Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    it sucks but its not being morbid... its being realistic... cancer sucks ***... he has a rare form... he wont play again... at this point i pray he just enjoys his life and lives and experiences some stuff
    Amen. Itís only a 70% chance of survival

He was robbed of his own life.

3 things

couts is a god

Prov is a monster

Hayes should smack the **** out of everyone that doubted him... the dude is magic.
    I am happy to have been wrong about him. I didn't like the signing, but I am liking what I am seeing so far.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

it sucks but its not being morbid... its being realistic... cancer sucks ***... he has a rare form... he wont play again... at this point i pray he just enjoys his life and lives and experiences some stuff
    I wouldn't say he won't ever play again either. We just don't have enough information to know how early it was caught or what kind of treatment he is going through. There are cases of players beating the same form of cancer and coming back as well. It's just a matter of when they found it. So I'm of the mindset that I'm not counting on him ever coming back, but I am hopeful that he beats it and gets to live the life he wants to live.

Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    I am happy to have been wrong about him. I didn't like the signing, but I am liking what I am seeing so far.
    He's done about what I expected him to. It's still as much an overpay today as it was then. I think most people that didn't likely the signing or of the same mindset as me that it was too much money as term. The money would be a lot easier to swallow without the term. The backend of this deal is going to be dicey.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    He's done about what I expected him to. It's still as much an overpay today as it was then. I think most people that didn't likely the signing or of the same mindset as me that it was too much money as term. The money would be a lot easier to swallow without the term. The backend of this deal is going to be dicey.
    The hope has to be that the next CBA includes a buyout provision, which it probably will.

Then the Flyers can just eat the cash hit with no impact on the cap & move on with their lives.

i think the hayes signing would've been a lot easier if we didn't have jvr for 7 million as well. I think hayes will be fine later in his career as a 3c who can still be good on the pk and hopefully be a guy who can matchup well with top 6 lines. Yes, jvr was less term but at least hayes fillls a position of need. JVR was supposed to AT LEAST help the pp out and he hasn't done that. We easily could've spent that 7 million on something else.

Oh and patrick not living up to what he was supposed to forced our hand. To me, the hayes signing (even though it was a little much) is worth way more than the jvr signing.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    It's easier to swallow an overpay when the player is at least not annoying the crap out of me everytime I see him on the ice (AMac).
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

also @castan, i dont want raddysh. I don't think he will be a 2nd line player

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    Will revisit in 3 years. That is fair, I think putting up with Frost will elevate both of them, but I do see the point.

I like Hoglander a lot too.

i think the hayes signing would've been a lot easier if we didn't have jvr for 7 million as well. I think hayes will be fine later in his career as a 3c who can still be good on the pk and hopefully be a guy who can matchup well with top 6 lines. Yes, jvr was less term but at least hayes fillls a position of need. JVR was supposed to AT LEAST help the pp out and he hasn't done that. We easily could've spent that 7 million on something else.

Oh and patrick not living up to what he was supposed to forced our hand. To me, the hayes signing (even though it was a little much) is worth way more than the jvr signing.
    JVR has arguably played at a 1st line caliber level, but he has had some awful puck luck. His case is such a weird one.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Who doesnt, but Vancouver ain't trading him for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    It's easier to swallow an overpay when the player is at least not annoying the crap out of me everytime I see him on the ice (AMac).
    Give it a few years. When he starts slowing down it ain't gonna be pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    ya i really like him too. Definitely will be interesting to see where raddysh ends up. Hopefully these boards are still alive then haha

The more I think about it, the more trading Ghost is really the only option we have to get someone back that can play at the NHL level now. Possibly trading JVR but I'm not sure what you could actually get back for him. I don't want to trade Ghost, but by trading him we could bring back a player that possibly needs a change of scenery to get back to a level they were at a year or 2 ago.

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast