an awful ducks team too lol. I like this move. We needed another center. Thompson and bunnaman can fight for 4c.

my duck friends all say we will love grant in the playoffs. He said he was one of the few bright spots on a crappy ducks team. Plays hard, great on the pk/fo, good size, and was used as a shutdown role. Said he played very well against mackinnon a few times.

I wouldn't look at his possession numbers on an awful ducks team too lol. I like this move. We needed another center. Thompson and bunnaman can fight for 4c.
    I've never seen someone with his possession numbers TBH. 39%CF is appalling as is his -10% relative to his team. It's an outlier though career wise. Haven't seen him enough to have an opinion though. The 3 shorties make me happy, the 17% shooting percentage makes me nervous.

I've never seen someone with his possession numbers TBH. 39%CF is appalling as is his -10% relative to his team. It's an outlier though career wise. Haven't seen him enough to have an opinion though. The 3 shorties make me happy, the 17% shooting percentage makes me nervous.
    he won't sustain his shooting but he wasn't brought here for that. Its a bonus hes having nice numbers there. His pk, work ethic, fo, and defensive play are worth it. We needed something more than just bunnaman. What if laughton got injured again? Now we can play gratn and thompson instead of voro..

he won't sustain his shooting but he wasn't brought here for that. Its a bonus hes having nice numbers there. His pk, work ethic, fo, and defensive play are worth it. We needed something more than just bunnaman. What if laughton got injured again? Now we can play gratn and thompson instead of voro..
    I'm in favor of adding both these dudes at their respective prices especially.

I'm nervous about how much better they'll actually make the team though. In also nervous about the possibility they end up not being better options, but stay in the lineup. Luckily AV isn't Dave Hakstol, and hasn't been prone to leaving underperforming players in the lineup.

Grant may play higher in the lineup than we think as well. Really interested to see what they try first.

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast