Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Who sits for this stiff? Bunnaman > Thompson ... so, if he cracks the lineup in a 4th line role, who sits? Itís not Raf or Pitlick ... it isnít Laughton ...

My god. Ugly.
    Once again you're being dramatic. He's likely veteran Insurance for when/if bunnaman starts to falter. Not having a veteran option for the bottom of the lineup kids come playoff time would have been a mistake.

I feel there were likely better options than Thompson, but he serves a purpose.

Marleau to the Pens for 3rd

Fíin A
    Not sure who id want to take out of the lineup for Marleau TBH. Unlike Thompson Marlaeu would need to be in the lineup. He's pretty washed at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Once again you're being dramatic. He's likely veteran Insurance for when/if bunnaman starts to falter. Not having a veteran option for the bottom of the lineup kids come playoff time would have been a mistake.

I feel there were likely better options than Thompson, but he serves a purpose.
    Lindblom was a 5th round pick. Itís not dramatic at all, itís disappointment.

Not sure who id want to take out of the lineup for Marleau TBH. Unlike Thompson Marlaeu would need to be in the lineup. He's pretty washed at this point.
    Pitt gets an old time goal scorer, we get a 4th line center who shouldnít be in the lineup nightly ... We donít need Marleau but it just speaks to their managementís expertise ... we need goal scoring, we get a fringe player ... Pens needs goal scoring and get a goal scorer.

So after reading all of that...ummm...argument, here are my two cents:
    - Ghost is not playing well right now, but teams will pay for the prospect of having him return to the Ghost of 2 years ago.
    - Morin's upside is intriguing, but next season is his make or break year. Chara took a long time to develop as well, so I think patience is important with this kid. After next year, I'm ready to write him off. I agree he has no trade value right now though.
    - I think the Isles overpaid for Pagaeu and am glad we didn't do that. I love they will be out of the draft for this year though. lol They paid a 1st (top 3 protected) and a 2nd. The 3rd is if they win the Cup which isn't happening.
    - I think Carter or Kapenen are our top two plays here. Neither will cost too much. I prefer Kap I think because he's young and can continue to grow with the team.
    - ...crap boss walked in...time to pretend I'm working...

Morin has negative trade value, he retore his ACL ... he wonít be able to play next year and hasnít played any meaningful hockey in the last 3 years. His career OVER, awful 11th overall pick.

Another useless trade for us, and us giving up a 4th round pick coming with Anaheim.

Derek Grant for a 4th + AHL player ... whatever.

Grant is a weird case. I think he has the potential to help more offensively than Thompson, but his shot metrics are insanely bad.

The key here is that there are at least serviceable nhlers ready to go in case of injury. Shouldn't have to see Vorobyev or Rubstov or Chris Stewart come playoff time.

The cost was minimal. I expect them to be done now. The limited cap space has been used. So unless there's an Eric Stall deal with someone like Raffl going the other way coming, this is what we got moving forward.

28-14-93
    49-13-11
    25-21-18
    12-Grant-62

82/thompson

It's not a splash, but they aren't all in either. Have the ability to make moves this off-season to continue to improve. Didn't really mess with the chemistry of the locker room either.

The only downside is that the teams around them did more.

Lindblom was a 5th round pick. Itís not dramatic at all, itís disappointment.
    Friend of mine hit 250,000 on a scratch off once too.

Pitt gets an old time goal scorer, we get a 4th line center who shouldnít be in the lineup nightly ... We donít need Marleau but it just speaks to their managementís expertise ... we need goal scoring, we get a fringe player ... Pens needs goal scoring and get a goal scorer.
    Marlaeu has 10 goals. He's not a goal scorer. He's a name.

I really don't like the Thompson trade other than for depth....not sure what we're doing there. I like the Grant trade though. I like the depth he adds and that he has solid defensive ability. I think he will slot nicely between Raff and NAK. I think Bunny has done well, but he isn't that great and we can upgrade there, which we did.

28-14-93
    49-13-11
    25-21-18
    12-Grant-62

Also, if/when Patty comes back it could look more like this....

28-14-93
    49-13-11
    25-19-18
    12-21-Grant (With NAK slotting in if anyone slows down or is injured.)

With Frost and Patty it could be...

28-14-93
    49-13-11
    25-19-48 (or whatever frost is)
    12-21-Grant/18

I think someone else is about to get traded....things usually come in threes right?

Marlaeu has 10 goals. He's not a goal scorer. He's a name.
    He got 27 in 16/17 and 17/18 ... which is more than most everyone on this team has had besides couturier and G in his 102 point year ... and him slotted next to Crosby will end up scoring in bunches again ... like a Justin Williams

He got 27 in 16/17 and 17/18 ... which is more than most everyone on this team has had besides couturier and G in his 102 point year ... and him slotted next to Crosby will end up scoring in bunches again ... like a Justin Williams
    Weird. I didn't know they were planning to play the playoffs in 2018 this postseason. When did they announce that?

The hurricanes gave up virtually nothing too.

So where is the vision, Chuck?!
    they probably wanted more from us though. Guaranteed they asked for ghost or frost. We don't have any other pieces worth anything. Doubt they wanted york or brink and i doubt we trade them

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast