Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Why would you give him a contract now? He is under control for the next 3 years, he has no leverage and if he holds out this summer during training camp the Jets get another year of control.
    I would have him play this year at his current rate
    Next year would be a better rate and the following years would be big money with guarantees up front

My extension includes this year but would not give him a raise this year but instead a bonus that would count toward the guaranteed money.

Heís the best player the jets have seen on their team since revis was in his prime

I donít mess with him

You can disagree. Thatís fine. I would give him a deal front loaded with guarantees so the back end would be his to earn

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I would have him play this year at his current rate
    Next year would be a better rate and the following years would be big money with guarantees up front

My extension includes this year but would not give him a raise this year but instead a bonus that would count toward the guaranteed money.

Heís the best player the jets have seen on their team since revis was in his prime

I donít mess with him

You can disagree. Thatís fine. I would give him a deal front loaded with guarantees so the back end would be his to earn
    He doesn't want to play this year at his current salary, hence the not attending the off season workouts.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

He doesn't want to play this year at his current salary, hence the not attending the off season workouts.
    Understood.

I may not have been clear enough with 5 year extension. I was including the two he has left. So the extension would only be 3 years after that. He'd get a bonus this year, so he'd make a bit more. Next year he would see a decent pay raise and the following 3 would be his payday.
    I would think if he got a bonus this year, a raise next and knew he had big money coming, he'd be ready to go.

So I would not offer him a bunch this year. Next year would get him between his rookie deal and his payday deal.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

First off let me say that I do not want to trade Adams. He's probably the best draft selection we've made since Revis. Having said that...I think the Jets will hold firm and not extend him anytime soon so I think things could become very contentious between the two sides.

Although I want to keep Jamal, trading him for a 1st and a 3rd to me is a crapshoot. If we truly want to seek out value, my preference would be for an established star. A star who has already proven himself and is at a premium position. How about a straight up trade Adams for Ngakoue?

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    First off let me say that I do not want to trade Adams. He's probably the best draft selection we've made since Revis. Having said that...I think the Jets will hold firm and not extend him anytime soon so I think things could become very contentious between the two sides.

Although I want to keep Jamal, trading him for a 1st and a 3rd to me is a crapshoot. If we truly want to seek out value, my preference would be for an established star. A star who has already proven himself and is at a premium position. How about a straight up trade Adams for Ngakoue?
    Very interesting proposal.

I would not do it. I think Adams could have double digit sacks for years to come. I think he's more versatile as a player.

With that said, it's a great thought. I would want their second as well.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

I would rather have Jamals salary top of his position that a DE top at there position contract wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    I would rather have Jamals salary top of his position that a DE top at there position contract wise.

You would rather have Adams at 17 than a edge at 17?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

You would rather have Adams at 17 than a edge at 17?
    Top tier DE gets QB money, Adams is top of the class homegrown talent that should get paid.

Demarcus Lawrence gets 19 this year and 20 next. If we wait to sign Jamal next year the price will no doubt go up.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

100%

Top tier DE gets QB money, Adams is top of the class homegrown talent that should get paid.

Demarcus Lawrence gets 19 this year and 20 next. If we wait to sign Jamal next year the price will no doubt go up.

But he is under control for the next 3 years, with his Franchise tag year being at 11.5 million. Why do you want to give him 17 million per.

But he is under control for the next 3 years, with his Franchise tag year being at 11.5 million. Why do you want to give him 17 million per.
    Happy wife happy life.

That's about it.

Why cause strife in house when he will get paid anyway. He needs to be a jet for life, make the man happy.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

Why cause strife in house when he will get paid anyway. He needs to be a jet for life, make the man happy.

Because he is under contract, he has no recourse. If he holds out this year for TC, another year is tacked on.

This is why so many people stress building a team through the draft, its an inexpensive way to get quality talent.

Now throw in that he prefers to play for the Cowboys than the Jets.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...contract-talks

Because he is under contract, he has no recourse. If he holds out this year for TC, another year is tacked on.

This is why so many people stress building a team through the draft, its an inexpensive way to get quality talent.

Now throw in that he prefers to play for the Cowboys than the Jets.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...contract-talks

it clearly says if hes traded Dallas is preferred, not that he would rather play there over staying with the jets. If he gets a long term deal from us obviously hes staying put.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

it clearly says if hes traded Dallas is preferred, not that he would rather play there over staying with the jets. If he gets a long term deal from us obviously hes staying put.
    Get used to it, it happens, a lot.

If he wants to go to dallas, that's fine.
    It's all about where we will send him, if he chooses not to be here.

Its going to be hard to sign him this year because if the cap, but if we can extend his contract with a hefty signing bonus deferred to next year's cap.
    That could suffice, as he will be paid this year and still receive his long-term deal.

Still though, as much as I like Adams (and I think he's incredible), if Cleveland is interested and I can straight up get Miles Garrett. I'd definitely consider it.

And again if Dallas is offering a 1st, a 3rd and Gallup. I'd do it.

Gallup as a #1, with Perriman and Mims as WO, with Chowder in the slot and Doctson of the bench is a sound WR core.
    Plus you have the picks.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast