Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Hayes’ production is exactly what I said, standard 2nd line C production ... this post was before we resigned TK and Provorov, and before Morin retore his ACL ... we still don’t have a direction. This post is dead accurate.
    dont have a direction

while being a top team in the NHL in a year where we had no nolan patrick/very little lindblom/ negative production from your god ghost and carter hart started slow and got injured and G is having a down year while JVR has been by your metrics and your words hella unlocky correct?

but yo... no direction lololololol... if we were in the west we would be the 2 seed and could legit end up the 3 or 4 seed overall............ but no direction with a top farm system might i add.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    dont have a direction

while being a top team in the NHL in a year where we had no nolan patrick/very little lindblom/ negative production from your god ghost and carter hart started slow and got injured and G is having a down year while JVR has been by your metrics and your words hella unlocky correct?

but yo... no direction lololololol... if we were in the west we would be the 2 seed and could legit end up the 3 or 4 seed overall............ but no direction with a top farm system might i add.
    A top farm system that Hextall created, which was part of his plan. We have no direction from Fletcher besides adding a 2C, and adding some vets on defense - both with expiring contracts over the next two years. Adding competent NHL coaching. What is fletchers direction? Those actions are not direction moves, they are “fix obvious problems”.

Is fletcher’s plan to add pieces to Hexy’s plan? Is it to rebuild around a new core? Is it to move our aging vets who have won a total of 1 playoff series? We have zero clue.

So yah, we are playing great ... and the team is built around the young defense Hexy drafted. I don’t think we have a direction except to play out Hexy’s course for the next two years, which is not a direction ... it is simply next steps in the prior management plans.

Side note

If the fans were aware of Patricks condition this offseason, there would have been far fewer people that disliked that move.

Pagaeu to the isles for a 1+2+3.

Starting to think the flyers may end up with Derek Grant as their prize here.

Trochek to the hurricanes. The dream is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Trochek to the hurricanes. The dream is dead.
    The hurricanes gave up virtually nothing too.

So where is the vision, Chuck?!

Side note

If the fans were aware of Patricks condition this offseason, there would have been far fewer people that disliked that move.
    Agreed.

Still think they don't make a move. Fletcher is going to stay the course with the team on the ice. Next year I could see a big move being made as the team should be competing for the Metro division.

Thompson for our 5th?! What a waste. Fletcher my god. What a total waste.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    It's not a waste. It is underwhelming though.

It's not a waste. It is underwhelming though.
    Laughton, Frost, and Pitlick are better centers ... and Raf is even a better center

He has never had more than 25 points and that was 10+ years ago
    Last edited by castan_b; 02-24-2020 at 12:03 PM.

he's a 4th line center + PKer, which means he's here to relieve some of the strain that we're putting on couturier and hayes.

it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    he's a 4th line center + PKer, which means he's here to relieve some of the strain that we're putting on couturier and hayes.

it's fine.
    Most successful PK teams have their high end stars playing on the PK to score shorties ... it is a new trend. It is an unjustified, terrible move. Directionless.

Who sits for this stiff? Bunnaman > Thompson ... so, if he cracks the lineup in a 4th line role, who sits? It’s not Raf or Pitlick ... it isn’t Laughton ...

My god. Ugly.

Marleau to the Pens for 3rd

F’in A

Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast